Question for all of you

I set myself certain rules for each run,  or mini challenges like kill as many moose as possible ..  I've also started changing the settings to make it a bit harder.,worse weather, more blizzards,less fear etc.. custom offers a lot of ways to play..

Which difficulty do you play?

Edited by Leeanda
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Leeanda said:

I set myself certain rules for each run,  or mini challenges like kill as many moose as possible ..  I've also started changing the settings to make it a bit harder.,worse weather, more blizzards,less fear etc.. custom offers a lot of ways to play..

Which difficulty do you play?

I mainly play stalker but I just can’t find any interest in gaming anymore. I’ve noticed this in my other hobbies too but I want to play the game I just can’t bring myself to be interested in it for more than 5 minutes 

• Upvote 2

If it's a general thing not just tld then maybe you're a bit burnt out or down ..  I think we all feel like that sometimes..just no enthusiasm for anything..

If you want something to do in tld though, then how about a loper with attitude run?  Hardest possible settings and just go nuts..no weapons ,no good clothes,see how far you get?  

Edited by Leeanda

@Moosemaster
I always make each run a sort of personal challenge.  I like to chronicle them here as well.  This keeps the game fresh for me because I'm always pushing the boundaries of what I think I can do... and sometimes even what the game is capable of.
It keeps the struggle alive... and serves to sharpen my skills playing the game.  Both I find satisfying.

I suppose I'm also one those people who thrive in a sandbox style situation... where "make your own story/make your own fun" is actually very enjoyable for me.

I mean, if you're just bored with it... then perhaps these things won't be of interest. 

:coffee::fire::coffee:
On another note... it may be worth consideration.  How are you feeling overall?  I don't mean for you to answer that (please don't, as I'm not here to pry)... just perhaps something to think about.  Loss of interest in things one used to find enjoyable, or a general sense of malaise/ennui can sometimes be a symptom of depression.  I'm not saying that's the case... I'm just saying that if perhaps you're in a funk of some kind perhaps that's where some of the drop off in interest could maybe be coming into play.

In either case, I hope you find something to rekindle your spark (as you put it).

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, ManicManiac said:

@Moosemaster

On another note... it may be worth consideration.  How are you feeling overall?  I don't mean for you to answer that (please don't, as I'm not here to pry)... just perhaps something to think about it.  Loss of interest in things one used to find enjoyable, or a general sense of malaise/ennui can sometimes be a symptom of depression.  I'm not saying that's the case... I'm just saying that if perhaps you're in a funk of some kind perhaps that's where drop off in interest could be part of.

That’s the problem, I’m not feeling overall. It’s been about a month since I’ve really felt anything besides numb. I haven’t done anything except wake up go to work come home and lay in bed every day and I’ve been having issues sleeping, I have insomnia so I usually end up staying awake until 2 am before I finally fall asleep and when I can get good sleep I still just always tired.

Edited by Moosemaster
  • Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, ManicManiac said:

@Moosemaster
For what it's worth... there's options out there if folks feel the need.
Example:  Betterhelp.com

:coffee::fire::coffee:
Please don't take offense, I know it can be a sensitive subject.
I'm sure most of the folks in the community would only wish you well; and that you find your spark again.  :) 

Looks like I went to far and the mask finally slipped huh

• Upvote 2
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Moosemaster said:

Looks like I went to far and the mask finally slipped huh

I'm sorry you're feeling down,  I know it's difficult but there are as @ManicManiac said people who can help...  And talking to someone can really help..

Hinterland also has a contact number and details too if you're struggling.i can't post links or I would.. 

I hope you can get the help you need,and start to feel better again soon.  

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Moosemaster said:

Maybe I am just down because it’s been about a month since I’ve done any of my hobbies I used to love and they still don’t feel fun. I’m gonna try and get something done today and if something interesting happens I’ll update you guys

So update. I tried and I failed. I never ended up getting to it sadly. thanks for the support though ❤️

Edited by Moosemaster
  • Upvote 2
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, conanjaguar said:

@Moosemaster

I hope things get better for you soon, mate.

Just know that, even if we are just faceless individuals on the internet, we still care about you :). That’s why it’s called a community!

Yup this. For anyone reading this who could use a chat with a friendly stranger, just let us know.

• Upvote 2

Hi @Moosemaster,  we're glad to have you here in our community and playing The Long Dark. Please, don’t hesitate to reach out to us if we can help in any way, even if it's just to talk.

For more information and counseling, we highly encourage you to visit https://www.opencounseling.com/suicide-hotlines  

That goes for everyone who might be having a tough time right now. 

We appreciate all of you, and want to thank you for contributing to the forums and remind you that taking care of yourself is as important as taking care of others.

• Upvote 5