Esrb rating

Bearimpaler101

Is it just me or is it strange how the earn rating for this game is T (for teen/13+). but in  episode four the convicts are pretty trash mouthed. I know you can turn it off but wouldn't it still be considered "heavy language". Which would put it under mature. I've never seen a teen game rating with "heavy language" and never seen a M (mature/17+) without it on the rating. I know this is such a small thing but I just feel like the esrb have given up on properly rating games. Hello neighbor 2 is E10+ and although is has no violence or use of profanity the concept of children being kidnapped and held in cages is not very child friendly. This is a very small thing but I just had to point it out.

Personally, I don't much care how the ESRB or PEGI or whoever (this includes MPA/FCC and other censor/nanny groups) pretend to do what they do...
There's been far too much hypocrisy demonstrated over the years for me to take any "rating system" seriously in any way, shape, or form.

:coffee::fire::coffee:

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Bearimpaler101 said:

I looked on the ESRB website and it says teen which on the esrb website it says teen is 13 plus maybe it's just not updated there.

This is a disc which I only bought about 5 months ago...  It says the same on the box  of the one I bought 3+ years ago too.

I think different countries have a different rating system...  Kind of like the  legal marriage age . Which ironically is also 16 over here.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

They mean bad language...not that I can remember any except episode 4... Haven't played story mode for a while though.

A few things. One it was a joke. I understand perfectly well what they mean by "language". And 2 they use language in everything even survival just not such bad language.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Leeanda said:

I meant no offence... 

Can't say I've noticed much in survival?   I don't really listen to what they say any more ,it's a bit repetitive after the first year or so..  it'll be nice to hear new stuff once consoles get the update.

Sorry I didn't mean to sound offended I need to use emojis more often... Anyway yeah it's very refreshing hearing the new lines but some of them are strange to say the least.

@Bearimpaler101

Your grammar has certainly improved considerably.

53 minutes ago, Bearimpaler101 said:

I need to use emojis more often...

A few often help to convey the meaning, but not too many.

45 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Strange how?   

Strange as in “Looks like I’ve found someone’s stash” while pulling a single rose hip out of a trash can 🤣.

• Upvote 1

On 1/21/2023 at 4:20 PM, Bearimpaler101 said:

Is it just me or is it strange how the earn rating for this game is T (for teen/13+). but in  episode four the convicts are pretty trash mouthed. I know you can turn it off but wouldn't it still be considered "heavy language". Which would put it under mature. I've never seen a teen game rating with "heavy language" and never seen a M (mature/17+) without it on the rating. I know this is such a small thing but I just feel like the esrb have given up on properly rating games. Hello neighbor 2 is E10+ and although is has no violence or use of profanity the concept of children being kidnapped and held in cages is not very child friendly. This is a very small thing but I just had to point it out.

This is an awfully deep rabbit hole to go down my friend..... suffice it to say, things are not as they used to be 50 years ago.  Though true moral standards DO NOT change, people’s understanding of them/willingness to accept traditional standards DOES change.  In effect, what used to be considered Mature content- what used to be commonly understood as a “curse” word.... has “changed”. 

I WANT TO COMMEND YOU AND YOUR PARENTS!!!!  It’s refreshing to see that a “young person” still perceives the “discrepancy” 🙂👍

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Semple Fi said:

This is an awfully deep rabbit hole to go down my friend..... suffice it to say, things are not as they used to be 50 years ago.  Though true moral standards DO NOT change, people’s understanding of them/willingness to accept traditional standards DOES change.  In effect, what used to be considered Mature content- what used to be commonly understood as a “curse” word.... has “changed”. 

I WANT TO COMMEND YOU AND YOUR PARENTS!!!!  It’s refreshing to see that a “young person” still perceives the “discrepancy” 🙂👍

I'm pretty sure that's a compliment but yes why ruin my childhood by seeing horrible grotesck (I've never spelled the word before) images when I can play fun things without stuff like that.

ESRB/PEGI are the people that think gambling is perfectly fine for children of all ages so I wouldn't listen to anything they say. Also a lot of the time game companies cheat by releasing their game, get it rated, then force patch in a giant pile of garbage and the rating never changes.

16 minutes ago, odizzido said:

ESRB/PEGI are the people that think gambling is perfectly fine for children of all ages so I wouldn't listen to anything they say. Also a lot of the time game companies cheat by releasing their game, get it rated, then force patch in a giant pile of garbage and the rating never changes.

Aah.

On 1/22/2023 at 9:28 PM, Bearimpaler101 said:

I'm pretty sure that's a compliment but yes why ruin my childhood by seeing horrible grotesck (I've never spelled the word before) images when I can play fun things without stuff like that.

Yessir it’s a compliment.  
Grotesque

🙂

• Like 1

11 hours ago, conanjaguar said:

What happened here? Bloody legs, a knife, and pantless. It looks like a clear case of… um… erm… erm… never mind. There are youngsters here, including me.4B2D2CA2-FF12-4339-8215-CBE151EF8287.thumb.jpeg.cde1199d11146cc6090e860204d4543f.jpeg

This extends my point and from my point of view this is quite mature content but idk. I wish there was a rating between T and M like LT (late teens[15+]). I really just don't know hinterland. Btw Conan can I call you that? Where did you find this corpse?

• Upvote 2

It's a better explanation than other things I can think of..  I'm sure htl wouldn't intentionally try to bring in purely adult only content or innuendo.

Obviously there are other signs of this behaviour from animals,it wouldn't be the long dark without them but I see your point

It could just be a bug though?  There are some weird ones around..

Edited by Leeanda
  • Upvote 1