The Flame Must Live!

LunarLime

2 minutes ago, LunarLime said:

Is anyone else having this strange bug where dead rabbits keep repeating their "dying sound" and having glitched out animations? I swear, the wolves in Milton have munched on like 5 rabbits, and every time they glitch out like that. So strange...

I'm likely going to take a short break from TLD until that get resolved. It's giving me a migraine. 

Yes it's happening with bears too.... Only a different sound... That rabbit noise is deafening though...  Every time I stepped out grey mothers door it'd hit me in the face....    It stops once you pick them up .

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Yes it's happening with bears too.... Only a different sound... That rabbit noise is deafening though...  Every time I stepped out grey mothers door it'd hit me in the face....    It stops once you pick them up .

Okay, I'm glad it's not the rabbit god punishing me for the sins of snapping the necks of countless rabbits.

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, LunarLime said:

Okay, I'm glad it's not the rabbit god punishing me for the sins of snapping the necks of countless rabbits.

Lol...  Can you imagine the noise if everything we'd killed started screeching like that....  

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Soooo, some bad news. There is no campfire in the cave leading to HRV, so I have to go with plan B. Unless I can find a campfire in one of the caves inside HRV.

Plan B is to move The One Fire back to the church for now, and fuel it up as much as possible so I can journey into HRV and go to all the possible spawn locations for the Woodwright's Bow, and head back before The One Fire dies out. 

screen_1aebd6fb-ae8a-4cc5-9d96-3db83a7c30c7_hi.thumb.png.e877f75e185fafe94b1b3e19d5a0b199.png

• Upvote 2

Fire has been moved back to the Church. Not closer by much, but every little bit helps. There is a fire barrel outside the trailers that is much closer, but that's outside, so too risky, don't want a blizzard to kill the run. With some coal from the cave, I managed to get the fire to 12 hours, should be plenty of time to check at least a few spots.

It was a little before noon by the time I entered HRV. I checked two spots, no bow. The third spot is when I found it. It was getting close to dawn, so I went wormed my way through the ice caves to get back to Milton.

screen_4f2903a9-2812-4d35-96ee-e810d7bc3111_hi.thumb.png.2a789dbd130fb01513e65e26dc6f4d77.png

• Upvote 2

Day 6

Another checklist on what's been happening.

• Fire still alive
  • Back at Grey Mother's house
  • Fur & guts are still curing
  • All houses have been searched
  • Gas station has been unlocked and searched
  • Been training archery on rabbits with firebrand arrows and normal bow (Trying to conserve the unique bow)

I'm sticking in Milton until the furs are cured, so I can make mittens and wolf coat. Unless something exciting or terrible happens, I won't have much to say until I get done with that. I'll be moving over to Mystery Lake soon after I'm done, because I really want to try the new fishing stuff.

Also, I recently found a mod that allows me to create the item variants. I'm on the fence about installing it so I can recreate the Woodwright's Bow, because I'm not a fan of how a unique items can just break with no way to get them back. On the other hand, it may be a bit too game change-y for the challenge... I'll toss it in my head some more.

screen_1e7ca9cd-6aa2-45a3-a53d-81d7f84a1c76_hi.thumb.png.a66dd50a14647cc94af8d02e07c43a94.png

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Moved the fire over to the shed in PMF (Paradise Meadows Farm).

Going to start crafting the rabbit mittens soon, and I need the heat from the fire to keep me warm.

Plus, fires last longer in the cold outside. Hopefully the wind can't seep in and blow out the fire. 

screen_e9e53926-5f51-4eeb-9212-17c3aca4a2e5_hi.thumb.png.b08645d16342821a052f44bf354fa2da.png

• Upvote 1

I finished making both rabbit mittens, and wolf coat. I then tried to get to Mystery Lake, however before I got to Trapper's Cabin, my torch died...

So, what happened? Well, I moved the fire from GM's house, over to the cave with a campfire. The cave is in the unnamed area where the climbing ropes are.

I then used a new torch to carry the fire over to the cave leading to ML, but when I made it to the other side, the wind killed the flame. The fire also died back in the small cave, since I only lit it to last like 20 minutes (Huge mistake on my part). I left while it was foggy, so the weather must have just changed while I was traversing the ML cave. Sadly that concludes this attempt... The flame has died...

Attempt 1 Over - Lasted 12 Day, 7 Hours

screen_65d0ab5c-5175-4df6-a2a9-3aeee7a38d5e_hi.thumb.png.c28366ee0f08f90f3d40eb89832936ce.png

screen_1ae1cbf2-9d62-4027-8b0b-ab6d8c9b0cfb_hi.png

• Upvote 3