"Aiming for the 15th" but still no word

Last month, Raph said the date they were aiming for a console release of TFTFT was March 15th, which is in five days but we haven't had a confirm or deny as of yet

Is this a good or a bad sign? We console folk have been very patient and would appreciate a little more clarity as to when we might expect to play it

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Cr41g said:

amen...

I'm not meaning to be rude or seem impatient but we've been waiting a long time for this and it's hard to feel like we're in limbo in the interim because there's no point getting into a save if it's all getting wiped once it drops

I love this game and the team behind it more than I can say and I realise a decent part of this delay is down to Microsoft and Sony's store policies

• Like 1

I've started about 7 new runs in the last month just for something to do.. I might know the route to ash mine blindfolded by now😁 not going to try it though.

I'm happy to wait though but I'm hoping it'll drop before next Friday.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Jendo said:

Last month, Raph said the date they were aiming for a console release of TFTFT was March 15th, which is in five days but we haven't had a confirm or deny as of yet

Is this a good or a bad sign? We console folk have been very patient and would appreciate a little more clarity as to when we might expect to play it

Thank you for your patience. We'll have more information early next week. 

• Upvote 1

If it's anything like the initial PC release of this dlc, just add a month or two to the date they give and you'll probably be pretty close to the actual release.  Also add a week or so to any date they say they'll give more information.  It's a great game, but they seem pretty terrible at date estimates and general communication.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Wellwater said:

If it's anything like the initial PC release of this dlc, just add a month or two to the date they give and you'll probably be pretty close to the actual release.  Also add a week or so to any date they say they'll give more information.  It's a great game, but they seem pretty terrible at date estimates and general communication.

The original release date for Xbox/ps was late January/early February and march for switch..   ok so it's not exactly correct but the intentions were good.   I'm still happy to wait , especially if it's because they're checking for bugs more thoroughly before release. 

1 hour ago, Wellwater said:

It's a great game, but they seem pretty terrible at date estimates and general communication.

Name ten indie game companies/developers that aren’t. I can wait.

The thing is, things happen. Schedules go awry. Microsoft and Sega might be wrapped in bureaucratic red tape. Unexpected  bugs can crop up.

Edited by conanjaguar
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, conanjaguar said:

The thing is, things happen. Schedules go awry. Microsoft and Sega might be wrapped in bureaucratic red tape. Unexpected  bugs can crop up.

Absolutely. And those things can result in delays and timescales slipping. Everyone understands that.

But those aren't things that prevent someone saying, "Sorry, we were aiming for X date, but Y has happened so that isn't going to be possible. It now looks like Z date, but until we've solved the problem with Y we're not in a position to promise even Z as a date." 

Takes 5 minutes.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Wellwater said:

From what I've seen, this forum gets ignored and neglected for the most part.  Apparently Twitter is the best source for Long Dark news, but I really don't ever want that app... especially under it's new ownership.

But I did a Google search for "long dark Twitter" and found this was posted yesterday...

Survivors, we have encountered unexpected issues with the console store setups for TALES. To avoid further delays, we are releasing Part One & Part Two on Xbox and PlayStation alongside Part Two on Steam and Epic Games Store on March 30th.

Admin posted that on  here last night...

Edited by Leeanda

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Amber1022 said:

Ok so it's now the 28th. Is there any update for part 1 for consoles? I don't want to see a teaser for part two cause when we're still not able to play part 1 it's very frustrating.

Parts one and two are out on ps and Xbox  on the 30th..so two days away.🙂 Or tomorrow depending on your time zone.

Edited by Leeanda