Carter Hydro post TFTFT Part 2

Other than the first room in Carter, I'm finding that I now need a lantern or flare to explore Carter even at midday. This wasn't previously the case.

Now I've had this type of graphics glitch inside PVF with a previous update (well before TFTFT) but this kind of looks a bit different, like it's actually intended. I'm saying that partly because when it happened with PVF it didn't seem to persist over a number of in-game days. That is what is happening for me with Carter.

So, before I report as a bug - anyone else experiencing this? Is this how it's supposed to be?

• Upvote 1

It is not a bug, they changed the ilummination of the dam. Unnoticed anyways, but several changes have been made before without a patch note, like the new icons of meat.

Actually i like the change, mystery lake it's a trivial region and encouraging the players to carry a light source makes sense. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Admin said:

We did make some changes and improvements, though we are investigating additional reports of visual changes. If you come across anything that appears to be a bug, please don't hesitate to file a ticket via our Support Portal: http://hinterlandgames.com/support 

Well - to begin with can you clarify whether the changes mean it is WAD that we now need a lantern or torch to navigate the interior of Carter Hydro in broad daylight? That way we can understand whether it's worth reporting a bug or not.

16 hours ago, Serenity said:

It makes some sense. Much of the interior doesn't have any windows. Only the turbine hall and the lowest level where you come in from the outside.

If we're talking interior illumination - how about mines?  Should be 100% pitch black in there but it isn't...

• Upvote 1

On 4/4/2023 at 9:55 AM, Leeanda said:

What do you mean by  trivial location?

I mean easy and/or not challenging. For a example TWM isn't a trivial location.

Not sure if trivial have the same uses on english anyways, at least on spanish means easy.

24 minutes ago, Glacia said:

I mean easy and/or not challenging. For a example TWM isn't a trivial location.

Not sure if trivial have the same uses on english anyways, at least on spanish means easy.

Oh I see. Thanks. .   

It does have its moments in mystery lake, usually the very foggy ones.😁

Edited by Leeanda