Tiny Recycled Cans

Smellyfries

I accidentally discovered a bug when starting fires with a mag-lens in the Rim Grill just outside of the Pleasant Valley Farmhouse.

It's produced by placing a Recycled Can on top of the Rim Grill, picking it back up, and simply placing the can again. (Doesn't work if the grill is lit.) If you want the cans to be normal size again, simply go inside a building, and back out, they'll be normal size.

Thus, I present to you, tiny recycled cans!

image.thumb.png.72ae11277bf97aba06b79e054fa47178.pngimage.thumb.png.6f9197aaefe3abd77ea85f809ce38f57.png

They can get so small, that they fail to render in if you take a step away from them, and can't be picked up again if placed back on the rim grill!

I have no idea why this happens, I know this Rim Grill used to be a burn barrel a while ago. 

I'm not using my mods in my game if you're curious.

Well, that's it. I might test what else this can effect, maybe a cooking pot?

Anyway, just wanted to share this little bug that brought a smile to my day.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Admin said:

Thank you for posting. We'll investigate this issue. Can you confirm which platform you are playing on, and how long you have noticed this issue? Thank you in advance! 

I play the game using Steam on PC. As of right now, the Rim Grill behind the Pleasant Valley farmhouse is the only instance I've found of the bug. I will test other Rim-grills, fire barrels, and stoves as I come across them, and make a list of them here if the bug persists between them.

I'll also submit a bug report under the support page shortly after posting this.

Thank you for all the work you've done! Have a great day!

• Upvote 1

On 4/24/2023 at 4:48 PM, Smellyfries said:

I play the game using Steam on PC. As of right now, the Rim Grill behind the Pleasant Valley farmhouse is the only instance I've found of the bug. I will test other Rim-grills, fire barrels, and stoves as I come across them, and make a list of them here if the bug persists between them.

I'll also submit a bug report under the support page shortly after posting this.

Thank you for all the work you've done! Have a great day!

Thank you, and same to you!

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, ManicManiac said:

@Leeanda

I've never witnessed such thing.
All I ever came across remotely similar (as I'd mentioned elsewere) was birch bark the size of Hylian Sheilds in Ash Canyon.

:coffee::fire::coffee:
Agreed though... those are some of the most adorable recycled cans I think I've ever seen.

I think that's still around but sadly I didn't see any on my last visit to ash.  They'd make a cosy shelter😁

• Upvote 1

I've not been back to Ash Canyon myself for many months so I can't speak from recent experience, but another poster had recently highlighted them as still being an issue.  I suppose I'll be back in Ash Canyon, but I have a few more regions to recon with first.  🤭

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, ManicManiac said:

I've not been back to Ash Canyon myself for many months so I can't speak from recent experience, but another poster had recently highlighted them as still being an issue.  I suppose I'll be back in Ash Canyon, but I have a few more regions to recon with first.  🤭

Ah yes,I remember seeing that now you mention it..  I'll be interested to see your screenshots when you get there.🙂 

I wonder how many tiny cans you can fill with one giant piece of bark.🤔😁

• Upvote 2