Do ptarmigans not spawn in custom mode?

8 minutes ago, past caring said:

@Leeanda - and what about acorns. I've posted about this elsewhere but no responses so far - I suspect it may be because there's limited people experiencing the issue, but i also think the lack of ptarmigans and inability to do anything with acorns might be linked.....

I haven't tried the acorns since the update. But I will this afternoon..   I'll let you know😊

8 hours ago, TwoFatCatz said:

So if this is the case they only spawn in new custom games?? 

Because like I said I don't even have the option of crafting the work bench bird items. 

I've found all the recipes except lily's pancakes and all the guns. Crafted all the fishing things and fished just fine. I just can't find those birds anywhere at all. 

There is something not right at all. 

No they spawn in both.

I am playing a Stalker run and a Custom run and have had our new feathered friends in both- they are just very hard to see.

@RossBondReturns so the custom game you found them in was an old save? 

I've found them in stalker and on voyager no problems. 

But that's my point! I can't find them on my custom old save. I know what I'm looking for and where abouts they can be. 

So my question is how many people are not able to locate them on an old existing custom save? Because I sure can't. 

Edited by TwoFatCatz
Spelling

@past caring so far I've been fine with Acorns, I do find the whole process quite long.

I don't want to be rude but are you doing all the right steps? I couldn't get me head around it at first 🤣

The only bugs I've had is the bird thing, fishing in a hut, climbing is way worse and every now and again only at TWM though Astrid decides to do a Mckenzie impression 😂

33 minutes ago, TwoFatCatz said:

But that's my point! I can't find them on my custom old save. I know what I'm looking for and where abouts they can be. 

So my question is how many people are not able to locate them on an old existing custom save? Because I sure can't. 

Nope new save. I started a New Custom and a New Stalker.

Both have had birds.

34 minutes ago, TwoFatCatz said:

Im on an older custom save with no birds.  

14 minutes ago, TwoFatCatz said:

@Leeanda hi its Lithar - The long dark.

Check out his latest video and look for my comment and his reply. I have a different name on YouTube though 😊

Ah thanks.. I've checked his recipe one out .    My device won't let me see comments and things like that.. it's a bit old and rubbish😊

2 minutes ago, TwoFatCatz said:

@Leeanda basically he wrote to me that custom sandbox is bugged he has one such custom sandbox and he has zero of them.

This is all the confirmation I needed. 

He hopes they will be hotfoxed soon. 

Oh I see thanks..    I'll watch it anyway ,when I get time.🙂

13 hours ago, TwoFatCatz said:

I don't want to be rude but are you doing all the right steps? I couldn't get me head around it at first 🤣

Not rude at all - I make it my mission to discover new and untried ways of being an idiot.

Sorted it out now - with all the new recipes etc. the basic grinding of acorns is well down the list and well hidden. FFS @ self. 🤣

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, TwoFatCatz said:

@Leeanda hi its Lithar - The long dark.

Check out his latest video and look for my comment and his reply. I have a different name on YouTube though 😊

I'm presuming you mean a stream?    I looked  and found so many videos over the last few days.   I've yet to find a livestream one.😁

@TwoFatCatz@Leeanda@RossBondReturns - when I posted previously, I had no ptarmigans on an existing custom. Given the information on this and the other thread, I've subsequently started 3 new custom runs - no ptarmigans in any of them. As I'm no techie/am a bit of a dafty, I thought I'd ask - is it possible that whether they appear could be affected by your choice of custom settings? I know there's no actual option for ptarmigans in custom, but does that fact alone rule out the possibility that it's the particular settings I am choosing is messing things up?

1 minute ago, past caring said:

@TwoFatCatz@Leeanda@RossBondReturns - when I posted previously, I had no ptarmigans on an existing custom. Given the information on this and the other thread, I've subsequently started 3 new custom runs - no ptarmigans in any of them. As I'm no techie/am a bit of a dafty, I thought I'd ask - is it possible that whether they appear could be affected by your choice of custom settings? I know there's no actual option for ptarmigans in custom, but does that fact alone rule out the possibility that it's the particular settings I am choosing is messing things up?

I wouldn't have thought so... There's so many variables in custom that the chances are probably remote that we've all changed similar settings.   

My run I've changed wind variability, twolf spawn to low, wolves to high, moose to medium, multiplier on X2, starting time of day and low starting gear. Turned fish,deer down  to high.  Sprains off ,wolf fear off, detection range close...  That's all I think ,  but I don't think mine resembles many if any others settings.

@past caring      I must admit I did wonder about it myself... And it's not daft at all by the way... 

I know there's a limit to the total amount of animals that can spawn in any game which is why I reduce some when I make others higher..  as I don't really fish or shoot deer I turn them down one or two when I raise wolves and moose.   So in theory I could still have the max amount of animal spawns  allowed.    

@Leeanda no it’s just a basic video, however like I said previous it’s in the comments section that he mentions it to me as I’m asking for help to try and double check that my custom isn’t spawning them. It a video that show him shoot one out of the sky, and there’s no death animation and then it’s just stuck their 10 meters up in the air 🤣

Any way it seems they have updated this issue on their main webpage of known issues @past caring, also glad you sorted the acorn issue 🤣

6 minutes ago, TwoFatCatz said:

@Leeanda no it’s just a basic video, however like I said previous it’s in the comments section that he mentions it to me as I’m asking for help to try and double check that my custom isn’t spawning them. It a video that show him shoot one out of the sky, and there’s no death animation and then it’s just stuck their 10 meters up in the air 🤣

Any way it seems they have updated this issue on their main webpage of known issues @past caring, also glad you sorted the acorn issue 🤣

Oh that one.... Yes I saw that😁.    I can't see/ make comments on this notepad ,it's a cheap old one..   

I know there's fixes on the way so hopefully not too long now😊

7 hours ago, past caring said:

To test this, you could start to create a custom game, set the "template" to Pilgrim, then change 1 thing that is in no way related to spawns/gear and see what happens.

@hozz1235 yeah this is totally worth investigating.

I think I’ll just wait it out for the fix

hinterland has updated this issue on their known issues page under support saying:

Ptarmigans will not spawn when playing in Custom Survival

Presentation: Players utilizing Custom difficulty settings will find that Ptarmigans will not spawn in their games, whether fresh saves or old.

Workaround: This issue has been addressed and is awaiting the next release to be pushed live

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TwoFatCatz said:

hinterland has updated this issue on their known issues page under support saying:

Ptarmigans will not spawn when playing in Custom Survival

Presentation: Players utilizing Custom difficulty settings will find that Ptarmigans will not spawn in their games, whether fresh saves or old.

Workaround: This issue has been addressed and is awaiting the next release to be pushed live

Nice.