My first stalker run.

Leeanda

11 minutes ago, conanjaguar said:

A moment of silence for our brave and valiant Astrid.

Now on to ‘Loper! Without bears, of course 😉.

Thank you  but ... No thanks..   there's even less animals on loper. I like to hunt.🙂 

I should've mentioned that I actually started to panic and I completely forgot I had a stim on me until after id died.  🙂.

@Leeanda

Well my darling, as you weren't enjoying it anymore I won't even express my regret, indeed you have found yourself freed!

But 111 days, first Stalker run? Of that you should *definitely* be proud. And without a shopping trolley! I had to laugh about only remembering your stim after you died, that's the sort of thing I would do (although I never use stims).

I think trying different difficulties is the best way to work out the bits you do and don't want in your custom games. 

You said about new challenges ideas? How's about just starting a new game with all the new custom tweaks you want to make? Experience what it's like to play with those new settings, and enjoy some hunting again!

While you're doing that you can ponder what you might like to challenge yourself with next. Until then you can simply roam around with your rifle and enjoy shooting everything in sight!

It's been a real pleasure joining you on your journey Leeanda, and at times seriously hair raising! Thank you for your fabulous diary, it's been a blast 😁🧡🐺

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Sgt Socks said:

@Leeanda

Well my darling, as you weren't enjoying it anymore I won't even express my regret, indeed you have found yourself freed!

But 111 days, first Stalker run? Of that you should *definitely* be proud. And without a shopping trolley! I had to laugh about only remembering your stim after you died, that's the sort of thing I would do (although I never use stims).

I think trying different difficulties is the best way to work out the bits you do and don't want in your custom games. 

You said about new challenges ideas? How's about just starting a new game with all the new custom tweaks you want to make? Experience what it's like to play with those new settings, and enjoy some hunting again!

While you're doing that you can ponder what you might like to challenge yourself with next. Until then you can simply roam around with your rifle and enjoy shooting everything in sight!

It's been a real pleasure joining you on your journey Leeanda, and at times seriously hair raising! Thank you for your fabulous diary, it's been a blast 😁🧡🐺

Thank you ,and everyone else for reading it and your support.  

I have started anew run this morning,tweaked of course. More bear moose,hard weather but low wind.  No wolf fear even though when passive isn't supposed to make a difference but it does. Less deer,more wolves. 

Already spent four days near freezing in ash canyon😁  really odd but the loot is pretty terrible condition for some reason.  

Still I'm having fun and that's what it's about. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

So passive wildlife?  That will certainly make things less stressful while you are battling the weather!

Hmm.  Is the gear from elsewhere in bad condition too?  I'm just wondering if something in the settings is making it that way.

I'm so glad you are back to enjoying yourself.  There's certainly no point in playing if you aren't having fun!  That's why I'm so grateful for the custom options. Plus it means you can vary each run if you want to.

I hope you found some thermal underwear! A freezing bottom is no fun.

1 minute ago, Sgt Socks said:

So passive wildlife?  That will certainly make things less stressful while you are battling the weather!

Hmm.  Is the gear from elsewhere in bad condition too?  I'm just wondering if something in the settings is making it that way.

I'm so glad you are back to enjoying yourself.  There's certainly no point in playing if you aren't having fun!  That's why I'm so grateful for the custom options. Plus it means you can vary each run if you want to.

I hope you found some thermal underwear! A freezing bottom is no fun.

Not sure what's going on with the weather.its been terrible since I started.  Wind low,blizzards and Aurora are untouched  but I have  upped gets colder over time.  It's only been 5 days. 😁 

Most at the summit is pretty poor condition  too.  No idea why,it's not usually.

And only one pair of thermals!!!!!🙂

I have noticed there seems to be quite a jump in the cold over time settings. I can't remember exactly... but for sake of discussion. Medium was too easy for me but high is too extreme. There needs to either be another level or better balancing. Hence I am *desperate* for the bear coat on day 60! Even ML is giving me some issues.

We need THREE pairs of the red woolie undies!

PS absolutely no idea about the condition issues 🤷‍♀️ I have had some runs like that though, maybe simply a bad RNG roll this time

Edited by Sgt Socks
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Sgt Socks said:

I have noticed there seems to be quite a jump in the cold over time settings. I can't remember exactly... but for sake of discussion. Medium was too easy for me but high is too extreme. There needs to either be another level or better balancing. Hence I am *desperate* for the bear coat on day 60! Even ML is giving me some issues.

We need THREE pairs of the red woolie undies!

PS absolutely no idea about the condition issues 🤷‍♀️ I have had some runs like that though, maybe simply a bad RNG roll this time

Well it's on low on pilgrim but it's unnoticeable  so I put it up to medium.  But day five already feels like day 150.. 🙂.  

Sounds like we both have some bad luck with RNG.   

That's all I got up at ash,one pair of thermals.. very unusual ..  surprisingly the only things in good condition at the summit was the rifles.   

1 minute ago, Leeanda said:

Well it's on low on pilgrim but it's unnoticeable  so I put it up to medium.  But day five already feels like day 150.. 🙂.  

Sounds like we both have some bad luck with RNG.   

That's all I got up at ash,one pair of thermals.. very unusual ..  surprisingly the only things in good condition at the summit was the rifles.   

Seems like the jumps in-between the cold over time levels is a bit steep throughout then. Could probably do with another level added in then. Oh well, I'll continue shivering even when I'm wearing all the warmest gear available!

I had rubbish loot at Ash this time too as you know. All the clothing at the summit was ragged except one pair of boots, I was up there by day 50 I think. But like you, the rifles were in excellent condition.

How very strange indeed. It would be us though!

2 minutes ago, Sgt Socks said:

Seems like the jumps in-between the cold over time levels is a bit steep throughout then. Could probably do with another level added in then. Oh well, I'll continue shivering even when I'm wearing all the warmest gear available!

I had rubbish loot at Ash this time too as you know. All the clothing at the summit was ragged except one pair of boots, I was up there by day 50 I think. But like you, the rifles were in excellent condition.

How very strange indeed. It would be us though!

You're on stalker though aren't you,at least as far as loot condition goes? 

How about the moose cloak?  I know it's heavier but it's warmer ,plus the meats safe.

Umm... umm.... I can't remember. Give me 10 mins and I'll check my settings.

Moose Cloak is fabulous. I love it paired with the bear coat late game. The issue is getting the Moose to get the cloak. One will always go to the satchel of course, then it just depends on if I see another one. Even on very high they are rare. Down to luck whether you're in the right place at the right time, and with a rifle.

Bears however are predictably present (settings dependent of course) and much easier to get the number needed. If bloody scary. Although the Moose can be pretty scary too! I do like the wolf coat but I spend all my time avoiding them. I only managed it on my snowball because of the enclosed nature of that run.

2 minutes ago, Sgt Socks said:

Umm... umm.... I can't remember. Give me 10 mins and I'll check my settings.

Moose Cloak is fabulous. I love it paired with the bear coat late game. The issue is getting the Moose to get the cloak. One will always go to the satchel of course, then it just depends on if I see another one. Even on very high they are rare. Down to luck whether you're in the right place at the right time, and with a rifle.

Bears however are predictably present (settings dependent of course) and much easier to get the number needed. If bloody scary. Although the Moose can be pretty scary too! I do like the wolf coat but I spend all my time avoiding them. I only managed it on my snowball because of the enclosed nature of that run.

It seems turning  everything to high ,especially moose and bear has the opposite effect.  The only thing that seems to help is turning all the others down to low or off.   Seems weird but it's happened to a few people..  

Mind you ,bears are ,as you say pretty much everywhere ..  especially in pv.

Annoying won't take a screenshot of my settings, so here goes:

* Baseline resource - medium

* Colder over time - high

* Item decay - high (dammit, meant to be medium)

* Loose item availability - medium

* Empty container & reduce container density - both low

Those are the relevant ones anyway. Just seems weird both of us have had a similar & unusual experience in Ash and at the Summit. The unfriendly loot goblins are causing havoc methinks.

12 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

It seems turning  everything to high ,especially moose and bear has the opposite effect.  The only thing that seems to help is turning all the others down to low or off.   Seems weird but it's happened to a few people..  

Mind you ,bears are ,as you say pretty much everywhere ..  especially in pv.

Really? That is massively weird. So to get more moose I'd have to turn everything else down? That makes no sense! I want deer as well!

21 minutes ago, Sgt Socks said:

Really? That is massively weird. So to get more moose I'd have to turn everything else down? That makes no sense! I want deer as well

It'd be better to turn the moose down anyway,or leave the original settings on. The more you change ,the more it alters everything.  

There are some weird things in the settings.. like I said earlier ,with passive on ,wolf fear shouldn't work but I always put wolf fear to low with passive and it does indeed make a difference.

28 minutes ago, Sgt Socks said:

Annoying won't take a screenshot of my settings, so here goes:

* Baseline resource - medium

* Colder over time - high

* Item decay - high (dammit, meant to be medium)

* Loose item availability - medium

* Empty container & reduce container density - both low

Those are the relevant ones anyway. Just seems weird both of us have had a similar & unusual experience in Ash and at the Summit. The unfriendly loot goblins are causing havoc methinks.

That is very odd.. mine are nothing like that,at least from memory so we shouldn't be having the same things.  Curious.... 

6 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

It'd be better to turn the moose down anyway,or leave the original settings on. The more you change ,the more it alters everything.  

I think I'll just carry on as I am but I will turn the moose down one to high. None of the standard settings is near what I want so I always have to change quite a few things. I'll just have to live with any odd consequences.

6 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

That is very odd.. mine are nothing like that,at least from memory so we shouldn't be having the same things.  Curious.... 

Indeed. It has become very Alice in Wonderland! Curiouser and curiouser.

Edited by Sgt Socks

3 minutes ago, Sgt Socks said:

I think I'll just carry on as I am but I will turn the moose down one to high. None of the standard settings is near what I want so I always have to change quite a few things. I'll just have to live with any odd consequences.

Indeed. It has become very Alice in Wonderland! Curiouser and curiouser.

I am curious though if you picked custom then tweaked it or picked stalker then changed the settings?  

There's always a moose in bleak as far as I know. Seems to be the only one I can guarantee on all my runs.  Maybe it's the same for every level🤔

7 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

There's always a moose in bleak as far as I know. Seems to be the only one I can guarantee on all my runs.  Maybe it's the same for every level🤔

Yes but that's Bleak. Crafting new ammo is barely worth going to Bleak for!

I'll take my chances elsewhere 😁

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Sgt Socks said:

Yes but that's Bleak. Crafting new ammo is barely worth going to Bleak for!

I'll take my chances elsewhere 😁

Lol... 

He's usually near the exit on my runs .. very conveniently..  

Maybe as a desperate  last resort then??🙂

11 hours ago, Leeanda said:

Lol... 

He's usually near the exit on my runs .. very conveniently..  

Maybe as a desperate  last resort then??🙂

Very desperate desperate indeed 😄

I do go to Bleak when I manage to put together a really long run, either out of massive boredom/feeling suicidal or needing to craft ammo. Even without Timberwolves it is a nightmare.

I suppose I could consider going earlier this time, once I've got the bear coat (2 pelts are curing now so won't be long). PV cold is challenging enough on the High cold over time. 

I just don't want to die! Am in the mood for a few hundred days. I really want to make a full year, 365 days.

Hmm... decisions decisions... 🤔

EDIT - That didn't take long. Nope. Just nope. Not this time! Not unless I need the ammo. Its been such a long time since I've been I could do with doing a test run on an easy setting. I want to hold onto this run, the bears are challenging enough!

Edited by Sgt Socks
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Sgt Socks said:

Very desperate desperate indeed 😄

I do go to Bleak when I manage to put together a really long run, either out of massive boredom/feeling suicidal or needing to craft ammo. Even without Timberwolves it is a nightmare.

I suppose I could consider going earlier this time, once I've got the bear coat (2 pelts are curing now so won't be long). PV cold is challenging enough on the High cold over time. 

I just don't want to die! Am in the mood for a few hundred days. I really want to make a full year, 365 days.

Hmm... decisions decisions... 🤔

EDIT - That didn't take long. Nope. Just nope. Not this time! Not unless I need the ammo. Its been such a long time since I've been I could do with doing a test run on an easy setting. I want to hold onto this run, the bears are challenging enough!

If timbers are off and it's the start of a run ,would it be that bad?  That  moose can be avoided  and the one near washed out trailers can be got by climbing into that fallen tree behind them.

Yogis nowhere near there so he shouldn't be a problem?   

If you're really unlucky the weather could be bad but it'll only get worse later on?

1 hour ago, Leeanda said:

If timbers are off and it's the start of a run ,would it be that bad?  That  moose can be avoided  and the one near washed out trailers can be got by climbing into that fallen tree behind them.

Yogis nowhere near there so he shouldn't be a problem?   

If you're really unlucky the weather could be bad but it'll only get worse later on?

You are right of course. As I've changed my run it is a bit different but I must have that satchel... just the backpack feels like nothing 😄

Once I've consolidated in PV following Ash and The Summit, perhaps I should take a little detour when I leave the dam.

Knowing my luck he won't be there! 

OK, you've persuaded me. Persuasive little bugger that you are. That will be Ash AND Bleak you've got me to venture into again 😁

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Sgt Socks said:

You are right of course. As I've changed my run it is a bit different but I must have that satchel... just the backpack feels like nothing 😄

Once I've consolidated in PV following Ash and The Summit, perhaps I should take a little detour when I leave the dam.

Knowing my luck he won't be there! 

OK, you've persuaded me. Persuasive little bugger that you are. That will be Ash AND Bleak you've got me to venture into again 😁

Ah! My powers are growing😁.   Soon I shall persuade you to put trolleys on the wish list🤪😁

2 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Ah! My powers are growing😁.

Good lord, there is a terrifying thought! 😳😄

2 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Soon I shall persuade you to put trolleys on the wish list🤪😁

Oh I would happily put them on the list but I know our wish will not be granted; the desolation and disappointment of our rejection would be too much to bear!

I did actually find myself day dreaming about our trollies while I was wandering around Ash, muttering about the missing Moose 😁 

• Upvote 1