Salted crackers

Crackers are one of the best weight to calorie ratios. They have the most calories per kilogram. It's good emergency food. 

You can eat them after waking up from a long rest when you are already dehydrated, that way it doesn't waste water. I like to eat a small portion of them when I'm not thirsty but I want to drink a coffee or a tea. 

• Upvote 5

They're 600 calories for 0.1 kg, plus they don't smell and barely decay, making them basically the best travel food in the game. I almost always save them for later in the game. You can just eat them when you're already dehydrated so you don't waste water. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Pyroxene said:

How wise is it to eat salty crackers?

Not wise at all, but only because they're so good that you might prefer to keep them for later. 😊

Seriously, the crackers are some of the best food items in the game. Just make sure you have some water to chase them down with.

• Upvote 3

At 6,000 kcal/kg, salty crackers are pretty tough to beat as long as you've got lots of water. Even considering they cost 20% hydration to eat, that's still only 0.13 l of water, so you're still looking at a respectable 2,609 kcal/kg.

You could argue that the energy bar is better as it has 5,000 kcal/kg and doesn't make you thirsty, but it does decay somewhat quickly: 0.8% per day inside, 0.4% per day outside. Salty crackers keep forever.

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

A perfect travelling food. Good calories, small weight, wolves cant smell it. Sure, they make you thirsty, but I personally dont drnk on Stalker dis and lower until I go to sleep and on loper I travel with adaquate amount of water. Overall, if you got along tarvel ahead and dont expect to find much food wise along the way, this is the food you wanna take :)