As The Dead Sleep

jubiboobie

BRUH. This challenge has me flipping tables! I’ve literally tried 9 times back to back, and have only succeeded in finding 1 grave site at the maintenance yard before being unable to get my health up. I’ve completed several other challenges, but I am clearly NOT ready! This challenge really does seem impossible.  Needless to say, I am only a noob to TLD but 100% obsessed!

how many times have you failed before successfully finishing this challenge?

Id ask for tips, but seems like it’s more skill and part luck to complete!

• Like 1

It took me about a dozen tries. And I've been playing the game for years! So yeah, it's super difficult. Since you can't recover your health, you need to be a bit obsessive about protecting yourself from cold damage. But remember, there are no long term needs, so you can be super wasteful with your resources! Burn coal like candy to stop and warm up, as often as you need to.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Damn that was freaking ROUGH:

image.thumb.png.26bb06f8d4d041d1c83ebe372e5b68e8.png

I've played on Voyager for YEARS, and only within the last few months started with Stalker. I checked my badges and happened to notice that this was the last badge that I could possibly get (not counting all of the ones where "you had to be there" in 2020 and such).

This was the hardest challenge in the game that I've ever had. Everything else I've ever done in the game? A cakewalk.

But then again, I never really played Interloper... so perhaps it was me jumping into the deep end when I was just used to playing in the kiddie pool? 😄

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Ansible said:

Damn that was freaking ROUGH:

image.thumb.png.26bb06f8d4d041d1c83ebe372e5b68e8.png

I've played on Voyager for YEARS, and only within the last few months started with Stalker. I checked my badges and happened to notice that this was the last badge that I could possibly get (not counting all of the ones where "you had to be there" in 2020 and such).

This was the hardest challenge in the game that I've ever had. Everything else I've ever done in the game? A cakewalk.

But then again, I never really played Interloper... so perhaps it was me jumping into the deep end when I was just used to playing in the kiddie pool? 😄

Congrats....  It's a tough challenge.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Congrats....  It's a tough challenge.

Yeah, it makes me NOT want to try Interloper, if that's what it's like all the time.

I think I'll just stick with my Stalker for now, TYVM!

9 minutes ago, Ansible said:

Yeah, it makes me NOT want to try Interloper, if that's what it's like all the time.

I think I'll just stick with my Stalker for now, TYVM!

I know what you mean,there might be wolves everywhere on stalker but it's better than loper ..

As the dead sleep is much harder than Interloper. The inability to regain health is a very hard limitation, that should keep You on edge always.
One upside is, that frostbite is not much to worry about. Because it deactivates the upper part of Your health meter...

And it took me several tries too, even after I played the game on interloper for quite a while and knew the maps.

Good luck! Once You have done it, You can and will be proud.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

It took me AT LEAST a dozen tries between the Switch and PC attempts.  
The biggest hurdle is maintaining body temp and getting out of break inlet.  
I 2nd the point to make good use of heated drinks and foods! 

• Upvote 1