Wolf Still Alive

Ahatch

So I'm butchering the bear near Crystal Lake by the bear cave and along comes a wolf chasing a deer right by where I'm working so I do the easy thing while he is chomping on the deer I creep up behind him and kill him. There is so much bear meat so I left the deer and wolf just there. The next day I skip the task and go loot the cargo boxes by the wing then sleep in the Forest Cave. On the way back I hear this growling but don't see any wolf like a ghost. Freaked out I go to the bear cave and wait for it. But the wolf never appears then this....... 

1 minute ago, ManicManiac said:

That's about as unnerving as when they used to sometimes die standing up and "frozen" in a snarling taxidermy pose. 

:coffee::fire::coffee:

I still get that in bleak...  Wagging tailed twolves are  very creepy.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, ManicManiac said:

@Leeanda
I didn't realize it was still happening... but I suppose since I very rarely hunt, I have even fewer chances to see it that most. :D 

:coffee::fire::coffee:
For any readers curious what's being referred to:

Mine never squat like that...     He looks like he needs a doctor😅

• Upvote 2

Interesting.  The game forgot that the wolf was dead (probably a glitch in how the game tracks the status of mobs) and played the aggressive audio.  Then when the wolf was shot the game carried through on the death so the wolf finally got classified as being dead and couldn't growl anymore.  Just one more thing that can glitch out and be alarming.  

I remember (pre-December update and a long time ago) coming across the sound of wolf growling at me very near Crystal Lake.  I could roughly localize it but there was nothing visible.  I had thought the wolf had gotten stuck under the snow as when I returned the next day it (the sound) was no longer there.  

• Upvote 2