Should crafting fish tackles give you XP?

Cyclone35

I know that crafting arrows for your bow gives you archery xp. So shouldn't crafting fishing equipment also give you fishing xp? The in-game skill tree showcases that through practice you get better at that activity. The more fires you start, the easier it becomes / the more animals you harvest, the more efficient it becomes. If we look at this in a more realistic scenario, a normal fishermen who crafts their own bait/tackle would understand the best way to catch fish. Your first attempt might not go too well, but with practice you get better at it. So logically making bait/tackles to help you catch more fish should count as experience. Just something to consider.

• Upvote 3

This is reminiscent of something I used to do in Skyrim, I would basically sit down and craft a bunch of daggers to simply max out the crafting skill. I think the concern here is that people might cheese this game mechanic to max out the fishing skill without actually fishing.

• Upvote 1

But crafting tackle didn't traditionally give fishing skill xp either... so I'm fine with lures not granting any skill xp.
It's a good question to pose to Hinterland for the sake of knowing for sure what they intended. 

:coffee::fire::coffee:

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 2