Hammering acorns with more tools

cuttlefish

It's a small change but one that I imagine is easy to implement and I can't see a reason why it shouldn't be this way, as you should be able to use the bottom of the handle of any tool to ground the acorns, except maybe the prybar or the hacksaw. Even the revolver or a flashlight should be able to do the job.

• Upvote 6

Sure, I usually never have all the ingredients, a skillet/pot, AND the hammer all at once. If I have the hammer, I'm missing something else or vice versa. 

Last night, however, I decided to make Lily's Pancakes, so I finally used acorn grounds in something other than the coffee. (Only did that once)

Unfortunately, it just doesn't seem worth it. Lily's pancakes give you 1250 calories so it's probably better to just eat the 4 acorns and the peaches separately, and then making regular pancakes. (I actually just made a thread under wish list called 'balanced recipes' discussing this)

6 minutes ago, Stranzua said:

Sure, I usually never have all the ingredients, a skillet/pot, AND the hammer all at once. If I have the hammer, I'm missing something else or vice versa.

Just an idea:  you could still collect acorns, and when you do have access to a hammer, crack them then.  This is what I do.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, hozz1235 said:

After you've cooked prepared acorns, you use a hammer to make Acorn Grounds.

strange. You would think any hard heavy object, even a random rock, would work. This whole game is bizarre though.

• Upvote 1

On 1/13/2024 at 10:37 PM, Stranzua said:

I will never make acorn grounds because they require the heavy hammer.

If nothing else, acorn grounds are worthwhile because you can make the preppers pie with it.

I always have a heavy hammer playing interloper because it's the fastest way to get a wolf off you if you screw up and one gets through your defenses.

• Upvote 1

I just searched all of Coastal Highway and most of Desolation Point and I didn't find a single pot or skillet. I found a hammer, but no cookware. That is crazy. Lol. I swear I'm always missing something. Now if I want to cook, I will have to go all the way back to Mystery Lake or Mountain Town.