Most common slang used in The Long Dark?

1 minute ago, xxfinebeanzxx said:

I call the rifle a Lee Enfield and the revolver either a Smith & Wesson or a model 75 as it reminds me of the American police revolver.

maybe it was the model 57 instead? I dunno I know its either 57 or 75

Remember that we're looking for TLD-specific vocabulary that is used by the community. This is a resouce to help people who are on forums or watching streams and meet a phrase or abbreviation they don't understand and won't find outside of TLD.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, conanjaguar said:

I found him once… he was dead… but it wasn’t my fault 😁.

Sure it wasn't....😁 

10 minutes ago, xanna said:

I've never met larry 😢 I might live in that cave if Larry were there

He is a rare bunny, I think I've had him three times on my 660+ day run...      I thought about leaving a carrot in there like @Zaknafein did in one of his videos😁

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

• Three-way cave: a cave with three exits in Timberwolf Mountain, beneath Deer Clearing

I knew that cave doesn't have an official name, but I just checked and it doesn't seem to go by that name anywhere in the wiki, so worth including.

• Upvote 1

I've seen man-made foods (canned stuff, chips, sodas, etc) get referred to under an umbrella term like "junk or processed food", opposed to the stuff you hunt/gather (fish, cattails, meat)

• Upvote 2

I agree that place names common in the community such as Three-way cave should be included on the wiki, especially for locations that don't have a proper official name.

Unfortunately, the TLD wiki doesn't operate on a basis of community consensus. The wiki "commander" (their choice of word, not mine) doesn't seem to like unofficial info and has in the past summarily deleted it. I do hope the slang page page won't have the same fate.

• Upvote 2