How do we make the new arrow type? (Fire hardened tips)

Gazbeard

Is this in the game yet because I cannot see it in my inventory crafting list, nor is it added at a workbench, campfire, or firebarrel.
I really do hope it is not an item restricted to the new DLC maps (I have paid for the DLC and installed it) - if owning the DLC is the pre-requisite, then the crafting recipe should still appear on non-DLC maps if you own the DLC. 

Same applies to the travois - can't see anywhere how to craft it.

In Voyageur I've also searched every inch of the Milton Town map and found no guns, hammer, or hacksaw, therefore cannot go to Muskeg to forge and press on through BRR to the airfield.  I'm guessing I have to now do the traditional Milton - Mystery Lake - Pleasant Valley - Coastal - DP - and back again search route to find the tools for a forge run? 

No, neither travois nor fire hardened arrows were added yet. 

The free changes include:
- Updated player/item spawns
- Does
- Meat changes its texture based on its condition
- Notes that help you find hidden loot

The expansion changes include:
- Item variants (can be found outside Far Territory too)
- 3 new regions (a transition zone, a small hub region, and the airfield)
- Glimmer fog and insomnia

I think that's all, but I could've missed something. It would sure be handy if Hinterland released the list of changes, but at the moment we only have a youtube video describing new features.

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

With the March 30 update, fire hardened arrows require several (5) sticks, several (5) feathers, a knife or hatchet (improvised works too) and a fire to produce three  (3) arrows. 

The fire hardened arrows take about twice the condition loss (about 54% for comparison purposes compared to 27% for a simple arrow on a deer) when they hit a rabbit so seem to be good for two hits.  They are apparently ineffective when used on larger game.  

• 2 weeks later...

Fire-hardened arrows are really good for leveling your archery skill on rabbits without wasting durability on your regular arrows. Also, I highly recommend you don't try to scare off a wolf with one. In my testing, it takes two arrows to the nose to scare a wolf, so just use a regular arrow if you're charged by one.

On 4/12/2023 at 12:23 PM, Smellyfries said:

Fire-hardened arrows are really good for leveling your archery skill on rabbits without wasting durability on your regular arrows

However, they waste durability of your bow, making them considerably resource expensive.

12 hours ago, DaGnome91 said:

AND it makes them bleed ! Ok, it's very slow, but it works...

Surely?  Because regular wolves and other animals do not bleed with the arrows, likely a bug.

I recall seeing a video by someone who expended 400 fire hardened arrows on a bear.  He ran out of arrows.  He had a number of bows and used them up too.  The bear was not injured.  It was rather entertaining to watch him maneuver around the bear while pegging it with fire hardened arrows.