Known Issues and Updates - TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY [Updated Dec 20]

Admin

1877819314_Hotfix-Generic-SteamHeaderImage.thumb.png.7af4e4b226a278a40a54eb812575589f.png

KNOWN ISSUES - TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY

Hi, Survivors! Following the recent Expansion Pass Update, which included both paid and free content, we are now able to provide faster Hotfixes for THE LONG DARK. This is very exciting, and we want to make sure you can still find relevant info quickly and easily as we continue to work to improve your experience in the Far Territory. 

Please refer back to this post for the latest information on recent Hotfixes and Known Issues. As a reminder, TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY has not yet launched on consoles. For more information on when TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY will be available on your chosen platform, please visit the Expansion Pass FAQ

RECENT HOTFIXES

Hotfix v2.06 (106075) (Dec 20) 
The fix listed below is for Steam PC/Linux and Epic Games Store PC.

• [Survival] Implemented a potential fix for a rare issue where when entering or exiting a Cave, the Player's game could restart and place them in a new location while resetting their progress. With the additional fixes, if the issue is encountered, player progress should now be maintained.

Hotfix v2.05 (106000) (Dec 16)
The fixes listed below are for Steam PC/Linux and Epic Games Store PC.

• Fixed an issue where loading the game in a Snow Shelter could teleport the player to an unexpected location
  • Fixed a data migration issue that occasionally caused the game to get stuck on the loading screen for some players, and occasionally resulted in a black screen on loading. We are continuing to investigate the source of additional reports.
  • Fixed issue where some game Settings did not save between launches
  • Updated text and translations to properly reflect "18-36 hours" for the Insomnia Affliction duration
  • Fixed an issue where changing the Display Number in Options would not change which monitor the game is displayed on
  • Fixed a floating book in a Mystery Lake trailer by the Carter Dam
  • Fixed an issue where books appeared to disappear when dropped as a stack

Hotfix v2.04 (105814) (Dec 9)
The fixes listed below are for Steam PC/Linux and Epic Games Store PC.

• Fixed issue where items appeared in the incorrect location in the Radial Menu.

Hotfix v 2.04 (10574) (Dec 7)

Today's fixes listed below are for Steam PC/Linux and Epic Games Store PC.

• Fixed objects and textures appearing at lower resolution than intended when the game detail is set to "Low." Low-resolution textures can also be manually addressed by re-applying High or Ultra visual settings, which might have been reverted in the Expansion Pass Update.
  • Fixed an issue where TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY did not initialize correctly for some players when launching on Steam.
  • Fixed a number of locations in the Airfield Region and Long Rail Transition where players could become stuck.
  • Fixed an issue where items spawned unintentionally in Memento Caches on Interloper games. Items will consistently spawn correctly on new games.

Hotfix v2.03 (105666) (Dec 6, 2022)

• Epic Games Store (PC) - Fixed an issue where new rifle variants appeared lined up inside a trailer by Carter Hydro Dam in the new Updated Survival Mode. 

Hotfix v2.03 (105581) (Dec 5, 2022)

• Steam (PC) - Fixed an issue where new rifle variants appeared lined up inside a trailer by Carter Hydro Dam in the new Updated Survival Mode. 

KNOWN ISSUES AND TECHNICAL FAQ - TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY
Please note that this list is not exhaustive. However, if you encounter issues and do not see your concern listed, please reach out to us via the Support Portal.   

TELEPORTING WHEN TRANSITIONING TO OR FROM A CAVE ON SURVIVAL
Some players are reporting that, upon entering or exiting a cave, they may be teleported to a new location. Occasionally, upon teleportation to a random new location, their backpack is also reset.

We released a potential fix on December 20th. If you are still encountering this issue, please reach out to us via the Support Portal. Thank you for your patience. 

AUTOWALK NO LONGER WORKS
Some players may have found their settings changed after updating, which deactivates the Autowalk setting. 

To re-enable this setting, please visit Options > Accessibility > Autowalk > Enable, and verify that the Autowalk key binding is set correctly under Options > Key Bindings.

PREVIOUS SURVIVAL AND CHALLENGE SAVES HAVE BECOME INACCESSIBLE 
As a reminder, previous Survival saves WILL NOT work with the game once you install the new Expansion Pass Update. This is true even if a player does not purchase the Expansion Pass. Players can, however, continue to use current Save Games on an older version of THE LONG DARK on Steam, using the Time Capsule feature: https://www.thelongdark.com/time-capsule/

Please note that since the Time Capsule uses an older version of THE LONG DARK, you won't have access to any of the new content or enhancements that are going into both the Base Game, and the Expansion Pass. 

For more information, please visit the latest Dev Diary and the Expansion Pass FAQ

WHERE IS THE EXPANSION PASS BUILD FOR MAC? 

Unfortunately, we have encountered an issue with the Unity engine that impacts only the Mac build of THE LONG DARK, however, we will do everything we can to ensure that the update is available on Mac as soon as possible. 

For more information on the Mac build, please visit our recent post

THE LONG DARK DOES NOT DISPLAY ON MULTIPLE MONITOR SETUPS
Following the Update, when a player with multiple displays attempts to launch The Long Dark, the application will only display on a single monitor, regardless of the Display Number setting in THE LONG DARK, or the primary monitor setting in Windows/Nvidia Control Panel.

As a temporary solution:

1. Open the game .exe directly from your Install folder
2. From your Display settings, update the display to "Window Mode" 
3. Close the game and re-open the game .exe again
4. ALT+TAB and drag the window to your desired display
5. Close and re-open THE LONG DARK
6. Change "Display Settings" back to "Full Screen"
7. Close and re-start the game from your Steam Library

We will continue to work on this issue and we will provide more information as soon as it is available. 

THANK YOU
Thank you for your patience, and thank you for playing! We will continue to update this post as more information becomes available. 

For additional assistance with technical issues, please reach out to us via the Support Portal: hinterlandgames.com/support    

For additional assistance with technical issues, please reach out to us via the Support Portal: hinterlandgames.com/support

• Upvote 8
  • Like 3

• Admin changed the title to Known Issues and Updates - TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY [Updated Dec 7]

Not sure if this is know bug (it seems not) but quite often I can see wolfs in Blackrock with sound bug, when the wolf is on the other side of the fence too close to me => there is lagging sound of wolf barking at me.

I will report it when I am at my local PC. Anyone noticed something like that?

And thanks for the update and fixes! Great job. Cannot wait to see the new map (going from Blackrock to enjoy the journey)

On 12/7/2022 at 12:47 AM, Admin said:

Fixed an issue where items spawned unintentionally in Memento Caches on Interloper games. Items will consistently spawn correctly on new games.

I have a question about this fix, may we know exactly what wrong items are no longer spawning?

Because re-starting long interloper runs it's obvious not a good idea 😅, but we can just drop or ignore the few incorrect items without starting a new run 😉

• Upvote 1

I had double ropes installed on TWM climb to Deer Clearing and Secluded Shelf. I will check after the update, if they are still there and report a bug, if so.

I also encountered some missing item images, when something is found within a container. Oh and one cool memento note reading something like "story placeholder".

The memento cash, that shuld be outside of the DP cannery could not be found, unfortunately.

• Upvote 3

My new issue. I got 19 books in backpack. When I drop ALL of them  (Camp Office) there is only 1 book on the floor and 0 in backpack. When I drop 1 there is only 1 on the floor and 0 in my backpack. No matter how many books I want to drop it always works in the same way. At the same time transfer to cupboard and etc works fine so definitely bug.

Edited by piorun314

7 hours ago, Glacia said:

I have a question about this fix, may we know exactly what wrong items are no longer spawning?

Because re-starting long interloper runs it's obvious not a good idea 😅, but we can just drop or ignore the few incorrect items without starting a new run 😉

7 hours ago, Serenity said:

Also a general question: are these item spawns determined when you first enter a region or when you start the whole run? Seems to be the latter

Thank you for reaching out. This was an interesting issue to investigate. (A variety of incorrect items spawned, including guns, munitions, and matches.) 

Old games (saved and started before this most recent Hotfix) will have inconsistent results, depending on whether those regions have been visited or not. The only way to consistently fix the issue is to restart the run, however if you still haven't visited a region, it is likely that the incorrect items will not be an issue in those regions. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, piorun314 said:

My new issue. I got 19 books in backpack. When I drop ALL of them  (Camp Office) there is only 1 book on the floor and 0 in backpack. When I drop 1 there is only 1 on the floor and 0 in my backpack. No matter how many books I want to drop it always works in the same way. At the same time transfer to cupboard and etc works fine so definitely bug.

We are currently investigating this issue. Thank you for reaching out! 

I'm having an issue with passing time when boiling water. Instead of it going from melting to boiling stage or boiling to fully boiled, it cuts down only a fraction of that time when I hit space once and when there are about 10 mins left it doesn't cut down the time at all.

The time is takes to start a fire has became a lot longer than before. I sincerely hope this is a bug and not intentional because there is nothing fun in staring at a slooooooooowly turning circle on the screen.

I'm also getting severest lag spikes near fires to the point of unplayable. Also random lag spikes, for example I clicked to pick up a stick - the game waited 10 seconds before accepting the command to take the stick.

The rope from Homesteader's Respite in Ash Canyon is invisible, except at the top attachment point.  Although invisible, the rope is still usable; I dropped a book at the bottom so I could find it to climb back up.  

Occurred on build 2.04 105741 S

My quality settings are on Ultra.  The only other graphics glitch I've noticed is the double ropes in TWM as described above by mfuegemann.

screen_f093dad5-95bb-4792-b550-3b36c5980b98.thumb.png.67ef9bd1bc8a4e3fabc96b930e968350.png

Edited by Ruruwawa
  • Upvote 2

There's an indoor water fall with no water in Ash Canyon... the cave after wolf nest on way to goldmine - I forgot it was there, torch went out clothes soaked but no water fall lol - also the safe at Spence in FM has no numbers on the dial when trying to open from outside the barn... FPS is lower after update (running RTX 3070 Ti) Found a GO drink in the ravine trailer where the flair gun used to be (interloper so must be bug?) No flare gun in ravine anymore and only 3 shells on summit / saw double rope in TWM (post update). Very slight freeze when opening backpack - wasn't like that before update.

Edited by bad_ism
  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, bad_ism said:

There's an indoor water fall with no water in Ash Canyon... the cave after wolf nest on way to goldmine - I forgot it was there, torch went out clothes soaked but no water fall lol - also the safe at Spence in FM has no numbers on the dial when trying to open from outside the barn... FPS is lower after update (running RTX 3070 Ti) Found a GO drink in the ravine trailer where the flair gun used to be (interloper so must be bug?) No flare gun in ravine anymore and only 3 shells on summit / saw double rope in TWM (post update). Very slight freeze when opening backpack - wasn't like that before update.

For the summit flare gun, look on the lower floor at the corpse. Mine was there (interloper). No flare gun in the Ravine too...

• Upvote 1

I just recently purchased 'Tales From The Far Territory" and the major issue that I'm having is while playing in Survival mode. (issue also applies in challenge mode) I even uninstalled and reinstalled the game and nothing worked. Turns out I'm unable to left click on anything during gameplay. Even while starting brand new runs. Can't pickup books, sticks, open doors, search containers, etc... I can right click on a prybar and move it around. Just can't left click to place it in a different spot. Anyone else having this issue? I'm using a laptop that I got back in 2018 and still has Windows 10. Still didn't upgrade to 11. I have a USB gaming mouse connected to it.

One final thing to note. I tried playing Wintermute Episode 1 and I WAS able to left click on things...

• Admin changed the title to Known Issues and Updates - TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY [Updated Dec 9]
On 12/9/2022 at 2:45 AM, Ruruwawa said:

The rope from Homesteader's Respite in Ash Canyon is invisible, except at the top attachment point.  Although invisible, the rope is still usable; I dropped a book at the bottom so I could find it to climb back up. 

Yes, the same in my game, I just reported the bug.

• Upvote 3

Using antibiotic tablets is wonky.

At first I thought it was that when you only have two antibiotics in inventory you cannot consume them; trying to use them to treat an appropriate condition comes up with the button to use, but clicking it does nothing. Further testing seems to indicate that even with four on hand you can't eat them.

So I ate a bunch of raw wolf meat and found that I could use a stack of 6 to treat the food poisoning, and then the remaining stack of 4 was usable to treat the parasites. Other stacks of 2 or 4 were still unable to be used. 🤷‍♂️

On 12/9/2022 at 2:45 AM, Ruruwawa said:

Occurred on build 2.04 105741 S

My quality settings are on Ultra.  The only other graphics glitch I've noticed is the double ropes in TWM as described above by mfuegemann.

screen_f093dad5-95bb-4792-b550-3b36c5980b98.thumb.png.67ef9bd1bc8a4e3fabc96b930e968350.png

Hi @Ruruwawa, i just had reported this bug too, through Hinterland Support Zendesk platform.

https://hinterlandgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

• Upvote 3

am about 11 days into a TFTFT game on 2x speed, went custom to turn off the guns and so far:

• found 2 revolvers (one in a memento cache (visible), one in the world (invisible), several bullets (invisible))
  • been through about 5 different regions and not found any cutting tools (hacksaw, knife, hatchet) so not sure if disabling guns instead disabled cutting tools or if they've just been made more rare to increase their value (if so, that's an awesome move and i'm enjoying the challenge) or if the loot tables are now more randomised (again, sounds like a great move if so)
  • pretty sure i've had a coffee version of the listed match bug, where when looking at coffee in your inventory then picking up a cooked cup of coffee from a fire i instead got another tin of coffee

ps. TFTFT is awesome, am loving the airfield and the transfer pass

Edited by Nyarlaphotep
cheers