To Whomever Made Poisoned Wolves Stealthy

18 hours ago, turtle777 said:

So, anecdotally, it seems like they are not afraid of torches, but flares and campfire will keep them long enough at bay that they can be scared of by pointing a weapon. 
Haven't tried if starting a new campfire works, of if you get mauled in the process. 
-t

I've not seen a difference with the new wolves and torches, compared to the "normal" wolves.  I've been wandering around the new region in my Interloper run carrying a lit torch when I can, and all of my wolf interactions have been predictable.  If I'm not encumbered, I just walk toward the new wolves with a lit torch and they flee.  I had one struggle while carrying a torch when I came around a tight corner and ran into a wolf, but that's expected when suddenly being that close to the wolf.

4 hours ago, MrWolf said:

I've not seen a difference with the new wolves and torches, compared to the "normal" wolves.

I've seen two streamers (Zacnafein and Wonzandonly) have "not normal" encounters.

Take a look at this, go to minute 28 - not encumbered, healthy, wolf comes from distance, ignores torch completely.

Or here - wolf doesn't stop or growl, but goes straight for the maul (at the very end of stream):

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1997292599

This is not how wolves behave in any other region.

-t

• 4 weeks later...

Update on ZOC wolf behavior:

They are afraid of fire / torches, but it's not guaranteed. Sometimes, they will charge from afar and ignore the torch. I have not seen them ignore a blue flare.

Some speculate that afflictions might influence the wolves behavior - if you have afflictions, they might be more eager to ignore the torch or fire.

Bashrobe has a great video on how afflictions play into wolf behavior. I think it's possible that the tweaked ZOC wolves have a similar mechanic built in.

-t

On 12/12/2023 at 11:42 AM, MrWolf said:

I've not seen a difference with the new wolves and torches, compared to the "normal" wolves.  I've been wandering around the new region in my Interloper run carrying a lit torch when I can, and all of my wolf interactions have been predictable.  If I'm not encumbered, I just walk toward the new wolves with a lit torch and they flee.  I had one struggle while carrying a torch when I came around a tight corner and ran into a wolf, but that's expected when suddenly being that close to the wolf.

That only works if you are not "weak" am i right? If weak even with torch the wolves can and will attack you. 

1 hour ago, James Hickok said:

That only works if you are not "weak" am i right? If weak even with torch the wolves can and will attack you. 

True, with normal wolves you can't just walk into them with a lit torch if you're encumbered or have any afflictions, but you can still drop the torch and aim something to scare them.  And as @turtle777 has shown, the new wolves have a chance of ignoring the torch completely, regardless of condition.

• 3 weeks later...