TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY - Technical Issues FAQ

Admin

this seems to have solved itself for me now. Over night wintermute dlc got added to my steam library.

Lack of patience might have been my problem ;)

image.png.ccf39672e4dc898fc9b40c53c11de019.png

edit; I verified I had access by disabling and reanabling the dlc in steam. This tarted a 5gb download and I could launch wintermute when it was done.

Edited by speedio
Verified it works

15 minutes ago, speedio said:

this seems to have solved itself for me now. Over night wintermute dlc got added to my steam library.

Lack of patience might have been my problem ;)

image.png.ccf39672e4dc898fc9b40c53c11de019.png

edit; I verified I had access by disabling and reanabling the dlc in steam. This tarted a 5gb download and I could launch wintermute when it was done.

Glad to hear it! Thank you for your patience. 

• Upvote 1

On 12/5/2022 at 11:44 PM, Jotunheim said:

I am stuck at the "Disclaimer" "Loading". The game does not load. This is a steam install and I have Wintermute and the Tales from the Far Territory in the library. I've tried to reinstall the game three times, but it still get stuck at "Loading". Verifying the game files does not seem to help.

The strange thing is that the DLCs are still listed as possible to buy, even though I have bought them? I even double checked Pay Pal to be sure the sum had been withdrawn, which it had.

Solved!

I had the same problem. I've solved it via the following url's 4'th header "DOWNLOAD THIS C++ REDIST PACKAGE (Windows only)" https://steamcommunity.com/app/305620/discussions/4/1470841715970137529/

the download link is not up to date so i found the updated versions. here is the page url for downloads: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/update-for-visual-c-2013-and-visual-c-redistributable-package-18d278e8-1c79-2630-e8ae-e9f4679b2393

download and install both x64 and x86.

It works perfect.

59 minutes ago, conanjaguar said:

Downloading files from the ‘Net? Yeah… sounds like a good way to get a virus.

Downloading files from Microsoft is totally fine. How are you even able to play TLD, if you "don't download files from the 'Net"?

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Arcx said:

Downloading files from Microsoft is totally fine. How are you even able to play TLD, if you "don't download files from the 'Net"?

1 hour ago, Oreos said:

it is microsoft's official support page. suit yourself... 

I am indeed an idiot 🤦‍♂️. I should pay more attention to things. Sorry guys.

13 minutes ago, conanjaguar said:

I am indeed an idiot 🤦‍♂️. I should pay more attention to things. Sorry guys.

You're not an idiot Conan. Daft but not an idiot. And there was no need for such a snarky response from Oreos so don't you worry. Its a fair point to be careful about where you download things from.

Edited by Sgt Socks
  • Upvote 1

• Admin locked this topic