Vegetables seem a bit unrealistic..

I'm enjoying the new recipes however having fresh vegetables sitting on tables waiting to be found doesn't seem that believable to me in a game world where it seems months or even years have passed since many of the buildings were occupied. 

Any fresh food would have rotted away weeks or months ago.. many of the interiors are not below freezing.

Seeing as most other things are 'believable' within the parameters of the game world design, its a bit jarring to have vegetables an outlier.

A way to solve would be having vegetable storage bins buried in the earth near buildings.  Under earth the vegetables would freeze and be preserved.

It would be something else to search for as well.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, wildwanderer said:

I'm enjoying the new recipes however having fresh vegetables sitting on tables waiting to be found doesn't seem that believable to me in a game world where it seems months or even years have passed since many of the buildings were occupied. 

Any fresh food would have rotted away weeks or months ago.. many of the interiors are not below freezing.

Seeing as most other things are 'believable' within the parameters of the game world design, its a bit jarring to have vegetables an outlier.

A way to solve would be having vegetable storage bins buried in the earth near buildings.  Under earth the vegetables would freeze and be preserved.

It would be something else to search for as well.

GMO ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PilgrimReaper said:

I don't know about you, but my survivor hasn't taken a leak, or showered, or washed his clothes, for 200 days at this point. 😅

Haha.  Just a sidebar here - I can tell you one neat thing about Project Zomboid is that you can outfit your base with a working washer and dryer.  I think there's a mod that addresses "going to the powder room".

• Like 1

It's been discussed many times before, so I'll just refer to one of those conversations:

On 6/27/2023 at 9:55 AM, ManicManiac said:

I mean a prybar doesn't really break after roughly 62 uses, and whetstones don't really wear out after 20 uses... but it's a video game and it has to be unrealistic if it's going to require us to have to carefully consider if the cost of using limited resources is worth what we are trying to do with it.
To my mind this is a good thing.   It requires us to have to be more careful and deliberate how we manage and use our resources. 

None of the condition decay is "realistic" but it doesn't need to be... if this game were trying to perfectly line up with reality; then it would be boring and mundane as heck.  I mean, a one day in-game is only 2 hours in real time... I'd hate for the day/night cycle to be in real-time.  :D 

It always bothers me when folks get hung up on the idea that this game is trying to be "hyper-realsitic."  It's not, and Raph has said as much many many times.  :D 

Regardless of which way you look at it, item abundancy or scarcity is always going to be artificial... because it's a video game.  :D

:coffee::fire::coffee:

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 1

On 7/14/2023 at 2:55 AM, PilgrimReaper said:

I'm always surprised by remarks such as "X is unrealistic". I don't know about you, but my survivor hasn't taken a leak, or showered, or washed his clothes, for 200 days at this point. 😅

No wonder your 'smell detection range' is so small - you have become one with nature ;)

Oh and try not taking a bowel movement for 200 days - no constipation here!

Edited by hozz1235
  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1