FORUM CHANGE: Dedicated Twitter Thread Sidebar

SpanishMoss

While large important announcements are shared here on the forums, many smaller announcements and teasers are shared exclusively on twitter. 

Many people on the forum do not use twitter and would prefer to get their information directly from the forums. 

My suggestion is simple, add a sidebar to these forums where recent posts by the relevant twitter accounts show up. (These being RaphLife, intoTheLongDark and Hinterland)

This would allow casual forum-goers to get the same information as twitter followers, without having to go to another site. (A site which many would rather not visit!)

If this isn't appealing, there should at least be a locked thread in the Updates subcategory that contains copy pastes of tweets where it can still be viewed by all. 

Thank you!

-SpanishMoss

• Upvote 4
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Leeanda said:

I saw that picture earlier on ytube.  Intriguing....

Yes, I can't recall even a single outdoor area with exposed ground. Usually, it's all snow.
I wonder whether this area connects to Coastal Highway or the Broken Railroad? The former would make more sense, but the latter would make BR region more useful.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Kranium said:

Decent idea. Personally I just also use the subreddit.

I don't disagree with any form of getting the information, but I think the feeling is that this forum, the official place for players and fans should be one of the first and most important sources of information and where the "real" stories are. Not fake TLD news and rumours.

Many members, and people who play the game/use the forum without registering wouldn't touch social media with a bear spear.

People who are new to the game also won't know of Raph or the reddits, the first place they head to is the official Hinterland forum.

They're wanting to expand the game and reach new players? If we don't get the information here? Well...

Edited by Sgt Socks
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Ghurcb said:

Yes, I can't recall even a single outdoor area with exposed ground. Usually, it's all snow.
I wonder whether this area connects to Coastal Highway or the Broken Railroad? The former would make more sense, but the latter would make BR region more useful.

There was a thought about it being broken railroad  and strangely  ash mine.....   

Looking on the main map of Great bear there aren't many options left though.  Broken and even desolation would be good,bring the island round full circle as it were.  Or nearly anyway,we can't forget perseverance mills.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jeffpeng

Yes, please. I hate twatter with a passion. I read here and there, sporadically, and I have developed the feeling that with every year passing the level of clown-fiesta-ness on that joke of a platform doubles. So having the relevant posts here on the forum (and if it's just a thread with those posts "posted") would really be appreciated.

4 hours ago, jeffpeng said:

Yes, please. I hate twatter with a passion. I read here and there, sporadically, and I have developed the feeling that with every year passing the level of clown-fiesta-ness on that joke of a platform doubles. So having the relevant posts here on the forum (and if it's just a thread with those posts "posted") would really be appreciated.

I literally cough spluttered and choked on my drink, thanks Jeff! 🤨😄

Your first line especially. Marvellous eloquence.

Guest jeffpeng
1 hour ago, Sgt Socks said:

I literally cough spluttered and choked on my drink, thanks Jeff! 🤨😄

You are welcome. 🙇‍♂️

9 hours ago, jeffpeng said:

Agreed. I make it a point of pride to never, ever, ever read Twitter, Facebook, or Reddit. There’s just too much toxicity and vulgarity there… As a teen of culture, I am shocked.

• Upvote 1

Guest jeffpeng
1 hour ago, conanjaguar said:

Agreed. I make it a point of pride to never, ever, ever read Twitter, Facebook, or Reddit. There’s just too much toxicity and vulgarity there… As a teen of culture, I am shocked.

Facebook seems to be a place for bitter people believing very strange things. Reddit.... well, I'm on Reddit once in a while and it really depends which parts you frequent. Some are rather civilized, some make 4chan blush, others are just as toxic as you insinuate. I think what makes twatter really borderline evil is the character limitation, which just brings the worst out of the most well intended gentleperson eventually. Also the fact that apparently 90% of people are bots and trolls. Which is interesting when you think about it: it's basically AIs mostly flaming other AIs. So, if you will, computers wasting energy insulting each other. Humanity really has come a long way.

Teaching sand how to think was a mistake.

- That level1techs dude (Wendell)

Edited by jeffpeng

15 hours ago, Leeanda said:

Is it really that bad?   The main reason I don't use them is that I don't want lots of apps wasting my batteries,memory or time.

Kind of depends what you look for on there honestly. Most political and real world stuff that is talked about there is... Argument hell is the best way I could put it, and not healthy arguments, mostly just toxic garbage.

Anywhere else is a fairly mixed bag.

• Upvote 3

Just now, APixelatedLemon said:

Kind of depends what you look for on there honestly. Most political and real world stuff that is talked about there is... Argument hell is the best way I could put it, and not healthy arguments, mostly just toxic garbage.

Anywhere else is a fairly mixed bag.

Thank you.. now I'm doubly glad I never bothered with it.

13 hours ago, jeffpeng said:

Facebook seems to be a place for bitter people believing very strange things. Reddit.... well, I'm on Reddit once in a while and it really depends which parts you frequent. Some are rather civilized, some make 4chan blush, others are just as toxic as you insinuate. I think what makes twatter really borderline evil is the character limitation, which just brings the worst out of the most well intended gentleperson eventually. Also the fact that apparently 90% of people are bots and trolls. Which is interesting when you think about it: it's basically AIs mostly flaming other AIs. So, if you will, computers wasting energy insulting each other. Humanity really has come a long way.

My thoughts exactly… just a lot more eloquent 👍.