My Halloween User Created Challenge: Ghost of Great Bear's Past

RossBondReturns

In the past I've devised a number of user created challenges all of which can also be found on my blog. I had been testing a new challenge which I was going to call Faithful Photographer but the moment the Dev Diary hit I adjusted it to fit the Halloween Theme.

Now I didn't make it endless night, and I can't add Jack O Lanterns, Pumpkin Pies or a Mythical Eldritch Creature. However I can make use of your imagination, and by harnessing your imagination this Halloween Challenge can be as nerve wracking as you choose to make it.

The idea is to travel all over Great Bear, at each location take pictures of any unusual activity. However it is the stories and write-ups of each location that will allow you to bring the ghostly or ghastly...or both stories of each location to life.

So if you want to check it out and try for yourself be my guest, I didn't get to thoroughly test it from start to finish, but if you're a creative writer and love taking screenshots you should make it to the end.

Happy Halloween everyone!

User Created Halloween Challenge: Ghost's of Great Bear's Past

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

I'm guessing you're on loper?  If so I don't envy you in bleak!!  Good luck with it. 

That's great news..   I'm looking forward to seeing it too.😊

I chose to play it on Stalker...aka Wolf Seeking Missile difficulty. :D

I'm just getting started in Interloper. I chose to not use my custom Stalker-Loper code.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, GeneralJConnor said:

I chose to play it on Stalker...aka Wolf Seeking Missile difficulty. :D

I'm just getting started in Interloper. I chose to not use my custom Stalker-Loper code.

Lol.    Very apt name.😁.  Good luck with those timbers!

5 hours ago, Admin said:

How is everyone doing with the challenge? Thank you again for sharing! 

You're welcome.

I tend to upload an entire Challenge LP once I've finished....in case I die along the way.

This one has the potential to be a heart breaker, to get down to one or two locations remaining and have it all blow up in your face.

Also this Challenge has 37 points of interest that must be documented and either videoed/"photographed or both...it's the most I've done in one challenge, and I've created multiple challenges.

So all this to say, I will probably edit some episodes tomorrow and start uploading, hoping that I'll be able to upload a completed run in the end.

So far though...just in today's game play...2 Wolf attacks and 2 Bear Maulings. :D

• Upvote 1

Well I chose to check my videos  and realized that I was right before and had already done Ash Canyon.

My route so far after a random start in Bleak Inlet  I went to FM then BR then ML (But missed one Point of Interest I'll nab later) then to PV then TWM then AC then TWM Eric's Falls/Summit POI's...then BRM (BlackRockMountain) finished the last POI in PV...and have hit my first POI in CH.

I have visited 20 out of 37 Points of Interest.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

I'm looking forward to seeing this run of yours , all those maulings  and bear attacks sound like a horror in their own right.

I have to be super careful when editing it together...because I did some other challenges mixed in. It would be very strange to see The Hunted Part One breaking in to my own challenge! :D

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Oh I don't know. That bear is certainly worthy of a part in a horror story.😁

Very true.

This morning I considered finishing out this sandbox. (Ghosts)
Starting another sandbox in Relentless Night (Playing through days and nights that become longer until its endless night) (Ghosts 2)
Starting a 3rd Sandbox in Custom with Endless Night Enabled (Ghosts 3)
And starting a few different sandboxes in Escape the Darkwalker Challenge (For extra Creepy "Dream" footage). (Ghosts 4-24;))

And then cross editing them together to make one INSANE and scary let's play.

And release THAT as my video series of this challenge...and I know I could do it...but post production would be a bear.

Speaking of which I could have it end with the bear attack at the start of the Hunted Part 1...or then again maybe not.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

That's the beauty of custom mode...so many choices..    

The scarier the better.. it is a Halloween party run😁

I think it's do-able....but by the time I release it...probably next October ;)

I mean the worst that could happen is to have it ending with me entering the new Travel Zone to the Hub Region.

Have my only comment of the whole LP Series literally be:

"I truly have no idea where I am."

• Upvote 1