I wish cabin fever was removed as a gameplay "feature"

elpresidente

Just now, Moosemaster said:

I mean I never said these were not bad ideas I never even commented on them, nor did I defend or attack cabin fever as a condition. Dunno why ur upset brother I just said the symptoms are realistic and have real world fixes. 

I'm not sure why you think I'm upset. I was curious what you thought of my ideas.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, ridankrad said:

I'm not sure why you think I'm upset. I was curious what you thought of my ideas.

With how toxic this community has been since the announcement of TFTFT half of the people who post things are being passive aggressive and I’d rather not start a fight.

Edited by Moosemaster
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Moosemaster said:

With how toxic this community has been since the announcement of TFTFT half of the people who post things like you are being passive aggressive and I’d rather not start a fight

I have no control over what other people do or say. But I don't think I said anything passive aggressive or hostile. As far as I'm concerned, we're discussing cabin fever and ways to (potentially) improve it and TLD overall.

2 minutes ago, ridankrad said:

I have no control over what other people do or say. But I don't think I said anything passive aggressive or hostile. As far as I'm concerned, we're discussing cabin fever and ways to (potentially) improve it and TLD overall.

🍻

3 minutes ago, diggity said:

Unless you have an outdoorsy type job, the vast majority of North Americans, from what I've read, spend the majority of their time indoors.

Just looked it up: "Americans spend 87% of their time indoors and an additional 6% in an enclosed vehicle (on average)."

People are perfectly content to stay indoors for vast periods of time without going buggy.  (Edit - doesn't mean they should....)

cabin fever is a mental disease that comes from extended periods of time withought interaction with others. An enclosed vehicle means you are moving in the world and most likely seeing something at at the least seeing the outdoors. Even just moving around near a window can help with cabin fever. And how much of that 87% is completely alone not doing work and just sitting there? It’s much more complicated then “if ur inside for a while u get cabin fever”

Edited by Moosemaster

Unless you have an outdoorsy type job, the vast majority of North Americans, from what I've read, spend the majority of their time indoors.

Just looked it up: "Americans spend 87% of their time indoors and an additional 6% in an enclosed vehicle (on average)."

People are perfectly content to stay indoors for vast periods of time without going buggy.

I was just trying to lighten the mood..  it's become somewhat saddening on here lately. 

I'm not taking the Mickey out of anyone except myself...   It sucks having agoraphobia.

Edited by Leeanda

That's fine, the mood doesn't always need lightening.  This is a game about an apocalypse right?  Presumably most of the world's population perished.

Well if we consider the time that this poroubly takes place along with what we know. At this point the island has already died but the outside world has had no effects whatsoever. Unless somehow the disease got off the island everyone else has no idea we exist. And until the release of episode 5 there really isn’t any evidence the rest of the world is effected

Edited by Moosemaster

1 minute ago, diggity said:

You chose an interesting game to play then, considering how stress inducing the outdoors is here...

Even weirder is that pv is my main base because it's so open. .   I love the solitude and peace  of the game . And the scenery is beautiful,unlike the views outside my Windows.    Heck it's an escape from reality in many ways ,not just for me I'm sure.  

I am aware how stressful it is out there in the real world which is why it saddens me when I see people insulting each other and bickering on here. It is after all just a game and in the grand scheme of things not important .  

I mean no offence to htl at all. I love the game and they've done an amazing job on it.  And to them it's their livelihood so important in that respect obviously. 

13 minutes ago, diggity said:

Don't be sad - I don't see any serious insults - just people being a little passionate about a game we enjoy - watch the sports guys yelling if you want to see real bickering 😆

Lol. 

I'm British so most of our fans sit quietly  through the matches...except football! 😁

1 hour ago, diggity said:

I've assumed that the Geomagnetic Storm was global in scope, rather than just a local event, kind of like in The Day After Tomorrow (Dennis Quaid).  So a new Ice Age has begun and the only escape might be refuge near the equator.  Also LTD fandom wiki says: "it is impossible to determine the exact scope of the First Flare; however it is implied that the entire world has been affected, leading to the collapse of civilization."

Good thing i live in Texas baby woho

• Upvote 1

Just now, diggity said:

Don't they sing thru the game? and weren't the footy lads just warned to stay away from Amsterdam because of excessive rowdiness...

I said except football.😁.    I don't keep up with the news ,it's rubbish.  But it wouldn't surprise me. 

You could hear a pin drop during the tennis .

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Moosemaster said:

my and my Irish arse watching this unfold in the corner having no idea what going on in Britain because I’ve lived in America for almost my whole life

Fuel prices through the roof. 

Can't find a decent prime minister for love or money and ..

It's spring so of course it's raining and freezing!😁

Edited by Leeanda

1 minute ago, Leeanda said:

Fuel prices through the roof. 

Can't find a decent prime minister for love or money and ..

It's spring so of course it's raining and freezing!😁

Feel that

can i offer you an egg in these trying times? 🥚

Edited by Moosemaster
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, elpresidente said:

I find it annoying because even though I am doing normal everyday activities, at some point the game decides that this is not nearly enough and I must be punished for doing what every sane person in a snowy freezing environment will do - stay inside a comfy home when they don't have a reason to be outside. So I spend one day making a coat and another day making bow and arrows and the game is like "OMG you are losing your mental state! Get out in this blizzard RIGHT NOW and enjoy the outdoors!" This is utterly ridiculous and makes no sense. It is VERY immersion breaking.

The game doesn't just suddenly decide... you make the choices over the previous 6 days of gameplay that lead to the risk visibly climbing to 100%... and you don't get cabin fever until that 100% is reached.  You have options like making that bear coat and your arrows at Forlorn Muskeg forge, or the outdoor workbench in Blackrock or Coastal Highway or craft them using short intervals and take breaks to gather sticks for that fire that would keep you warm or gathering stones to make that cache to store your meat or... lots of other things.  Of all the inflictions in the game, it is one of the easiest to avoid.

The OP says they are stuck in a car eating bear steaks... They aren't as stuck there as they think they are... nothing is stopping them from getting out of the car.  Why don't they hunt down a deer and cook up some venison at an outdoor fire?  If they are tired, they can still sleep in the car (recommend doing it in 1 to 2 hour increments to be sure they are staying warm enough, but if you're warm enough awake, you're warm enough asleep. 

As far as being completely unable to pass time... not true... start to break down something and then cancel it.  The harvesting time still passes and by cancelling just before you complete the task, you don't actually destroy whatever it is you're harvesting.  Too cheesy... well, then take whatever excess clothing you have in your base out to the car and start breaking it down or break down sticks to build up your supply of tinder.

Broken ribs, especially in zones like Ash Canyon, are far worse because, unless you have a stim, you're not able to climb a rope and it takes 5 days to heal them.

Edited by UpUpAway95