50 kg Flour

dahemac

On 3/11/2024 at 3:00 PM, hozz1235 said:

We have flour now.  You just want a bigger bag of it?

Yep. Can easily use up all the flour in the world pretty quickly. Want to use those recipes, that game mechanic, but making enough frypan-foods to traverse the island and back once uses up quite a lot. Whereas, if I just ignore recipes, I can get 35kg+ of bear meat every few days, and just eat that. The recipes are not much use without ingredients.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, dahemac said:

Yep. Can easily use up all the flour in the world pretty quickly. Want to use those recipes, that game mechanic, but making enough frypan-foods to traverse the island and back once uses up quite a lot. Whereas, if I just ignore recipes, I can get 35kg+ of bear meat every few days, and just eat that. The recipes are not much use without ingredients.

Oh, I agree, there should be a way to get more FC ingredients!  I'm hoping the trader may fill that role.

• Upvote 4

One place where they should show up should be as items from beachcombing.  Maybe inside containers, suitcases, trunks, or whatever.  Just add them to the items that can be inside containers and washed up.  

And my constant suggestion that Frontier Cooking should have a generic recipe of meat/fish in a pot/skillet with water for a hot meal.  Calories, hydration, and warmth bonus (if applicable).  Two servings in a pot recipe and one in a skillet recipe.  Maybe a half serving for a recycled can.  

I am kind of put off by the recipes having the same positive and negative effects.  Hard to implement but more variety might help in choice of what to cook  AFTER they generic meat/fish recipe is implemented.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, UTC-10 said:

One place where they should show up should be as items from beachcombing.  Maybe inside containers, suitcases, trunks, or whatever.  Just add them to the items that can be inside containers and washed up.

A washed up shipping container that you could enter would be neat.  Almost anything could be in there.

• Like 1

On 3/14/2024 at 7:09 PM, I_eat_only_wolf_meat said:

A washed up shipping container that you could enter would be neat.  Almost anything could be in there.

Or, more boats with stuff.  A Conex box would unbalance the game a bit, IMO.  Typically would contain TONS of stuff and act as a shelter.  I would like to see some other boat types - perhaps sail boats with a cabin where you could shelter/sleep containing some gear.  Same for medium-sized fishing boats.

• Upvote 2

On 3/14/2024 at 8:09 PM, I_eat_only_wolf_meat said:

Entering it would be a bit much. But adding a new kind of sealed shipping container to beachcombing which requires extra time to open, but can contain things like flour which would be quickly rendered useless when exposed to the elements. Perhaps require lugging around Tools or Quality Tools and an hour or so sitting out there in the open, to dismantle and open what is a very well-sealed box. In return, the box can contain any kind of loot, from mundane to extremely rare, and it's always at 100%.

Or heck. People have been begging for a shotgun. Give 'em a breaching shotgun that you have to actually load, aim, and blast the container with. Not terribly effective for hunting, but can be used to scare off wildlife or blast open those shipping crates. And possibly security doors in (insert hypothetical DLC here.) Edit: Hmm or spawn one of those sealed containers waaaaay out on thin ice. The only way to open it is to blast it with a firearm, which physically destroys the object in the environment. Then the player sprints out to pick up the gear which spawned inside of it (sort of like how gear can be hidden "inside" crates after you smash them.)

Edited by ajb1978
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, ajb1978 said:

But adding a new kind of sealed shipping container to beachcombing which requires extra time to open, but can contain things like flour which would be quickly rendered useless when exposed to the elements. Perhaps require lugging around Tools or Quality Tools and an hour or so sitting out there in the open, to dismantle and open what is a very well-sealed box. In return, the box can contain any kind of loot, from mundane to extremely rare, and it's always at 100%.

Something like we see on TWM?

• 2 weeks later...

I like this idea. One other thought might be making flower of some sort available in the world around us like through crushing acorns, grinding up cattail roots or some other plant.

• Upvote 1