11.000 days on interloper - the longest runs in the world

Zaknafein

Those two long runs are very impressive.  I'd find it hard to believe normally but they guys have done such a good job recording their runs there is no doubt.

I have just been doing a 80 day straight Voyager in Ver 2.03 to check out a few things and I haven't yet managed to get a shot a a single moose.

It is also a very impressive bit of work by ZAK too.

One thing that I very much like about TLD is that there are some extremely competent people who play the game, some of whom share their expertise. I suspect that many of these are people are IT professionals, but there are people who have a serious systematic approach to the problems.  I often wonder what work they do outside of TLD. They would be great people to employ. Of course there are also attention-seekers to who post low quality messages.

Edited by peteloud

• 7 months later...

i am close to 13k days now :P and my DP routine shows how to really survive forever but finally the beach you just need this on day 20k or so :D. but i have to say the thing with the cloth i collected you should make this clear. i am not wearing cloth gear at all, the other one is still wearing cloth gear.. so my collectet cloth is to much... it sounds like i cheat the cloth...because other people think? XD

and finally with all these time skip kills the other dude in my opinion he exploit the amount of arrows, a rare ressource.... becuase with this every bear is one shot and you have the double amount of saplings and mapels.

just for fun because no one will reach this but the rarest item for comfort is finally the tool box... if all are gone you will lose the pots, good that i choose the canary repair all the time :)

Edited by Even Dark
  • Upvote 3

57 minutes ago, Even Dark said:

i am close to 13k days now :P and my DP routine shows how to really survive forever but finally the beach you just need this on day 20k or so :D. but i have to say the thing with the cloth i collected you should make this clear. i am not wearing cloth gear at all, the other one is still wearing cloth gear.. so my collectet cloth is to much... it sounds like i cheat the cloth...because other people think? XD

and finally with all these time skip kills the other dude in my opinion he exploit the amount of arrows, a rare ressource.... becuase with this every bear is one shot and you have the double amount of saplings and mapels.

just for fun because no one will reach this but the rarest item for comfort is finally the tool box... if all are gone you will lose the pots, good that i choose the canary repair all the time :)

I saw Your video quite some time ago an i was impressed. The amount of time put in this run is impressive and You did have to play it smart to not get in the routine and die from wolf attack along the way. 

All of my combined runs would give me about 5 k ingame days or so i think. 

In the end i think that the game became much easier since the TFTFT update - You dont have to ration the materials such as cloth and tool boxes anymore. The beach combing system is so strong now even after the silent nerf for interloper difficulty. Back then you had issues with cloth so you used only animal crafted items so you can repair it easy. You did state that in the end the tool box is the most problematic. In my opinion there is no item in the game that you will run off so in theory you can survive even 100 k days if you have time and luck. The beach combing will give you everything you need : Tool boxes, maple and birch (insane amounts), cloth and leather, scrap metal... all you need. 

With all the updates in place now i have recently stopped playing interloper difficulty simply because it became too easy. Nowdays i play Super Interoper bcoz it feels like i have to take care what im doing and watch my back  or maybe i just play this game too much and became too good :P 

Anyways - again impressive. 

• Upvote 2

ah ok you get tool boxes from the beach now in the last version? omg good that i play the old version :D i mean is see a little bit of the new version it looks all easier now so interloper is more like stalker now?

they reduce the spawn places on the beach in my version that i play, when look at the spawn places when i start the game the beach was full of loot. and now they make them insane :X ok then off course the tool box is no problem.

Edited by Even Dark
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Even Dark said:

ah ok you get tool boxes from the beach now in the last version? omg good that i play the old version :D i mean is see a little bit of the new version it looks all easier now so interloper is more like stalker now?

Yeah , tool boxes and bunch of other stuff and it washes out every single blizzard - not like it was up to 2 ingame weeks. On loper you have about 2 blizzards per 3 days in coastal highway and between every one of them the beach loot resets........ Sometime i dont have time to pick it all up and another blizzard hits making the loot respawn.     The amount of fish washed out is so insane that you dont need to fish anymore to refill lanter oil storage. Not to mention the cooking update which is cool but overpowered. 

I play on xbox so i cant play older builds :( 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Abenico said:

I watch most of your content ( I don't want to watch some stuff where I would get too much info on maps, want to explore on my own) and your channel is my favourite for sure 

ty yes i understand this, i do the same i just watch deadlikeme a bit before i start loper and learn the basics of the game and some climbings forging crafting. and for sure no one can and will watch my whole diary XD. but how i handle the traveling, and how travel with the weather not against it is maybe worth to watch :)

43 minutes ago, James Hickok said:

Yeah , tool boxes and bunch of other stuff and it washes out every single blizzard - not like it was up to 2 ingame weeks. On loper you have about 2 blizzards per 3 days in coastal highway and between every one of them the beach loot resets........ Sometime i dont have time to pick it all up and another blizzard hits making the loot respawn.     The amount of fish washed out is so insane that you dont need to fish anymore to refill lanter oil storage. Not to mention the cooking update which is cool but overpowered. 

I play on xbox so i cant play older builds :( 

but finally we know you dont need the beach at all maybe way after 20k days so it doesn't matter XD. i do this right now to see how is the endcontent in this game. the basic resources you can find are still enough to survive these 20k days. and 500 days this should be the main goal for pilgrim stalker loper.... the rest is hardcore and for people wich spend then just more time... but i still enjoy it. it is still a great game could be harder buth worth every money you spend for sure. i mean i buy me D4 on ps5 this was a waste of money XD

Edited by Even Dark
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Even Dark said:

hello :) yes i started after 8 month a little bear hunt j4f to see what happens and then another bear and then i go over the world hunt all bears and now..... great game XD

Nothing like a good hunt...  🙂. I shall get back to watching your videos now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Even Dark said:

but finally we know you dont need the beach at all maybe way after 20k days so it doesn't matter XD. i do this right now to see how is the endcontent in this game. the basic resources you can find are still enough to survive these 20k days. and 500 days this should be the main goal for pilgrim stalker loper.... the rest is hardcore and for people wich spend then just more time... but i still enjoy it. it is still a great game could be harder buth worth every money you spend for sure. i mean i buy me D4 on ps5 this was a waste of money XD

Yeah I remember you explain it and do some math in your video. You are correct. I love the game as well and like the long runs. Doesnt matter it became a bit easier still can kill you no problem if you slip. 

I have bought the early acces D4 as well for just over 100 bucks and this was such a waste of money. Its a shame. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, hozz1235 said:

No thanks.  Way too much sitting, passing time, sleeping, rinse, repeat.

but this is how pure surviving works if you like to stay alive 😜 hunt something and dont walk to much around sit there and wait for rescue.... and finally i did all the other stuff earlier, loot the whole world break all down, find out the moose respawn, do moose and deer hunt and and and....... this is now the final chapter of the game and i sit in DP now with my cycle to collect cloth and saplings. so pass time and then do a beach and deer hunt run.... boring play and some action.... best way to restock my storage ;) and the only way. after day 20k i continue.

i know not for every one stay alive that long, 500-1000 days is still great enough but someone will allways and has to do this :D

Edited by Even Dark
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, DaGnome91 said:

He wrote that he's not getting bored with playing more than 2k days, and I guess he wanted to establish a World Record like so many people do on other games.

I don't know if the WR was a personal goal or not, in any case that's what he did : establish a WR ^^

Gotcha, thanks.

1 hour ago, Mistral said:

Agree... and there's no challenge at all at that point

the question and the goal of the game is: how long can you survive. there you go this is my challenge. i give the answer can you live forever or get we rescued. Every player has more or less motivation and stamina to play that long. i love the game, i love my world setup that alone was a big challenge, thats it :P

Edited by Even Dark
  • Upvote 2