What's Glimmer Fog anyway?

Hello fellow Explorers

I was thinking about Glimmer Fog. Is that stuff real? In some posts around here and elsewhereĀ  it was declared to be somewhat gimmicky and yes, it kinda felt like magic at first, uhm, glimmer.Ā šŸ™ƒĀ But this is TLD, it never went to far with gamey magic, right?

So I thought about it and remembered that there is a phenomenon called St Elmo's fire. And I'd like to share my findings (from WikipediaĀ šŸ¤“ ). Since I feel that Glimmer Fog certainly feels at least inspired by it.

During a St. Elmos fire luminous plasma is created by a corona discharge. Some weird corona stuff is happening for sure in our little Great Bear World. As I understand it, this plasma requires some kind of spire, a ships prow or wings of air planes (which we ave quite a few in FA tbf) to form around. It's said to be a blue or violet glow around said spire, that often comes with buzzing sound. It's more like on steroids in TLD, since it's, well, everywhere, but besides that, the description kinda fits. What do you think?

Ā 

Ā 

• Upvote 3

Iā€™m thinking that Dr R. Was doing some kind of nefarious Nikola Tesla free energy experiments and whatever his ā€œdeviceā€ is killed everyone in the proximity leaving no way to turn it off and so now electrostatic/electromagnetic burst pulse off of it wreaking havoc across the island and amplified by the interference the aurora causesĀ 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

I have very little to back this up, but my personal belief is there's some extraterrestrial behemoth being kept dormant deep underground, and that the Canadian military has set up all these bunkers and such to keep an eye on it. Hoping it never wakes up, but...well... it's starting to.

"Sleep research centre" and all that.

I know it's a HUGE leap to go from "Astrid works at a sleep research centre" to "godzilla is napping" but hey shut up lol

• Upvote 2