Fat bear!?!?!?

DIA

image.png.a59fe61b407e6a26d215427793975599.png

Look at the picture above, how much does the bear look like? I think 40 kilograms! But when you cut it up you may find that you can only harvest 25 kilograms of meat! The bear texture is too thick for real bear nature! I would like: A) the bear to contain 40 kilograms of meat, B) the texture of the bear should be thin!

• Upvote 1

Baribal differs from the brown bear in having smooth black fur and smaller size. An adult male reaches a length of 1.4-2 m, the largest baribal was shot in Wisconsin in 1885 - he weighed 363 kg. 363÷2=181.5 Somewhere around 181 kilograms.

Source Wikipedia

I think the design is meant to establish a more intimidating appearance in terms of size and behavior's. There are some black bears that aren't as big in real life. But it is a video game, anything smaller would make it look less threatening. It would be cool to see a variant similar to the female deer, like a grizzly brown bear that offers more meat compared to a black bear.

On 10/5/2023 at 6:27 PM, Cyclone35 said:

I think the design is meant to establish a more intimidating appearance in terms of size and behavior's. There are some black bears that aren't as big in real life. But it is a video game, anything smaller would make it look less threatening. It would be cool to see a variant similar to the female deer, like a grizzly brown bear that offers more meat compared to a black bear.

Yeah, a bigger stronger bear would likely maul me better, and we do not need that. The game bears already derive 25% of their calories from eating Tiffburgers.

• Like 1

On 9/29/2023 at 4:57 AM, Abenico said:

138kg, but not realistic to have bears roaming around during the winter, but after Fall they should have more then 125kg as they would have more fat reserves for hybernation period. 40kg xaxax even some dog breeds have as much. My dog has 21 and will attach photo of her 

20220925_164447.jpg

On 9/29/2023 at 5:17 AM, DIA said:

so pretty

On 9/29/2023 at 6:28 AM, Leeanda said:

Cute dog🙂 

You have to take other things into account with the bear.. we don't eat the head bones or legs,plus the fur is heavy .

Awesome dog! Though I can see in not the first to mention it...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Y'all got me curious, so I did some math

A persons basal metabolic rate (the calories needed to stay healthy) is near 2'000

A person on a winter backpacking trip needs 3'500 to 5'000 calories a day, plus 1'000 if you're sleeping outside, maxing at 6'000 calories a day.

A kilogram of meat generally has 1'400 calories, meaning a person needs 1.4 - 4.3 kg of meat a day.

There's a lot of variables (the time of year, the gender, the region, etc) plus excluding things like rabbit starvation, heres some math (btw an animals meat weighs about 1/4 it's total weight: I have 15.8 kg of meat!)

Rabbit: 1 kg = 1'400 calories (3/4 - 1/3 of a day)

Deer: 26 kg = 36'400 calories (18 - 6 days)

Wolf: 9 kg = 12'600 calories (6 - 2 days) (hard to find info on;  people don't really eat wolves) 😐

Black Bear: 54 kg = 75'600 calories (38 - 12 days)

Moose: 227 kg = 317'800 calories (159 - 53 days)  (That's a lot!) 😂

Interesting, no?

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1