TALES, Part Five, Dev Diary coming the week of May 13th

So, it's May 13th this week we can get the dev diary. It's still Canada time zone, right? That means, May 14th in my time zone. like 2:00am (China)? I am a content creator. It's very important to me to translate the dev diary to my audience ASAP.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, TWMountain said:

So, it's May 13th this week we can get the dev diary. It's still Canada time zone, right? That means, May 14th in my time zone. like 2:00am (China)? I am a content creator. It's very important to me to translate the dev diary to my audience ASAP.

It's not necessarily on the 13th ,just some time on or during that week.

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TWMountain said:

Should be about 15 hour delay.  So if they post it at 5 PM then it would be 8 AM next day

6 hours ago, thekillergreece said:

The way the episode ended, I don't think so unless there's a large coast north of the entire map. I was more expecting south because that's where the coast is.

But the coast isn't South....it's actually East.

DP is to the North east....and Bleak Inlet is to the SE.

Astrid ends up as far to the N.E. as we've seen thus far in the game. And if Hinterland (or someone else) were to add Coastal Area below Bleak Inlet it would be the furthest South East on the Island so far.

Currently the ZoC is the furthest South we can explore on the Island.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Leeanda said:

Just my theory,but with the space available on the map being east  then maybe a transition zone in the north of pv ..looping round to perseverance mills.there could also be an exit from pv on the east side at End of the road.

There have been a ton of player-made maps that have the wind rose showing the cardinal directions in a dozen different ways. If I look at the old original world map DP is SE, with a road leading north along the coast. The Broken Bridge in DP- you can see a roadway on the other side, but I have not found a way up that rockface in the vanilla game. My hope is that the Broken Bridge in DP either has a tricky path across the open space or a way up the rockface on the other side is opened up, leading us to that road leading north along the coast, with PM being the end destination on that roadway. That would put PM on the coast, to the East of TWM and AC, and North of DP.

I honestly just want DP to connect to more than one region, lol.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, ThePancakeLady said:

There have been a ton of player-made maps that have the wind rose showing the cardinal directions in a dozen different ways. If I look at the old original world map DP is SE, with a road leading north along the coast. The Broken Bridge in DP- you can see a roadway on the other side, but I have not found a way up that rockface in the vanilla game. My hope is that the Broken Bridge in DP either has a tricky path across the open space or a way up the rockface on the other side is opened up, leading us to that road leading north along the coast, with PM being the end destination on that roadway. That would put PM on the coast, to the East of TWM and AC, and North of DP.

I honestly just want DP to connect to more than one region, lol.

Lol...  So do I😁.   I'd spend a lot more time there if it did lead to PV....  

I don't think I'd have dared trying to get over the bridge,the risk of instakills alone stops me from fully explored the edges.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Lol...  So do I😁.   I'd spend a lot more time there if it did lead to PV....  

I don't think I'd have dared trying to get over the bridge,the risk of instakills alone stops me from fully explored the edges.

One of my great joys over the years has been trying to climb everywhere we can climb, and everywhere that it seems we aren't supposed to be able to climb up to or down from. No mods, just roleplaying a mountain goat. And yeah, trying to get to that roadway on the ther side of the bridge has never worked out well, lol. I always wonder if Scruffy's cave could lead to a connection... or a small cave below the bridge that would lead upwards and bring us out beside that road. 

Wishful thinking, I know. But I'll keep trying to find a way up there, RIP poor intrepid survivors trying to scale that rockface. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, ThePancakeLady said:

One of my great joys over the years has been trying to climb everywhere we can climb, and everywhere that it seems we aren't supposed to be able to climb up to or down from. No mods, just roleplaying a mountain goat. And yeah, trying to get to that roadway on the ther side of the bridge has never worked out well, lol. I always wonder if Scruffy's cave could lead to a connection... or a small cave below the bridge that would lead upwards and bring us out beside that road. 

Wishful thinking, I know. But I'll keep trying to find a way up there, RIP poor intrepid survivors trying to scale that rockface. 

You must have seen some changes to places then..  I know I've seen a few new invisible walls popping up .

I like the idea of scruffys  cave being extended . And I'm probably the only one who hopes she stays there😁

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

You must have seen some changes to places then..  I know I've seen a few new invisible walls popping up .

Yeah, places I had gotten to before that can no longer be goated to due to invisible walls or terrain changes that blocked the path, some places with insta-kill falls added if you tried to turn around and go back down the same way. But that just gives me something to do- try to find a new way there (and back down)! :D

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, ThePancakeLady said:

Yeah, places I had gotten to before that can no longer be goated to due to invisible walls or terrain changes that blocked the path, some places with insta-kill falls added if you tried to turn around and go back down the same way. But that just gives me something to do- try to find a new way there (and back down)! :D

I'm flat out amazed that there are not only the original but a second way up TWM Summit without a rope!

All those years ago when I found it at the same time as another player...and then last year ArchimedesLP and myself were both looking for a new route as well...and he found it first.

Both are so difficult that they are probably being left in on purpose.

3 hours ago, thekillergreece said:

It's 13th and no dev blog! They lied to us! (/s)

I do hope it won't be an announcement for an announcement. :)

It's 2:00 a.m. in Vancouver. The developers are still asleep.) I guess the diary will be out in ~10 hours.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

@thekillergreece
@Max21

The announcement on Steam does not say on the 13th... it say's:

TALES, Part Five, Dev Diary coming the week of May 13th
For all of you waiting for news of TALES Part Five, we will have a dev diary coming the week of May 13th.

I urge patience, rather than making assumptions.
I don't think anyone promised anything for today.

:coffee::fire::coffee:

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

“You're wrong! wait, wait and wait” (c) Moderators . I am NOT breaking the rules of this forum stop restricting me. 

I very much ask the administration @Admin to deal with it. Moderators with their actions interfere with calm discussion of different topics. They impose their point of view, often change the topic of discussion or start talking among themselves in order to interfere with the discussion.

2 hours ago, Max21 said:

It's 2:00 a.m. in Vancouver. The developers are still asleep.) I guess the diary will be out in ~10 hours.

I wouldn't expect that. It said during the course of the week not specifically on Monday.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

@Pyroxene For my part, I'm not upset about any of it. :D
I was merely pointing out the facts of the matter based on what was actually posted by Hinterland.
No worries on my end.  No one on the forums has the power to actually upset me. :) 

@Max21 - you weren't being restricted.  All I did was point out that the assumptions about something official being posted today were a bit of a fallacy, and offered a correction to help folks manage the expectations they have apparently created for themselves.  However, if you continue to get hostile about it (as it seems you have)... then that's another matter.  At no time did I say your comment was inappropriate or against any rules... I was only attempting to clarify.  You, however, seem to have chosen to take offense.  No offense was given on my end... I only offered facts and have encouraged folks towards patience and to perhaps not build expectations around assumptions.  :) 

@thekillergreece Duly noted.  However, just because a person labels something "/s" doesn't mean everything that came before it is gets a pass to be disrespectful/defamatory.  It's like saying, "with all due respect..."  it doesn't then give a person free license to then be disrespectful without consequence.  

:coffee::fire::coffee:
Let's move on and let this alone now.

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1

I'm very excited ! The begining of the year was very calm but I have huge hopes for the rest. Can't wait to read you guys.
And I'm also very hyped and curious about the home customisation, and terrified by the couguar. Hope they come together, we'll see !! 😁

• Upvote 1