Lost in PV

conanjaguar

So I’ve been wandering around in PV for the last 4 days, trying to find the way to get to TWM… I’ve literally gone in a complete circle around the region and haven’t found it, and am currently at Thompson’s Crossing.

I’m stumped o.O.

Directions would be greatly appreciated, spoilers or no spoilers ;).

Have you tried looking at the map on the wiki? It's rotated 90 degrees, but once you know the landmarks it's pretty easy.
https://thelongdark.fandom.com/wiki/Pleasant_Valley

My usual route to TWM from PV is to go up the plane crash, then between the two ends of the plane there is a path roughly NE, that goes downhill to a sort of valley. Turn right and head east-ish along the valley. You'll come to a hunters blind. Keep going the same direction until you see a tree with some lichen and veer left (keep an eye and ear out for wolves). You'll shortly come to another tree with lichen and turn left up the hill. There's a dilapidated house with an outhouse behind it. If you're facing uphill, then there is a rope climb to the right (east-ish) of the house that will take you to the path to TWM. Behind the house is a fallen tree and behind that is the abandoned prepper bunker, which has a bed if you need a spot to rest before climbing.  

Alternatively you can follow the road over the bridge, from Thompson's  keep following it until you get to a small wooden bridge.  To avoid more wolves, don't go over the bridge but go down to the ice on the right hand side and follow the river to the right,until you get to the picnic spot and waterfall..

From the picnic spot you just go up the hill ,staying as far right as possible and just go round the corner,staying as right as you can get. There you'll find the ruined cabin,climb and prepper cache(abandoned ).

14 hours ago, conanjaguar said:

So I’ve been wandering around in PV for the last 4 days, trying to find the way to get to TWM… I’ve literally gone in a complete circle around the region and haven’t found it, and am currently at Thompson’s Crossing.

I’m stumped o.O.

Directions would be greatly appreciated, spoilers or no spoilers ;).

<shocked> You haven't been to TWM yet?

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, conanjaguar said:

I went to Deer Clearing, which is supposed  to have the last rope up to the Summit, and nada.

It's not in Deer Clearing, but a little beyond it. That turn is extremely easy to miss. If you've seen the bear up there go where he comes from. Or walk along the edge that has the caves. And then look for a fallen tree (the game often uses those to mark things). That's where you turn left and then kind of follow the left edge.

It's also not the last rope, but the rest is straight forward.

Edited by Serenity
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, conanjaguar said:

Didn’t want to create a new thread, but I’m kinda lost again :D. I went to Deer Clearing, which is supposed  to have the last rope up to the Summit, and nada.

I still need to use the wiki map sometimes to find the way up to the summit in TWM if it has been a while. Even then, I found it difficult to find the first couple of times even with the map. I usually go to Deer Clearing, make the side trip to Ash Canyon via the cave to go and get the Technical Backpack (to carry all the summit loot), then come back to TWM and go to the summit. 

If you're standing at the cave in Deer Clearing, looking towards the cargo containers, then you want to turn right and go up that hill. Then you kinda hug the left and turn left where there are some fallen trees. There's usually a some rose hips and deer carcass near where you head down a slope that takes you to the bottom of the rope climb. If on the way from Deer Clearing you come to a rabbit grove (and often a wolf), you've missed the turn, but if you keep hugging the left you can circle around to the right spot. If you come to the bear cave you've gone too far. The rope climb will take you to Secluded Shelf and a cave. The cave system will pop you out on another plateau over on the western side. Hug the right and that will take you around to another rope climb up the actual summit. 

• Upvote 1

On 7/22/2023 at 5:51 PM, conanjaguar said:

Didn’t want to create a new thread, but I’m kinda lost again :D. I went to Deer Clearing, which is supposed  to have the last rope up to the Summit, and nada.

Others have given some good directions.  Mine?  Keep going uphill and stay left ;)

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

And now way back. If you are overencumbered, it can be funny or really funny. I do remember my first visit there too. I gathered everything and thought. Hmm ropes down are annoying. My first way down cost me some sprains, clothes damage and some health. But I made it. In fact I dont recall going down via ropes at all.

• Upvote 1