Concerning Perseverance Mills

Enigmaecho

I know this is unlikely to see an answer however you miss all the shots you dont take so, @Admin could you satisfy the curiosity and hopefully set my mind at ease by telling us if now that wintermute and survival have become separate entities if Survival is still going to receive the Perseverance Mills region and any other regions or transitions that might be added with episode 5? 

• Upvote 2

I think it's safe to assume every Story map will be added in some fashion to Survival, because why not? If Blackrock is any indication, they build the map for Story mode (which is going to be 90% of the work), then modify the map slightly to add a way into or out of in Survival. It's all open ended so there's no need to worry about restricting the player from going someplace that might get them out of bounds/away from the story. Heck of a lot more feasible than trying to take a Survival map and add it to Story mode.

35 minutes ago, ajb1978 said:

I think it's safe to assume every Story map will be added in some fashion to Survival, because why not? If Blackrock is any indication, they build the map for Story mode (which is going to be 90% of the work), then modify the map slightly to add a way into or out of in Survival. It's all open ended so there's no need to worry about restricting the player from going someplace that might get them out of bounds/away from the story. Heck of a lot more feasible than trying to take a Survival map and add it to Story mode.

Generally I would agree without question however “it’s a whole new ball game” after tales when they fully split the development of survival and story and the initial cause for concern is that there will not be an effort to transition even the new equipment into story which is fine and whatever they’re just item perks and new foods but now I worry the same sentiment will carry to story and the logic that “well this is the end of story and not survival and we already added three new with tales so we aren’t going to task a team to format perseverance to survival” because it’s not just a few tweaks they usually involve adding one or multiple transition regions and/or caves. We know PM is going to need to be massive or have multiple regions within the episode just by the knowledge of how much needs to be wrapped up and explained with ep5  so I would say it’s not a totally invalid concern, I have faith hinterland wouldn’t do that to us but I’d rather not have subtly anxiety for the next 11 month’s waiting for it to be confirmed when 5 drops