Bedrolls keep breaking

hipsu555

I think theres some kind of bug with the bedroll. My bedroll was at arround 90% and the bag instantly broke after a wolf attack. This happend now 3 times.

First time I went to ash canyon, bedroll broke, had to start a fresh game.

Now second run, I made sure my bedroll is in good condition, went again to ash canyon for the backpack, got attacked, bedroll ruined.

Went back to timberwolf mountain, got a backup bedroll, repaired it to 100%, went back to ash canyon. Spent arrond 4-5 days on the map, on my way back got in a struggle with a wolf, bedroll ruined again. Probably have to start a new game again now...

Had anyone else similiar problems? I have over 300 hours in the game and never had a broken bedroll. Now 3 broke in a row just in a few days, im pretty sure there is something wrong with the game. I stop playing now for a while because this is gamebreaking

Edited by hipsu555

• hipsu555 changed the title to Bedrolls keep breaking

I can't be sure if it happened to me with the bedroll but in Ash Canyon I have had some strange experiences after the patch, invisible climbing ropes for example, in fact I have reported the bug as they recommended in Hinterland Support, I suggest you do the same.
In HRV I was attacked by a bear, he destroyed most of my clothes, shoes included, but not my sleeping bag.

8 hours ago, hipsu555 said:

I think theres some kind of bug with the bedroll. My bedroll was at arround 90% and the bag instantly broke after a wolf attack. This happend now 3 times.

First time I went to ash canyon, bedroll broke, had to start a fresh game.

Now second run, I made sure my bedroll is in good condition, went again to ash canyon for the backpack, got attacked, bedroll ruined.

Went back to timberwolf mountain, got a backup bedroll, repaired it to 100%, went back to ash canyon. Spent arrond 4-5 days on the map, on my way back got in a struggle with a wolf, bedroll ruined again. Probably have to start a new game again now...

Had anyone else similiar problems? I have over 300 hours in the game and never had a broken bedroll. Now 3 broke in a row just in a few days, im pretty sure there is something wrong with the game. I stop playing now for a while because this is gamebreaking

There's a wolf in Hush River Valley that can break your bedroll as well, pretty sure some wolves always attack your bedroll and there's a potential that you ran into the same wolf each time. I don't believe it's an bug, and you were unfortunately extremely unlucky. I've seen streamers have their runs ended by wolves like that, and many have just accepted and even make mental notes of which wolves can do which in a struggle. Too be quick: Wolves have been doing that for a long time, hopefully you don't run into another wolf like that again.

52 minutes ago, Smellyfries said:

There's a wolf in Hush River Valley that can break your bedroll as well, pretty sure some wolves always attack your bedroll and there's a potential that you ran into the same wolf each time. I don't believe it's an bug, and you were unfortunately extremely unlucky. I've seen streamers have their runs ended by wolves like that, and many have just accepted and even make mental notes of which wolves can do which in a struggle. Too be quick: Wolves have been doing that for a long time, hopefully you don't run into another wolf like that again.

If this is actually a "feature" it should be removed. The wolves were also not the same, atleast the second and third time. I cant really remember where the first bedroll broke, at this point I just thought I had bad luck and wasnt thinking much about it.

Btw. the item-decay rates seem to be kinda off too. Im at day 60 now and all food i find is at 1%/ruined. I havnt played this game for a very long time but I dont remember food spoiling that fast on Voyageur

• 1 month later...

Wolf attacks can result in damage to your bedroll. However, if you believe the damage or decay rates are not functioning at a normal level, we are always happy to investigate via the Support Portal

We appreciate your patience. We continue to work on improvements to the game and will share more information when it is available. 

• Upvote 1