No Tools at Summit in Voyager

I've done 2 voyager TWM spawns just to make sure it was not a glitch.  The tool cargo container has been replaced with water and soda.  So we get double the amount of liquids but no hatchet, knife, or extra hacksaw.

This doesn't seem right in Voyager mode because i was not able to find a hatchet in several other significant places as well (the hut, chasm cave, fishing hut, the triple entrance cave).

Has anyone else experienced a lack of basic tools on the lower difficulties?

I'm having this but in a custom game with Interloper settings for loot plus rifle and revolver availability. In the whole Forsaken Airfield, Transfer Pass, Broken Railroad and Far Range Branch Line I found only two Prybars (both in Far Range, near the locked door, perhaps guaranteed spawns?). No hammer, hacksaw, can opener or guns.

In Stalker, however, I was swimming in loot in these three areas.

If the new loot tables made things more rare in all levels, I'm ok with that. Just think they need more balance.

Edited by fbr

I looted everything at the summit both times. There are no tools but the water and soda container has been duplicated. The only true update to the voyager summit loot is the replacement of some of the MREs with airline food. I think the missing tools is an error bcz its an exact duplicate of the other water and soda container. The summit should not have duplicated containers.  I put in a ticket but Im wondering if anyone else is having this problem on voyager or pilgrim.

The missing tool container is the same across all difficulty levels (except maybe Pilgrim)

It think it's very much intended.

Hinterland did say that tools would not be as plentiful and I think this is part of that.

I for one like the challenge.

Edited by RossBondReturns
Further clarifacation.
  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, RossBondReturns said:

The missing tool container is the same across all difficulty levels (except maybe Pilgrim)

It think it's very much intended.

Hinterland did say that tools would not be as plentiful and I think this is part of that.

I for one like the challenge.

Wow. I don't like that at all. I like playing voyager bcz its not a challenge. I guess I'll have to create custom runs from now on. 

Thanks for the info. I appreciate it.

I am currently playing on Voyageur and I just left the summit.  No "tools" but there were tool boxes and lanterns galore.  I got 3 quality tools and 8 storm lanterns.

I did get more soda/water than usual but there wasn't an exact duplicate. Everything else seemed to be there in quantity.

I did find a rifle, ammo, and 4 books to read(on target, 4 hour rifle, 25 hour rifle, small arms).

I have, however, found 5 hacksaws in TWM alone which is nice I guess.

Edited by wilsonaka

On 12/24/2022 at 10:21 AM, fearofspam said:

Wow. I don't like that at all. I like playing voyager bcz its not a challenge. I guess I'll have to create custom runs from now on. 

Thanks for the info. I appreciate it.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same on custom too.

All the tools are found in the world as a whole- rather than a strange supply of a ton of each tool in a shipping container on the summit.

It's not like we've found a hardware store...yet...on Great Bear.

Basically they are, I think, rightfully forcing us to find the tools within the world and be careful with the upkeep of them.

I've had two Pilgrim runs so far since the DLC and yes, the plane at the Summit of TWM no longer has simple tools in the metal containers.  Half the loot there seems to have changed, along with some of the other containers spread throughout the region.  I noticed the airline dinners are available in a couple of them now.

Same here (playing Stalker),  but  I like the new loot scarcity. I've gone through 7 regions (AC, TWM, PV, ML, FM, BR and FA) and only found 2 rifles (one regular Enfield and Vaughn's Rifle), which is a lot more challenging and fun.

(Oddly, I'm awash in storm lanterns, though; I have 5 sitting in the main hangar right now.)