Screenshot for Screenshot Saturday

Are you guys on phones or using your computer monitors?  The foggy shots of the broken structures look just like they did in game for me.   The wolf shot is cropped to get a closer view, but otherwise unaltered.   

When my guy is fully rested, I usually head outside to see what's what and keep the cabin fever off.   It's cool when visual range is low and you can hear things you can't see.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Screenshot Pilgrim said:

Are you guys on phones or using your computer monitors?  The foggy shots of the broken structures look just like they did in game for me.   The wolf shot is cropped to get a closer view, but otherwise unaltered.   

When my guy is fully rested, I usually head outside to see what's what and keep the cabin fever off.   It's cool when visual range is low and you can hear things you can't see.  

lol, i just scrolled back and look at your original post and turns out I could make things out pretty well much to my chagrin.  however, I do like the lighting effect in the update version.  the pics definitely give off more of an abandoned/ruined/forgotten post apocalyptic vibe.  Still think that wolf is kinda smiling at ya!

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Screenshot Pilgrim said:

I’m on a computer. I always use photoshop to bring up my screenshots. What you can see just fine when playing can lose a lot in a still photo.

3 hours ago, piddy3825 said:

Still think that wolf is kinda smiling at ya!

Since I first killed the other two timberwolves at the Cannery, the pack has not respawned in months. The remaining wolf is always terrified of me. I have started to leave rabbit meat for her.

4 hours ago, dahemac said:

What you can see just fine when playing can lose a lot in a still photo.

I’ll have to disagree on that point, at least on my end.  I’ve taken hundreds and haven’t  experienced any diminished detail from game to screenshot.   A dark foggy night in game is a dark foggy shot.  Details are low in both, but not less in the screenshot.   Perhaps on the kb / mb level there is a difference, but I’ve never felt let down by it.

2 hours ago, Screenshot Pilgrim said:

I’ll have to disagree on that point, at least on my end.  I’ve taken hundreds and haven’t  experienced any diminished detail from game to screenshot.   A dark foggy night in game is a dark foggy shot.  Details are low in both, but not less in the screenshot.   Perhaps on the kb / mb level there is a difference, but I’ve never felt let down by it.

I play on Xbox. The screen capture definitely loses something. It will look fine in game, the screen capture will capture it decently enough. But getting it from Xbox to this forum, the details get lost. colors get less vibrant ... kind of sad. 

10 minutes ago, SirSharper said:

I play on Xbox. The screen capture definitely loses something

That’s a bummer. I’m on Steam. On my old pc, I played on low res game settings and could get away with f12 screenshots that were only kilobytes in size, but still looked just like in game.  Now I’m using f10 which gives higher res shots (usually around 10mb)

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Screenshot Pilgrim said:

The dynamics of play, the ability to move the camera and look around make it easier to “see” in the same conditions. I am not suggesting that the individual frame is different, but that the context for understanding what you are looking at is.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, piddy3825 said:

Will she ever fly again?

I was just a few hundred meters from there last night. I should go check if there is any new loot. Mountain Town sure has changed since the last time I was there.

3 minutes ago, dahemac said:

I was just a few hundred meters from there last night. I should go check if there is any new loot. Mountain Town sure has changed since the last time I was there.

no syrup... alas

but i did break open a crate and got new cargo pants.  was a suitcase too, with new army jacket.  instant clothing upgrade! yay!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, piddy3825 said:

no syrup... alas

but i did break open a crate and got new cargo pants.  was a suitcase too, with new army jacket.  instant clothing upgrade! yay!

OMG! I had no idea that there was gear inside crates. 🤪

2 hours ago, SirSharper said:

Codename: FlarePistol

IMG_fd34272d-97fd-4913-9646-8609858bf57d.png.5e80a42db7c1de7ed34ae761ed2c37f8.png

DP : Top of Lighthouse : Aurora Overhead

IMG_14ec8bf6-2e74-4dc6-96eb-e984c400ea47.png.722c13e635fcefdb841834832aa35089.png

Ahh... the ole smoking gun!  Put me down for two!

This "lighthouse" pic is amazing!  love it!  - please explain how you achieved this visual delight!

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, piddy3825 said:

This "lighthouse" pic is amazing!  love it!  - please explain how you achieved this visual delight!

Desolation Point, top of lighthouse, during an aurora. standing outside of the window (on the "balcony"?) of the lighthouse, looking up at the inside of the roof (where the light shines). 

I never realized how BRIGHT it gets up there during an aurora. 

• Upvote 1