I recently have been dabbling with the ChatGPT Artificial Intelligence Chatbot. As an experiment, I asked it to speculate on things that will be in future updates to TFTFT. In this instance, I asked if about the travois and the cougar. I’ll let the AI speak for itself now:

As an AI language model, I cannot say for certain how the game developers will implement these elements in The Long Dark's Tales From The Far Territory DLC. However, I can provide some background information and speculate on possible implementations based on the references given.

A travois is a type of sled commonly used by indigenous people of North America for transporting goods or people. It consists of two long poles attached to a platform, with the front ends of the poles dragging on the ground and the back end attached to a dog or horse. It is possible that the travois will be added as a new item in the game that players can craft or find in the world, and use it to transport items or injured survivors.

As for the cougar, it is a large predatory cat found in many parts of North and South America. It is possible that the cougar will be added as a new wildlife species in the game, with its own unique behaviors and interactions with the player character. It could be a dangerous predator that players need to avoid or defend themselves against, or it could be a valuable source of food and resources if successfully hunted.

Ultimately, it is up to the game developers to decide how they want to implement these elements into the game, and players will have to wait and see how they are incorporated into the gameplay of The Long Dark's Tales From The Far Territory DLC.

• Upvote 1

Ultimately, it is up to the game developers to decide how they want to implement these elements into the game, and players will have to wait and see how they are incorporated into the gameplay of The Long Dark's Tales From The Far Territory DLC.

In other words, a complete non-answer from AI as usual. 

• Upvote 3

On 3/7/2023 at 11:24 PM, MarrowStone said:

Could mean horses are on their way. Also a travois for transporting an injured survivor in episode 4. 

We will tame the Cougar with Wolf meat and use it to pull the travois. Nice kitty. Pet pet. Have another wolf steak. :)

• Upvote 1