My first stalker run.

Leeanda

@Leeanda

Goodness me, what a few days you have had!!!

I am so impressed with how you are handling Stalker. Who cares if it is a less than accurate shooting run, you're surviving! I get runs like that, when I can't even hit my own feet for toffee. Of course it's better when we do actually manage to hit things, but I'll take survival over anything else. There's no one else around to notice our appalling shooting 😁

How many days are you at now?

I'm relieved you found a good quality rifle in Milton. That will help a great deal, especially as with Stalker there's less loot therefore less cleaning kits. Fingers crossed your continued rummaging will land you some more ammo too. And food! Even if it is enough fizzy pop to send you up into the sky like a hot air balloon.

May your fears be unfounded and you wake to days of clear skies and little wind.

🍀🤞🍀🤞🍀

• Upvote 2

I left the church and headed up the road until I got to the trailer.. 

Just as I got to the door I heard the bark but he was too late.  There wasn't much in there so made a fire and pulled a few torches.  I headed up to the bridge ,playing peek a boo with the wolf until I finally hit him . My revolver skills are truly awful 😁. I looted the cars and corpse underneath the bridge but only found a bag of crisps and one soda..   I got into the cave just as the wind got rough and found the wolf carcass near the entrance. I left the meat as I'm still not desperate enough to risk parasites but took the hide..  there was a couple of flares in there too and quite a bit of coal..  

I knew there should be a wolf near the plane crash so skirted round the edge  but I heard a squeak and then munching so kept going.  

There was some good loot at the plane,several cans,some tins of food and an MRE.  I had to leave the can of fuel as I was somehow overweight again.  

I lit a torch and made my way cautiously up to the plane expecting an ambush, he was just standing there at the top of the ramp waiting.  I took a few steps back to get the gun out but it ran off without me doing anything.   I took off as quickly as possible before I got stuck there all day and headed down the hill. He turned up as soon as I got far enough away from safety and followed me until a rabbit got his attention.  I  headed down the hill and just got near the first house when a wolf turned up so I headed left round the back of the post office and made my mistake.. I got in the car hoping it'd get bored .  I didn't wait long enough and as soon as I pressed the button to leave it was right beside the door.  Too late to do anything I got a good mauling..  serves me right😁.  My clothes got off lightly and I only lost about 35% health so I'm very lucky this time.  

As I've looted enough of Milton I decided it was time to leave so headed down to paradise meadows to rest for the night.. there was absolute carnage down there,dead deer and rabbits everywhere.. despite that one of them decided to come after me  but lost interest when I got into the barn. 

For just two wolves there was a lot of squealing and barking going on so I made my way to the house while they were busy.  One was munching on a rabbit near the porch so I had to go round in a big circle to get inside.. even as I reached the door there was a deep growl and I got in just in time. 

I slept through a blizzard and woke to blue skies and surprisingly empty fields.  I spent a good part of the day down in the basin before heading into forlorn.  I went through the cave intending to sleep in there but yet again I had cabin fever.  I went outside and nestled into the rocks in the corner and slept for two hours.. I woke to an aurora and immediately panicked. I know there's a wolf spawn near that tower so headed back through the cave to marsh ridge.  I stood and enjoyed the view for an hour or two before bedding down in the sheltered spot.  It really is a beautiful place to stay and watching the aurora from there is breathtaking 🙂

Next morning I checked the tower cautiously ,no wolf but there was a corpse. I took the mag lens and a cup of tea,and some cat tails and headed off .  I saw nothing all the way through forlorn or mystery lake. I heard a wolf at the dam but avoided it ,causing several sprains along the way🙂 

I arrived back in pv to the usual weather,thick murky snow and high winds but I pushed on as I wanted to get back home.  It was slow going but not entirely the winds fault,I was slightly overburdened but also very exhausted. 

I saw nothing on the way back again,not even my bunny near the shed. 

I got to the porch,dropped the wolf hide to cure and just fixed my coat up as a blizzard started.  I tried to stay out there as long as I could before heading in to dump some loot and heading to bed..  I've got to keep an eye on the time I spend indoors ,I'm not used to cabin fever being on..  

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, Sgt Socks said:

@Leeanda

Goodness me, what a few days you have had!!!

I am so impressed with how you are handling Stalker. Who cares if it is a less than accurate shooting run, you're surviving! I get runs like that, when I can't even hit my own feet for toffee. Of course it's better when we do actually manage to hit things, but I'll take survival over anything else. There's no one else around to notice our appalling shooting 😁

How many days are you at now?

I'm relieved you found a good quality rifle in Milton. That will help a great deal, especially as with Stalker there's less loot therefore less cleaning kits. Fingers crossed your continued rummaging will land you some more ammo too. And food! Even if it is enough fizzy pop to send you up into the sky like a hot air balloon.

May your fears be unfounded and you wake to days of clear skies and little wind.

🍀🤞🍀🤞🍀

It's certainly kept me on my toes..  I just can't get used to that Revolver. I never use it on pilgrim but even the rare occasions I've used the rifle have been awful on this run.. I'm glad the moose and bear are off otherwise I'd be toast.. 🙂 

Strangely there was hardly any sodas in  Milton... And no ammo either. 

I'm not sure what day it is ,I haven't checked today but it's somewhere round the 70 days mark I think.

2 hours ago, Leeanda said:

I'm not sure what day it is ,I haven't checked today but it's somewhere round the 70 days mark I think.

Now that is strange... on a “normal” Stalker Run I usually find about 15-20 bullets. Have you looked under the beds? You’d be surprised what you can find under them.

Just now, conanjaguar said:

Now that is strange... on a “normal” Stalker Run I usually find about 15-20 bullets. Have you looked under the beds? You’d be surprised what you can find under them.

I did find one revolver casing on this trip.. but I only found a few on the first trip too but I hardly searched anywhere on that one. This one was very thorough.

Next morning was as usual thick murky snow.  I headed off toward the barn to see if the bunny was back.  After a lucky shot I took it inside and cooked it up and boiled some water.  The weather wasn't improving so I stood on the road wondering where to go next.  I was torn between blackrock and ash canyon . I chose blackrock ,mainly for the loot and partly just because I hadn't been there yet.  Keepers south only had one wolf who wanted to talk to me but I shooed him away with the revolver.  It was a very quiet journey to blackrock despite the weather.

There was another wolf who got in the way as soon as I got there but again a hip shot made him run.  I saw or heard nothing else on the way up to the prison.. I don't know where the spawn sites are for either type of wolf as they are so rare and random on pilgrim.  I went in ,had a quick look round and knowing there's a wolf in the yard ,opened the door cautiously.. it was right outside the door pacing back and forth ,by the time I'd got my gun out though it'd run off to the gates.  I stayed at the door and took random pot shots at it. I had no intention of going outside as the sky was turning a lovely shade of green with tinges of blue.i was exhausted so I slept til morning and read for an hour until the sky was back to it's usual grey.  I found the wolf not far from the door so took it's hide and meat.. I left the hide inside and made my way toward the infirmary.  I knew there were wolves here but not how many so I stood at the gate and waited.. three stink bars brought them over very quickly. All four of them!   I wasted a lot of revolver ammo trying to make use of the glitchy behavior.  I got two shots in the behind as they came through the gate and a one shot kill on another as it's head poked through the wire.  I took his hide and the meat just in case I come back later..  despite two of them bleeding they still kept coming back . I wasted a lot of ammo hitting the wire as they kept turning in circles and one or two even skated over to me ,which I still find funny no matter how often I see it.🙂.  

Realizing that I was tired and it was getting dark I headed back to the main gate and settled down for the night.  I slept through the blizzard and checked the total wolves killed .  Four had been added so I made my way through the gates, luckily with a lit torch, and towards the tower . I heard the growl as I got to the gate so slammed it shut in his face..  there must've been five wolves or I misread the stats .  I headed up the climb and got some rifle ammo and a can of soda.  I also took a shot at the lone wolf . I'm hot sure I hit it though but time will tell.  

Ive just looted the infirmary before I head down to get the vest.  Good timing really as another blizzard just blew up.  I get the feeling there's going to be a few of those here.  But I could be wrong...

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Leeanda said:

No fizzy pop in Milton?  There is definitely something wrong with your game!

I am INCREDIBLY IMPRESSED Leeanda!  70 days on your first Stalker adventure, all over Great Bear.  You  are rocking this, dodgy shooting or not! You definitely get a trolley dash as your glittering prize!  (Or should I say rusty, squeaky and with a wonky wheel, sorry but I can do nothing about the inevitable nature of our chosen transportation).

Next morning was as usual thick murky snow.  I headed off toward the barn to see if the bunny was back.  After a lucky shot I took it inside and cooked it up and boiled some water. 

OMG Leeanda!  I would never have thought you a Bunny Boiler! I am shocked! 😄

I wasted a lot of ammo hitting the wire as they kept turning in circles and one or two even skated over to me ,which I still find funny no matter how often I see it.🙂.  

I've never seen it but your description does paint a hilarious picture!  I had a puppy pawing wolf and you had skating wolves.  What's next?  Ballerina Bears?

Realizing that I was tired and it was getting dark I headed back to the main gate and settled down for the night.  I slept through the blizzard and checked the total wolves killed .  Four had been added so I made my way through the gates, luckily with a lit torch, and towards the tower . I heard the growl as I got to the gate so slammed it shut in his face..  there must've been five wolves or I misread the stats .  I headed up the climb and got some rifle ammo and a can of soda.  I also took a shot at the lone wolf . I'm hot sure I hit it though but time will tell.  

I think this makes you count as a spree killer 😁 Hey when it comes to Great Bear wolves I'm all for it! You keep saying you can't shoot for toffee with the revolver, or in general on this run, but the evidence is begging to differ!

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, conanjaguar said:

The devs have some super sneaky places of hiding little bits of loot, it's why I always search every corner, and usually I try to use some form of lighting in case I miss something.  Not always possible of course.  It's a great way of encouraging engagement with the process though, you can get some fabulous little surprises.

However I think Leeanda is having some bad luck or bad juju in this run, there have definitely been some odd occurrences...

Edited by Sgt Socks

11 minutes ago, Sgt Socks said:

I am INCREDIBLY IMPRESSED Leeanda!  70 days on your first Stalker adventure, all over Great Bear.  You  are rocking this, dodgy shooting or not! You definitely get a trolley dash as your glittering prize!  (Or should I say rusty, squeaky and with a wonky wheel, sorry but I can do nothing about the inevitable nature of our chosen transportation).

I've never seen it but your description does paint a hilarious picture!  I had a puppy pawing wolf and you had skating wolves.  What's next?  Ballerina Bears?

I think this makes you count as a spree killer 😁 Hey when it comes to Great Bear wolves I'm all for it! You keep saying you can't shoot for toffee with the revolver, or in general on this run, but the evidence is begging to differ!

My face is splitting into an ear-to ear grin as I try in vain to suppress the snort laugh...

• Like 1

Just now, Sgt Socks said:

It is odd... Maybe the wolves got thirsty and got to them before I did..  it'd explain why they're so hyper🙂.  

It wouldn't be a trolley without the wonky wheel 🙂  but thank you. I did check before I switched it off and it's day 72.   I'm surprised the weather is still fairly mild though..  it's still in plus for feels like ,even most nights.

I don't like killing bunnies but the lack of safe food is becoming an issue. Plus the hat and gloves always take the worst damage after a mauling.  

Plus they don't take ages to fill you up like cat tails do..  

Lol.  I only hit them by sheer luck and because they kept glitching round in circles..  I used about 25 bullets and only hit them about 5 times..  the metal posts are full of holes though😁

You should see my stats🤣 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

I wish I could but it's on the Xbox...😁.     That's my excuse anyway and I'm sticking to it🤣

Damn! I was looking forward to a giggle! 🤪 I never look at mine lest I be embarrassed by my incompetence 😁 (plus I keep forgetting, my memory is as consistent as PV weather)

• Upvote 1

Damn! I was looking forward to a giggle! 🤪 I never look at mine lest I be embarrassed by my incompetence 😁 (plus I keep forgetting, my memory is as consistent as PV weather)

If I remember tomorrow I'll take a look and jot them down. 

Pv weather is very consistent...blizzard ,blizzard, blizzard,five minutes of sun,,blizzard.🤣

• Like 1

I headed down into the prison picking up the hammer ,a few needed flares and lantern oil.  I found a revolver in nearly new condition so swapped them over but only found a couple of rifle casings. I took the vest and put it on hoping it would lighten the load slightly... Needless to say it didn't,I crawled back out at a snail's pace🙂. The wolf was still running around like a demon possessed and I just walked past until I got to the broken gate.  I heard a growl ,which caught me off guard as the other wolf was still laying where I'd left him yesterday.. it seems the usual spawn rules don't apply at blackrock.  

It ran off as soon as I got the gun out so I headed into the guard room and unloaded the hammer and a few other ",unnecessary " bits.. 

As I settled down for the night another Aurora kicked in..  Ah I see, it's going to be like that is it ,was the thought that came to mind.. three aurora in a row made my mind up for me.. that and being overburdened again anyway😁

The next morning I picked up the hide gunpowders and other few bits I'd need further down the line and headed off home.. I didn't get far before the howling started and a pack of timbers turned up..  I lit a flare and keeping to the edge as much as possible made my way to the exit.. I expected them to give up near the crashed lorry area but they followed right to the exit itself.  

The fog had descended and I made my way through both passes without stopping. I saw no wolves at all and only one bunny in the narrowest part of the trail in keepers north.. I left him alone though and picked a few cat tails instead.  I got back to pv farm in silence,no howls,wolves or bunnies anywhere.  I read on the porch until it got too dark then headed in for the night. 

While I decide where to go next I thought I'd do a spot of fishing so I don't have to worry about food so much. Plus it'll help get cooking up.  

I spent two days there until I woke on day three to a bitterly cold blizzard ,I'd run out of wood and harvested all of it nearby already. I thought I might still be warm enough in the hut but after reading for an hour I was close to freezing. I grabbed four fish and headed to the mystery exit to warm up.  That's where I am now ,waiting for the weather to settle down ,still wondering where to head next.. Ash seems appealing but the walk doesn't. 

I see myself heading to mystery lake later on but I'm so fickle I could end up anywhere 😁 

• Upvote 3

@Sgt Socks 

If you think yours is bad ,you should see mine...

So here it is..🙂

Rifle shots fired.  36.          Hits.  8 

Revolver shots fired.  169.        Hits.  33 

Flare gun shots.  7.              Hits. 0 

And in 73 days I've had  66 sprains.  .

Quite frankly I should've died on day two with stats like that.

• Like 1

@Sgt Socks 

If you think yours is bad ,you should see mine...

So here it is..🙂

Rifle shots fired.  36.          Hits.  8 

Revolver shots fired.  169.        Hits.  33 

Flare gun shots.  7.              Hits. 0 

And in 73 days I've had  66 sprains.  .

Quite frankly I should've died on day two with stats like that.

*splutters trying not to laugh*

Well, umm, well... you're still alive!! 🤣

I think you've been carrying round your own little leprechaun with those stats, haven't you? Come on, admit it!

Actually can I come and rub your head? Maybe it will bring me some surviving luck too!  Just zip by Ash when you're out running like the wind 😁

• Upvote 1

Needless to say it didn't,I crawled back out at a snail's pace🙂.

Nope, the slowest walk trophy stays with me 🤪🤣

I heard a growl ,which caught me off guard as the other wolf was still laying where I'd left him yesterday.. it seems the usual spawn rules don't apply at blackrock.  

That is weird.  But then again I coming to expect weird from your runs, it seems you aren't kidding when you say you get all the strange bugs.  I was caught off guard by one of my dead wolves coming back more quickly than I thought, or it could have been a different wolf.  Or wishful thinking.  Or all of the above!

I saw no wolves at all and only one bunny in the narrowest part of the trail in keepers north.. I left him alone though and picked a few cat tails instead. 

I hate killing the bunnies too 😔 I've got a pile of dead bunnies to harvest at the moment, I really don't like having to resort to taking so many!  I rather like the cattails, they give me something to chew on.  I wish there were more of them!

While I decide where to go next I thought I'd do a spot of fishing so I don't have to worry about food so much. Plus it'll help get cooking up.  

Me too.  The weight of them annoys me though, although a good way to get some oil too.  I was considering doing a no found food challenge but my Ash adventure has totally put me off that idea! (especially as there is absolutely no point me using the bow).  If you think your stats are bad then my bow stats would be a whole new low!

still wondering where to head next.. Ash seems appealing but the walk doesn't. 

I see myself heading to mystery lake later on but I'm so fickle I could end up anywhere 😁 

Please come and visit! Please please bring me some coffffeeeee!!!! 

Goodness knows where you will end up chick, it's like throwing cattails in the air and trying to predict where they will land 😘

Edited by Sgt Socks
  • Upvote 1

Nope, the slowest walk trophy stays with me 🤪🤣

That is weird.  But then again I coming to expect weird from your runs, it seems you aren't kidding when you say you get all the strange bugs.  I was caught off guard by one of my dead wolves coming back more quickly than I thought, or it could have been a different wolf.  Or wishful thinking.  Or all of the above!

I hate killing the bunnies too 😔 I've got a pile of dead bunnies to harvest at the moment, I really don't like having to resort to taking so many!  I rather like the cattails, they give me something to chew on.  I wish there were more of them!

Me too.  The weight of them annoys me though, although a good way to get some oil too.  I was considering doing a no found food challenge but my Ash adventure has totally put me off that idea! (especially as there is absolutely no point me using the bow).  If you think your stats are bad then my bow stats would be a whole new low!

Please come and visit! Please please bring me some coffffeeeee!!!! 

Goodness knows where you will end up chick, it's like throwing cattails in the air and trying to predict where they will land 😘

My slowest has been in bleak..  it took me two real time hours to get from the fishing hut (nearest to) to the lighthouse and back twice.. the only reason I could actually move was because I dropped one fishing tackle🤣 

So many salmon ,such lousy weather  and impatient stubbornness is my excuse. 

Poor bunnies... I'm getting rather a collection of them too. If only there was something less likeable to slaughter ,like grouse or geese.  

Coffee and herbal tea on the way🙂.  

• Like 1

Well I didn't go to ash canyon or mystery lake.  Unusual for me but I didn't want to go anywhere in particular.  So I headed back to the farm with the intention of making arrows but once I got there I couldn't be bothered. Plus the thought of cabin fever was in the back of mind.  I spent the rest of the day reading on the porch ,and eating what I should've saved until I was desperate.  

So now I've run out of fish and I had about 10 cat tails left. So headed over to the barn to look for the bunny but no joy..  I went back to the house to check for food and found a tin of soup. At 24% condition but I took the risk anyway.  My second bout of food poisoning on the run.. at least I actually got to use the antibiotics,they normally sit there gathering dust. 

I slept for ten hours on the porch and woke while it was still dark. There was a thick green fog but I needed food so headed off , following the road to the town.  I double checked all the buildings and found nothing.  So I thought I'd follow the river and look for cat tails . There doesn't look like many but I got quite a few. I did come across a wolf who got really pushy ,I think he needed to reach his weekly quota and I thought he was going to pounce twice.   I eventually got annoyed snd turned to stare him down . I dropped the torch and just for a second I thought...mauling here we come, but it veered off and ran away. . 

I'm now in the cave between the birch forest and the hill that leads to the road debating whether to go and finish looting coastal highway.  If there's not much there I suppose I could do a spot of fishing.

Edited by Leeanda
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Leeanda said:

My slowest has been in bleak..  it took me two real time hours to get from the fishing hut (nearest to) to the lighthouse and back twice.. the only reason I could actually move was because I dropped one fishing tackle🤣 

Lol, that sounds familiar! You end up realising it's a really bad idea, that two quicker trips would be better... but bloody mindedness means you just keep on trudging! 

At least now we can dream about shopping trollies as we go 😁

Poor bunnies... I'm getting rather a collection of them too. If only there was something less likeable to slaughter ,like grouse or geese.  

Geese! YES! I *hate* Geese. I would happily go Rambo on them.

I was once attacked by a goose for absolutely no reason. The bruising, omg they are viscious!

And when I was a competitive open water swimmer, goodness me those encounters were actually dangerous. Thank the gods for support canoeists who could wield paddles on my behalf.

Coffee and herbal tea on the way🙂.  

You are a LEGEND. In real life, even when I genuinely couldn't afford to feed myself, I still bought good coffee. And I am very partial to a peppermint tea. I'll make sure I've got plenty of builder's with sugar waiting for you... it will be like a road race where I fling it at you as you zoom by!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Leeanda said:

I spent the rest of the day reading on the porch ,and eating what I should've saved until I was desperate.  

What am I going to do with you?!

But I get it, I can't resist those cans of condensed milk either. Liquid sugar. Bloody marvellous.

1 hour ago, Leeanda said:

I'm now in the cave between the birch forest and the hill that leads to the road debating whether to go and finish looting coastal highway.  If there's not much there I suppose I could do a spot of fishing.

Isn't that sometimes a bear cave? Or am I thinking of somewhere else. But as you wisely turned bears off this time I like the idea you are stealing their space 👍

Boooo Coastal Highway. However, it might be worth biting the bullet so to speak, especially if you've had the munchies at home. If anywhere is going to turn up some loot it will be there. Plus there's usually a decent supply of cattails on the river/stream on the rail track side. Unless you've already chomped your way through those of course 😁

• Upvote 1

Lol, that sounds familiar! You end up realising it's a really bad idea, that two quicker trips would be better... but bloody mindedness means you just keep on trudging! 

At least now we can dream about shopping trollies as we go 😁

Geese! YES! I *hate* Geese. I would happily go Rambo on them.

I was once attacked by a goose for absolutely no reason. The bruising, omg they are viscious!

And when I was a competitive open water swimmer, goodness me those encounters were actually dangerous. Thank the gods for support canoeists who could wield paddles on my behalf.

You are a LEGEND. In real life, even when I genuinely couldn't afford to feed myself, I still bought good coffee. And I am very partial to a peppermint tea. I'll make sure I've got plenty of builder's with sugar waiting for you... it will be like a road race where I fling it at you as you zoom by!

Get those wheels greased😁 

I don't think geese need a reason,  they are just naturally like that I think..  

(On a side note... Have you heard many of them flying over in real life?  Im lucky to hear a few every five ,-7 years or so but this year I've heard loads flying past. Very noisy too).   It was my first post on the wish list I think..   

Sorry but yukk! Peppermint tea is worse than coffee😁.  But I'll gladly take a cup of milky sweet tea. I'll bring the biscuits.👍🙂

4 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

(On a side note... Have you heard many of them flying over in real life?  Im lucky to hear a few every five ,-7 years or so but this year I've heard loads flying past. Very noisy too).   It was my first post on the wish list I think..  

We get quite a few where I live, and indeed they make a hell of a racket. But nowhere near as bad as the bloody seagulls. Rats with wings. Cull 'em all!!

6 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Sorry but yukk! Peppermint tea is worse than coffee😁.  But I'll gladly take a cup of milky sweet tea. 

Lol, well at least we won't be fighting over our drinks stash! 😄

7 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

I'll bring the biscuits.👍🙂

Choccie digestives? Please tell me they are choccie digestives!!

• Upvote 1