Question about Recipe Cards

Hi.  Are recipes cards guaranteed to spawn (i.e. is it a bug when they don't)?  The reason I'm asking is I've done two short runs in Ash Canyon only in the last few days.  My first run, I discovered the recipe card for Ranger Stew in Foreman's Retreat, but in the second run, I absolutely could not find it despite 3 thorough searches of Foreman's Retreat on 3 different trips there.

11 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

If it's between the tilted chair and cardboard box under the table then it's near invisible to see.. have you checked using the hitmarker ?  But it should be in there somewhere...  

I'm pretty sure I've run my cursor over every inch just to check for a hitbox, but it's worth a try again when I'm next up there (still need to find a rifle to take a run at the bear, so I should be making another trip).  I'm running out of possible locations to find the rifle as well - just have to check the High Meadow one.  I am wondering whether this particular run is bugged as far as items not spawning goes (but I don't want to give up on it prematurely).

2 minutes ago, UpUpAway95 said:

I'm pretty sure I've run my cursor over every inch just to check for a hitbox, but it's worth a try again when I'm next up there (still need to find a rifle to take a run at the bear, so I should be making another trip).  I'm running out of possible locations to find the rifle as well - just have to check the High Meadow one.  I am wondering whether this particular run is bugged as far as items not spawning goes (but I don't want to give up on it prematurely).

I know the curators rifle isn't spawning for a few people, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's bugged.. there's been a few new issues since the last fix.,mainly on custom still. But I hope you find the recipe and a rifle.

8 hours ago, Leeanda said:

I know the curators rifle isn't spawning for a few people, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's bugged.. there's been a few new issues since the last fix.,mainly on custom still. But I hope you find the recipe and a rifle.

Boy, what a finicky hit box, but yes, the recipe was there (after I finally resorted to breaking down the chair).  I still can't confirm the Curator's Rifle (the high meadow location that I missed is my next stop after I get some sleep - both in game and IRL).

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, UpUpAway95 said:

Boy, what a finicky hit box, but yes, the recipe was there (after I finally resorted to breaking down the chair).  I still can't confirm the Curator's Rifle (the high meadow location that I missed is my next stop after I get some sleep - both in game and IRL).

Well I'm glad you found it at least..  quite a few of them are very difficult to see.. I mostly rely on the hit mark to find them..  I only know three possible places for the curators and not found it on two runs..   there does seem to be a  few things that are invisible  lately, like  gun cleaning kits and matches .

Well I hope you find it and get a good night's sleep.

11 hours ago, Leeanda said:

Well I'm glad you found it at least..  quite a few of them are very difficult to see.. I mostly rely on the hit mark to find them..  I only know three possible places for the curators and not found it on two runs..   there does seem to be a  few things that are invisible  lately, like  gun cleaning kits and matches .

Well I hope you find it and get a good night's sleep.

Found it - always the last place you look, right? 😀

3 hours ago, Leeanda said:

Very true😁.   

I'm just glad the run isn't bugged, although I think they should perhaps rethink that recipe card spawn.  I didn't actually ever see a recipe card.  The only clue was that finicky hit box.  I suspect the card itself may have spawned under the floorboards.

4 minutes ago, UpUpAway95 said:

I'm just glad the run isn't bugged, although I think they should perhaps rethink that recipe card spawn.  I didn't actually ever see a recipe card.  The only clue was that finicky hit box.  I suspect the card itself may have spawned under the floorboards.

I had the same problem with lily's pancakes recipes under the kitchen table.. if I hadn't used the hitmark I wouldn't have got it..   once you know where they can be though it makes it easier but it's not ideal.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AdamvR said:

what is the "hitmarker"? is this about moving the focus slowly around an area until it shows there is something to interact with, or something more specific?

The little white dot ,yes.. sorry . I know it's called a few things but that's just what I call it..  

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, AdamvR said:

thank you! I have not yet met this expression, but according to google I'm probably too old:)

I think most say hitbox, and I used to call it the white dot lol..    

If you're going by gaming slang and technical jargon then anyone over 30 is probably too old these days..  I'm well past that lol😁

But what does Google know anyway😊

• Upvote 2

@AdamvR

Hitbox typically refers to the "area" in which interaction with an object is enabled.  For example, say you're trying to pick up a box of matches.  If you hover the "white dot/pointer" too far away from the object, you are outside the hitbox and cannot interact with it.  Once you cross into that hitbox "boundary", you can interact with the object.

Edited by hozz1235
  • Upvote 1

Or the pointer…. 1990’s

I’ve had to restart for the curators rifle twice now.  And I’ve had some items fall through the floor when dropping them.  Ptarmigan’s halfway in the snow in an overlap. Some rock transitions show the matrix under them then become like a ledge when it should be smooth.  
honestly quite a few bugs but I’m guilty of not submitting tickets diligently….

I have since restarted in Ash Canyon and I’ve found the rifle, and a well hidden recipe card (but visible) as well as a bunker with Prepper’s Pie… hopefully this one works out better.  My last run the curators WOULD NOT SPAWN.  Triple checked all locations.  

• Like 1