Spelunker's Lantern

I know it can be very well hidden in the waterfall cave ,so maybe check there again?  Otherwise I'd suggest just trying all the caves in twm not just the wiki ones..    

If there's still no joy finding it I'd file a bug report.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Keep in mind the Fandom Wiki only lists locations that have been confirmed to be locations where people have found the item, not necessarily every place it can spawn, especially with the loot randomization the game has now.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Pyroxene said:

Search Blackrock's Mine again? I assume it was added in that update?

No, I don't think so, but it seem to much away from me current, but I'm sure I search all corners!

1 hour ago, Leeanda said:

I know it can be very well hidden in the waterfall cave ,so maybe check there again?  Otherwise I'd suggest just trying all the caves in twm not just the wiki ones..    

If there's still no joy finding it I'd file a bug report.

Yeah, I search every each corners, maybe you send a bug report?

1 hour ago, ThePancakeLady said:

Keep in mind the Fandom Wiki only lists locations that have been confirmed to be locations where people have found the item, not necessarily every place it can spawn, especially with the loot randomization the game has now.

It is hard to tell, but the loot randomization came before the lantern, otherwise I agree with you!

@Pyroxene @Leeanda @ThePancakeLady Thank you all for the answers, I guess that, but it is not a huge deal, maybe this Will get not the lantern 😇

• Upvote 2

You are on the current version of the game ?   If it's a loper run then it only spawns with 2.17v   Have you tried another run to see if it spawns?    You might just have a buggy run..  

If still not turning up then you should file a report.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

You are on the current version of the game ?   If it's a loper run then it only spawns with 2.17v   Have you tried another run to see if it spawns?    You might just have a buggy run..  

If still not turning up then you should file a report.

Trust me I'm sure, this is the right version, I use never mods or so, but it is not so important for me, maybe I'm blind 😁

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Sebastian1992 said:

Trust me I'm sure, this is the right version, I use never mods or so, but it is not so important for me, maybe I'm blind 😁

If you've checked repeatedly then I don't think it's your eyesight😊.      It could have just fell in to the rocks or something....

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Sebastian1992 said:

I discover the mine with the default lantern and yeah, I'm fine with that, but yeah it's okay we waiting for the next update!

It's going to be a fun experience 😊.     I'm pretty nomadic but I'm going to have to hang around just to see the cougar..

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

@Sebastian1992

I have found the spelunker's lantern a few times in the transition cave between Timberwolf and Blackrock.  Also on the tops of Echo Peak East/West.  Can't remember which one it was, sorry.

On a couple occasions I found it in the TWM cave that has one end close to the last rope climb that takes you to the summit.

As Leeanda says, it is often in the waterfall cave near Eric's Falls.

Edited by I_eat_only_wolf_meat
tag
  • Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/15/2024 at 3:47 PM, I_eat_only_wolf_meat said:

@Sebastian1992

I have found the spelunker's lantern a few times in the transition cave between Timberwolf and Blackrock.  Also on the tops of Echo Peak East/West.  Can't remember which one it was, sorry.

On a couple occasions I found it in the TWM cave that has one end close to the last rope climb that takes you to the summit.

As Leeanda says, it is often in the waterfall cave near Eric's Falls.

Unfortunately no luck on this places, but I life with that I guess...

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Maybe file a report anyway?  Can't do any harm..

Maybe, but I can't tell 100% positive, this is the issue and they have (Hinterland) more bugs to fix, specific the vanished firebarrel and rimgrill  in the zone of contamination! They have enough to work and this is not important for me!

Anyway! I wait in Transfer Pass for the update 😇 and maybe I play old wrestling games or other old games like hogs of war! I really love the ps1 and ps2 😇

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Sebastian1992 said:

Maybe, but I can't tell 100% positive, this is the issue and they have (Hinterland) more bugs to fix, specific the vanished firebarrel and rimgrill  in the zone of contamination! They have enough to work and this is not important for me!

Anyway! I wait in Transfer Pass for the update 😇 and maybe I play old wrestling games or other old games like hogs of war! I really love the ps1 and ps2 😇

It's up to you of course😊.   

I don't remember anything about a fire barrel ..🤔

Cool,I've got an old ps1 and hogs of war lol...it's a great fun game😁

Edited by Leeanda
  • Upvote 2

Could be this bug that I know of with the Part 1 tool variants.  If it's not your first time visiting the area they're supposed to be in they won't spawn properly, a regular version of the item will have taken its place.  Do you remember finding a regular lantern at any of the places the wiki listed?  If so you'll only find it in new games, sorry.

• Upvote 1

On 6/11/2024 at 11:59 AM, rush247 said:

Could be this bug that I know of with the Part 1 tool variants.  If it's not your first time visiting the area they're supposed to be in they won't spawn properly, a regular version of the item will have taken its place.  Do you remember finding a regular lantern at any of the places the wiki listed?  If so you'll only find it in new games, sorry.

One other thing I should've included is that this only happens if you installed the dlc after visiting said area.  Like say you visit CH then install, there's a big chance you will find a regular rifle in Barb's place.

On interloper it is guaranteed to spawn in 1 of 4 different spots. You can google interloper loot tables for the updated interloper loot table.Just be sure that it’s the one after TFTFT. On interloper I’ve found it in the cave between N and S keepers, TWM Echo Peak East, and the transition cave between TWM and BRM. There’s one other that I don’t have at hand. Good hunting.

I’ve not found it in the BE bunkers, but I’ve only done it once on interloper. Figure it could spawn as random loot in other locations as well. What appears on the loot table is a sure thing.

2 hours ago, Laxgoalie said:

There’s one other that I don’t have at hand.

I believe the last one is in the cave that has an exit very close to the final rope climb to the summit on TWM.  I've found mag lenses in the same spot so there is one very good loot spawn in there.

2 hours ago, Laxgoalie said:

Figure it could spawn as random loot in other locations as well.

Sorry to say this but that's impossible for the unique tool variants.  They only spawn in the handful of places listed for them in the wiki.

• 3 weeks later...

The Fandom Wiki list for Spelunker's should be accurate now, and if it isn't present at one of these locations either Hinterlands has changed the item's spawn points or you've encountered a bug. (and drop me a message and I'll correct it, or you can edit the page yourself)

https://thelongdark.fandom.com/wiki/Spelunker's_Lantern

I encountered a similar situation where I thought the Spelunkers failed to spawn in an Interloper world, but it was there:

Spoiler

not in the transition cave from Keeper's Pass but the Timberwolf Mountain -> Blackrock transition cave.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Finally I got the lantern and this is my fault, actually I never been in the transition cave to Blackrock Mountain before, very weird I might swear I've been here before 🤔....

Probably I come always from Keepers Pass, but anyway thank you all for the help ☺️

On 6/17/2024 at 2:40 AM, Laxgoalie said:

And now the dream is over :)

😛 And now the dream comes true!

screen_22d3c31f-b73f-4b98-b19d-abbd72d3f270_hi.png

Edited by Sebastian1992
  • Upvote 6