My first stalker run.

Leeanda

Just now, Sgt Socks said:

What am I going to do with you?!

But I get it, I can't resist those cans of condensed milk either. Liquid sugar. Bloody marvellous.

Isn't that sometimes a bear cave? Or am I thinking of somewhere else. But as you wisely turned bears off this time I like the idea you are stealing their space 👍

Boooo Coastal Highway. However, it might be worth biting the bullet so to speak, especially if you've had the munchies at home. If anywhere is going to turn up some loot it will be there. Plus there's usually a decent supply of cattails on the river/stream on the rail track side. Unless you've already chomped your way through those of course 😁

It's amazing how a 1.5 kilo fish  would fill you up in real life but in game is nearly the same as two cat tails.  

The cave on the river,as far as I know ,isn't a bear cave. I've never seen bones in it,even on loper runs on ytube.. it's a handy place to camp if you bag the birch moose though.

Not my favourite place,as you know, but needs must.  I might even be able to hit something with the revolver if I'm lucky😁. Clear the place out a bit first.

And thank you,I've already munched most of those cat tails already. Got a bit peckish during a blizzard. One of several.... 

5 hours ago, Sgt Socks said:

*splutters trying not to laugh*

Well, umm, well... you're still alive!! 🤣

I think you've been carrying round your own little leprechaun with those stats, haven't you? Come on, admit it!

Actually can I come and rub your head? Maybe it will bring me some surviving luck too!  Just zip by Ash when you're out running like the wind 😁

Sorry missed this one... 

Lol😁

I said it was bad..  

Seriously though,I have hardly ever used it and I can't see the sight like I can on the rifle.  The old eyes aren't what they used to be..    colour blindness doesn't help even though it's very slight.

I've shot at tree stumps before thinking they were wolves😁. In fairness it's usually in bad weather  though.. 

Due to health problems today I will have to just outline my days fun.  

I spent three days in coastal looting the rest of the area I'd missed before.  

Surprisingly there was only one wolf near quonset and it scarpered pretty quickly without me even firing a shot. 

On the third day the only places left to check were the fishing huts. It was too windy for torches ,again,so held a flare in case but I saw nothing until got to the cabins near the bridge.  I took the revolver out and fired a hip shot and it ran yelping- straight towards me...  It seemed to carry on past me but turned at the last minute and I got a good mauling..  half my life gone but very little clothes damage.  I do wonder if it attacked because the flare wasn't lit or it was just unlucky pathing.  Or yet another bug/glitch. 

I spent the day pulling torches and making teas and headed up to the cabin at rabbit grove. I read til dark then slept for the night.  I left coastal next morning ,fixing my hat at the ravine cave on the way.  I've headed back to pv farm ,sorted my gear out with the intention of making some arrows..  I'll have to pay a trip to pensive pond first to make sure I've  got plenty of food to last . But first I have to wait out the blizzard I've woken up to.

• Upvote 3

I spent half my time at the fishing hut but I didn't need to fish.. the first deer I've had here was the unlucky recipient of a bullet.   I didn't want to waste firewood and I wasn't sure  if the wind was too strong for a fire so risked taking the meat without any protection. Despite the loud howling I didn't see anything so just took it in smaller segments but rushed it back to the hut anyway.  

I spent the rest of the day cooking it up and boiling water.  I was going to head back to the farm but the sky looked like it was turning green and I didn't want to risk meeting an aurora wolf. 

I stayed in the hut all night sleeping in two hour bursts so I could keep an eye on the temperature.  There was no aurora unless I missed a short silent one and the temperature remained fine. 

Until I got up of course🙂.  I headed back to the farm and got lucky ... My first deer had turned up ,so I took a shot.. I missed but it ran towards the house so I crawled close and waited.  Bang.. 

The howling had been pretty remote but as I started taking the meat it got louder and louder...  I couldn't see any wolves at all but picked a few pieces and dashed into the porch.  I dropped the meat and lit torch in hand went to get the rest..  I took four steps toward the house when I heard several growls.. I turned to find three wolves right behind me..  they didn't come from the road or hill and I'd checked the field thoroughly so I'm not sure how they got there...  I walked slowly backwards towards the house ,dropped the meat and torch and got the rifle out.  I took a shot just in time.. I missed of course but they scattered anyway.. I took another shot at one of them in the distance to hopefully stop them coming back.. by now it was getting dark so I headed inside,cooked the meat up and went to bed..  

I spent the next day making arrows ,mostly to the sound of a blizzard.. good old PV 🙂 

When I went out next morning I saw a wolf laying where I'd took the random long shot before..

I can hit some grey blur in bad weather but I can't hit a bear in the behind from ,five foot away😁

Oh well...  It might improve my appalling stats if nothing else🙂 

I'm enjoying a steak on the porch watching the beautiful pink sunrise while it lasts. I can't think of a better  way to wake up in the morning🙂

Edited by Leeanda
  • Upvote 4

I haven't had much time to play this morning so I didn't get a lot done.

I switched it off to pink clear skies and switched it on to thick murky snow .. 

I thought I'd go and get the wolf skin while I  could so made my way over cautiously. .I could see a few wolves in the distance but I was willing to risk it. I got the hide and went back to the porch safely so decided to get a piece or two of meat for emergencies.  I only got a tiny piece of meat before I heard a growl . I looked up and there were two wolves not far away.. I wouldn't have had time to pull a torch so just turned and ran to the porch... I only just made it inside and slammed the door shut..  I didn't want to waste more ammo so read for an hour or so until it was quiet outside. 

I lit a torch and headed to the birch forest seeing nothing at all. Apart from wood and a few birch barks there was nothing there.

I carried on to twm hut still seeing nothing and dumped half my pack there. I checked for food but there was nothing so headed to the fishing hut . I still don't have much luck finding sticks,it seems I have the bug everywhere not just twm.. I do keep finding lots of limbs though but it's not good enough weather to risk them.. I used what sticks I had to cook one fish and boil one can of water and headed off toward the summit.. I had to rest at the cave in deer clearing but when I woke it was near blizzard condition so was forced to stay til dusk.  I got to secluded shelf as night fell so spent the night in there. Next morning I headed up to the summit in heavy winds and found how much loot I'd left behind.. 4  MREs, boxes of crackers and countless jars of mouldy peanut butter.ive left them behind for now as of course I'll be too heavy to climb back down.  

I took a new hacksaw and axe too.  I've not been keeping an eye on my axes condition on this run,I've already swapped out several when I've found them..  I broke all the crates ready for the night ,fixed my clothes up and read until dark.  I'm now waiting to see whether the weather is going to pick up ,it's a heavy but quiet  snowfall and I'm actually enjoying just watching it.  🙂

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Leeanda said:

it's a heavy but quiet  snowfall and I'm actually enjoying just watching it.  🙂

Such moments of quiet beauty are a testament to the effort and love that Hinterland put into TLD... even on Interloper, there’s time to just sit back and smell the rose hips.

• Upvote 3

Just now, conanjaguar said:

Such moments of quiet beauty are a testament to the effort and love that Hinterland put into TLD... even on Interloper, there’s time to just sit back and smell the rose hips.

It is indeed a beautiful game and Hinterland should be proud🙂

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

I left the summit at dawn.  I had intended to just look around for the best way to goat down but I went down a slope near the cave and couldn't get back up. So I was forced to keep going. Luckily I got down without a single sprain to meet a salesman one minute later.

We played hide and seek for a few minutes until i got bored and ran down to deer clearing while he was off yapping somewhere.🙂 

The lovely snug weather had turned into windy with a chance of blizzard  so I had a rest for a few hours. That was the shortest blizzard I've had yet.   I left the cave to blue skies and a  cold wind and made my slow way back to the hut without any more interruptions.  That wind always hits you in the face.

I stowed away some loot  and picked my beloved rifle back up. I really do feel lost without it🙂 

I spent a day or two just relaxing and doing a spot of fishing.  But the stick situation was still the same so I spent some time chopping up limbs too.   I did also manage to sniper the two wolves that hang around  so at least my rifle skills are improving again..  those hides will come in handy ,hopefully not too soon though.🙂

I've just packed up and left twm and I'm now in the abandoned cache having a quick rest. I might head back up to skeeters ridge as I think I missed a few spots up there .  I'm sure I'm in for some fun with the local resident,he seems very protective of that cellar.🙂

• Upvote 4

23 hours ago, Leeanda said:

The howling had been pretty remote but as I started taking the meat it got louder and louder...  I couldn't see any wolves at all but picked a few pieces and dashed into the porch.  I dropped the meat and lit torch in hand went to get the rest..  I took four steps toward the house when I heard several growls.. I turned to find three wolves right behind me..  they didn't come from the road or hill and I'd checked the field thoroughly so I'm not sure how they got there...  I walked slowly backwards towards the house ,dropped the meat and torch and got the rifle out.  I took a shot just in time.. I missed of course but they scattered anyway.. I took another shot at one of them in the distance to hopefully stop them coming back.. by now it was getting dark so I headed inside,cooked the meat up and went to bed..  

Omg Omg OMG!!!!  Those bloody wolves were waiting for you to finish harvesting it!  And three wolves?  My stomach dropped into my slippers just reading this.  This is exactly why I stopped playing Stalker 😳 Thank goodness the shot scared them off.  That could have gotten very nasty very fast with three of them.  Good grief.

23 hours ago, Leeanda said:

I can hit some grey blur in bad weather but I can't hit a bear in the behind from ,five foot away😁

Oh well...  It might improve my appalling stats if nothing else🙂 

I snort laughed at this! 😄 I do that as well, the difficult shots I get, the easy ones I make a complete hash of it. TLD Murphy at it again! 

(and I vow to make a bow next long run so that you can laugh at my stats, it will make you feel much better 😁)

6 hours ago, Leeanda said:

Next morning I headed up to the summit in heavy winds and found how much loot I'd left behind.. 4  MREs, boxes of crackers and countless jars of mouldy peanut butter.ive left them behind for now as of course I'll be too heavy to climb back down.  

I took a new hacksaw and axe too.  I've not been keeping an eye on my axes condition on this run,I've already swapped out several when I've found them..  I broke all the crates ready for the night ,fixed my clothes up and read until dark. 

Your cooking is probably up near level 5 now isn't it?  You'll be able to munch on the mouldy stuff with no worries then 😊 Bloody tough choice though, food or tools to help keep you warm.  It's not as if the TWM ropes are short either, at least at shorter ones like in PV for example, you can do a couple of runs up and down easily.  But in the cold at TWM?  Nope.

6 hours ago, Leeanda said:

I'm now waiting to see whether the weather is going to pick up ,it's a heavy but quiet  snowfall and I'm actually enjoying just watching it.  🙂

I spend a lot of time doing just this.  It's why I include so many scenery shots in my diary.  This is such a stunningly immersive game it would be criminal to let these moments pass by.  Even some of the moody skies are beautiful too.  In fact it's just a beautiful game full stop.  

just packed up and left twm and I'm now in the abandoned cache having a quick rest. I might head back up to skeeters ridge as I think I missed a few spots up there .  I'm sure I'm in for some fun with the local resident,he seems very protective of that cellar.🙂

Oh this wolf is a proper pain in the behind! Do you remember the comedy moment I had in my first diary?  Coming out of the cellar with him *right in front of me* pawing the ground like a puppy? 😄 He is certainly near the top of the "Most Pushy Salesman" category!

• Upvote 1

Omg Omg OMG!!!!  Those bloody wolves were waiting for you to finish harvesting it!  And three wolves?  My stomach dropped into my slippers just reading this.  This is exactly why I stopped playing Stalker 😳 Thank goodness the shot scared them off.  That could have gotten very nasty very fast with three of them.  Good grief.

I snort laughed at this! 😄 I do that as well, the difficult shots I get, the easy ones I make a complete hash of it. TLD Murphy at it again! 

(and I vow to make a bow next long run so that you can laugh at my stats, it will make you feel much better 😁)

Your cooking is probably up near level 5 now isn't it?  You'll be able to munch on the mouldy stuff with no worries then 😊 Bloody tough choice though, food or tools to help keep you warm.  It's not as if the TWM ropes are short either, at least at shorter ones like in PV for example, you can do a couple of runs up and down easily.  But in the cold at TWM?  Nope.

I spend a lot of time doing just this.  It's why I include so many scenery shots in my diary.  This is such a stunningly immersive game it would be criminal to let these moments pass by.  Even some of the moody skies are beautiful too.  In fact it's just a beautiful game full stop.  

Oh this wolf is a proper pain in the behind! Do you remember the comedy moment I had in my first diary?  Coming out of the cellar with him *right in front of me* pawing the ground like a puppy? 😄 He is certainly near the top of the "Most Pushy Salesman" category!

The MREs and crackers were ok ,it was just the PB I left. I've two lots of food poisoning already ,I didn't fancy another one so soon.🙂 I'm on level 4 at the moment,surprising seeing as most of my food is cans and packets ( much like real life😁).   Even sewing is level 4 ,just . The only low ones are archery and blacksmithing.  I was expecting to die before I need to craft ammo if I'm honest..  the temperature isn't too bad ,there's only been a few times when it's been under 0c feels like,but it's certainly getting lower now.  

I remember 🙂.  I know that's a tricky place to get in and out of,that's why I missed bits the first time round.  

It is indeed  a beautiful game , I've spent quite a lot of time just standing there admiring the views.  It's even better when the music kicks in.. I love the desolation piece the most but it's all beautiful...  Even the wolf tracking you one,which is new to me on this run.🙂

• Upvote 1

I left the abandoned cache and headed up to skeeters ridge but I was met by two wolves. I climbed up the large rock nearest the plane and spent five minutes playing peek a boo.  I sidled down the steep side where they couldn't get me but I kept seeing a head peeking over every time I stood up.  

This game makes me laugh sometimes 😁.  I would've carried on for longer but the wind was picking up so I sidled down and snuck off to the cellar. Apparently i hadn't been here before . I looted what there was and nipped into the cave to check there too. After a quick nap I headed off down the hill to the river when suddenly ... ambushed!! I had no warning at all.. It must've been lurking near the fallen tree and I got a thorough mauling.   I lit a flare and just in time as it came back for round two. I dropped the flare and got the gun out ,took a random shot and it scarpered.   I seem to be having some issues on this run.. instead of the revolver coming out first ,the rifle is instead,at  half the time. Not sure why.. 

I bandaged myself up and used half my omb  supplies and headed off back towards the farm.  I got followed twice across the fields and just got to the door before the flare ran out.  I sorted my loot out and checked my clothes for damage.  Except for slight damage on one ear wrap everything was surprisingly intact.  I stood on the porch,drank a birch tea and read until it was dark.. I spent the night sleeping through a blizzard.

Next morning was lousy weather ,and it wasn't long before another blizzard blew up. I read until late afternoon ,but my food was running low so I decided to head to pensive pond.  After chopping up a table or two I headed up there just as the sun was setting. I had a few pieces of venison so ate my fill and bedded down for the night. Until next morning I hadn't needed any fire so I'm glad I didn't waste any wood.  I decided to get more fish as a standby for future use but my line snapped after ten minutes..  I had a few anyway so I wasn't too worried. Unfortunately a blizzard decided to rear it's head and I was forced to use the wood to keep warm.. even in the hut it was -6c feels like. Seems like the weather has started it's decline. I honestly thought it would've kicked in much earlier.  This is weird bug no. 2. .I couldn't pick up and move fish outside the hut unless I put it in my inventory first.  It was fine with the venison and wood,  just not the fish.

Once the weather cleared I decided to head back to mystery lake and as soon as I got through the dam ,blizzard one kicked in . I spent the night inside the dam and next morning headed out into thick snow.  I wanted to get some cat tails from below the bridge but a wolf decided I didn't deserve any.. he followed behind very closely until I got the gun out.  He ran off and I headed toward camp office staying high to avoid wolves on the tracks.. 

By the time I got to the office blizzard no.2 had arrived so I spent time reading. I now had no food left except a few cat tails so headed out to the lake to fish.. I chose the one nearest the bear cave  but headed into the cabin first to break up some furniture.  Blizzard no.3.  I read for a while,ate a few cat tails and slept til dawn.  I'd been fishing for two hours before blizzard no 4 turned up.  And boy was it a cold one. I lit a fire and cooked up the few fish I'd caught. It stopped just as the sun went down so took a fish and spent the night in the cabin.   I've just woken up and stepped outside..

Into another blizzard..  . Seems I'll be reading again for a while.  🙂

• Upvote 3

Switching the game back on I stepped out into blue skies instead of the blizzard I left earlier.

I spent two days fishing and chopping up wood.. blizzards 6&7 but soon realised that I was eating just as quickly as catching them.. so not a long term solution. I headed back to camp office wondering where to go next. I haven't really searched forlorn or broken railroad properly yet but neither really appealed  so thought I'd stay here and check a few places again.. 

As I left the office I spied the deer up near the tracks.  Its the first time he's been there and I needed food. I stayed crouched on the porch and hoped my lousy skills would let me hit him.

One lucky shot brought him down.   I hope @ManicManiaccan forgive me but I was desperate.

I didn't like the wind but risked lighting a fire anyway.. just as it got halfway through I heard a very loud growl... I panicked and tried to cancel it but of course I couldn't.😁 Then I realised if I had been able to I would've had a mauling.   In my defence I've never had to make a random fire while there's a possibility of being surrounded by hostile animals before.   I stoked the fire up and fired a hip shot . He ran but not far ,I didn't even have time to check the time on the fire ,I fired another shot and he ran again.  I took a tiny piece of meat before I heard the bark,so I got my rifle out ,aimed ,and he ran towards me yelping. I wasn't sure if he was going for me or past me so kept the aim on him as much as I could... He ran past me so closely that aiming didn't work but I swung round and took a shot just before he disappeared over the tracks.. 

I just caught him and he went down.  Breathing a sigh of relief I got started on the deer meat,being very careful to cut small pieces only and keeping an eye on the fire .  Since I've been in mystery lake the only sounds I've heard  are very high winds and howling.. so I sat there cooking the meat wondering if I was hearing things or there were still wolves close by.. it's quite unnerving ..especially since I can still hear them and the games been off for an hour😁

I finished the meat and lugged it back to the office ,just as it got dark.  I ate a steak and headed to bed still not sure where to go after I'd finished here. I left camp office to heavy winds and light snow and headed to trappers. I saw nothing at all,no wolves deer or bunnies. I haven't seen anything outside trappers cabin on this run so I'm wondering if it's another bug or I'm just really unlucky. I've just gone inside  and checked for missed loot ,to the sound of roaring winds.  

I'm not in a rush to leave and it would be a nice way to mark 100 days with all my limbs in one piece🙂

• Upvote 3

I'M HERE! I bring sweet milky tea and shortbread 🧡

7 hours ago, Leeanda said:

I climbed up the large rock nearest the plane and spent five minutes playing peek a boo.  I sidled down the steep side where they couldn't get me but I kept seeing a head peeking over every time I stood up.  

Oh this has made my day! Proper laughed out loud and can just picture it! 😄😄😄 I reckon the wolves up there are just young un's. Your two liked playing peek a boo with you and mine was pawing the ground like a playful puppy 😁 Shame about the very sharp teeth cos it would be too damn cute otherwise. It's going to take quite a while for this image to leave me, I keep grinning 😁

and nipped into the cave to check there too. After a quick nap I headed off down the hill to the river when suddenly ... ambushed!! I had no warning at all.. It must've been lurking near the fallen tree and I got a thorough mauling. 

I *always* have trouble with this wolf too. Even though I know he's there and take precautions, I've had more maulings by him than I can count. I think he is a spy wolf because he sure does come out of the shadows at you. I feel your pain!

instead of the revolver coming out first ,the rifle is instead,at  half the time. Not sure why.. 

🤷‍♀️ who the hell knows. This is odd. I don't think I've ever had the rifle come out first. When somewhere safe, perhaps try dropping both weapons then pick up the revolver first then the rifle. See what happens. Then do it again but the other way round. Be interesting to see what happens...

Next morning was lousy weather ,and it wasn't long before another blizzard blew up. I read until late afternoon ,but my food was running low so I decided to head to pensive pond.  

Gotta love PV!

This is weird bug no. 2. .I couldn't pick up and move fish outside the hut unless I put it in my inventory first.  

I don't know what you did to upset The Great Bear Gods but they sure do like throwing the weird stuff at you! I've had the occasional strange thing but you seem to attract it like bees to honey!

Seems like the weather has started it's decline. I honestly thought it would've kicked in much earlier.  

Oh when it starts to bite you'll know it. It bites hard. I play a lot of my games with increased cold over time. 100 days ish is about right. You might find you *have* to spend a bit more time indoors. Or if you can't because of cabin fever, time for that Ravine cave jolly. It does make things increasingly tricky!

Although there have been a couple of occasions when it seemed to *start* like that, I kept getting cold even though I had bear coat, military coat, two fisherman's sweaters plus excellent other kit all round way before day 100 (I was lucky with the bear spawn and looting that run). If you are turning into an ice lolly in all that clobber early on something isn't quite right!

One lucky shot brought him down.   I hope @ManicManiaccan forgive me but I was desperate.

You need to eat chick. Sometimes we have to take bunnies and deer. However because we are thankful for them, and only take what need when we have to, we can be absolved.

headed to trappers. I saw nothing at all,no wolves deer or bunnies. I haven't seen anything outside trappers cabin on this run so I'm wondering if it's another bug or I'm just really unlucky.

I'm not sure... I would have said maybe the animals decreasing over time is showing, but its been like that since the start for you. I think it's likely one of your own personal bugs my darling... Trapper's is one of the most reliable places for *something* to show at least 🤷‍♀️

I'm not in a rush to leave and it would be a nice way to mark 100 days with all my limbs in one piece🙂

I'm sorry, what?! You're *not* in a rush to leave? I nearly choked on my dinner! 😄

I think you should take a bit of breather. Put your feet up in the lovely peace and cosiness of Trapper's and rest. Enjoy a little bit of pottering gathering wood and such with no fear of being chomped.

I think you should absolutely do something special for 100 days... I am brimming with pride! 100 days on your first Stalker run? THAT is something to celebrate. I'll make sure to add extra shortbread and tea bags for the party 🥳🧡

• Upvote 1

I'M HERE! I bring sweet milky tea and shortbread 🧡

Oh this has made my day! Proper laughed out loud and can just picture it! 😄😄😄 I reckon the wolves up there are just young un's. Your two liked playing peek a boo with you and mine was pawing the ground like a playful puppy 😁 Shame about the very sharp teeth cos it would be too damn cute otherwise. It's going to take quite a while for this image to leave me, I keep grinning 😁

I *always* have trouble with this wolf too. Even though I know he's there and take precautions, I've had more maulings by him than I can count. I think he is a spy wolf because he sure does come out of the shadows at you. I feel your pain!

🤷‍♀️ who the hell knows. This is odd. I don't think I've ever had the rifle come out first. When somewhere safe, perhaps try dropping both weapons then pick up the revolver first then the rifle. See what happens. Then do it again but the other way round. Be interesting to see what happens...

Gotta love PV!

I don't know what you did to upset The Great Bear Gods but they sure do like throwing the weird stuff at you! I've had the occasional strange thing but you seem to attract it like bees to honey!

Oh when it starts to bite you'll know it. It bites hard. I play a lot of my games with increased cold over time. 100 days ish is about right. You might find you *have* to spend a bit more time indoors. Or if you can't because of cabin fever, time for that Ravine cave jolly. It does make things increasingly tricky!

Although there have been a couple of occasions when it seemed to *start* like that, I kept getting cold even though I had bear coat, military coat, two fisherman's sweaters plus excellent other kit all round way before day 100 (I was lucky with the bear spawn and looting that run). If you are turning into an ice lolly in all that clobber early on something isn't quite right!

You need to eat chick. Sometimes we have to take bunnies and deer. However because we are thankful for them, and only take what need when we have to, we can be absolved.

I'm not sure... I would have said maybe the animals decreasing over time is showing, but its been like that since the start for you. I think it's likely one of your own personal bugs my darling... Trapper's is one of the most reliable places for *something* to show at least 🤷‍♀️

I'm sorry, what?! You're *not* in a rush to leave? I nearly choked on my dinner! 😄

I think you should take a bit of breather. Put your feet up in the lovely peace and cosiness of Trapper's and rest. Enjoy a little bit of pottering gathering wood and such with no fear of being chomped.

I think you should absolutely do something special for 100 days... I am brimming with pride! 100 days on your first Stalker run? THAT is something to celebrate. I'll make sure to add extra shortbread and tea bags for the party 🥳🧡

I've never had a wolf down there on pilgrim so really didn't expect one today. 

Given the weather I'm glad it didn't wreck my clothes.  

Both very odd bugs.. it's still done it after I've left the rifle indoors and picked it back up two days later..  as for the fish I have no idea.. 

Just me being me as usual 😁

I don't know about trappers but I did notice on other runs that the deer only turn up in the afternoons in mostly good weather..  this morning was anything but good weather,I've never seen so many blizzards in mystery lake.  Still doesn't explain where they were earlier though..

Well I wasn't in a rush to leave today but I'm fickle so I'll probably hightail it out of there in the morning.😁. Unless I switch it back on to a blizzard.

I mentioned @ManicManiac because it's his special friend in the game he calls The prince '.    I didn't want to but I had no choice.  I don't like killing bunnies or deer ,and I never kill deer on pilgrim because they're not needed. 

This one though is special. 

I'm not sure how I can celebrate ,I never thought I'd get this far but maybe a night under the stars at marsh ridge (depending on the weather ) with a cuppa and my last choccy bar.  I do love the views up there. 🙂

• Upvote 2

I think that sounds like a perfect celebration! Watching the incredible skies and taking in your favourite views? Perfect 👌

It's been a while since I've been to Marsh Ridge. I keep dying before I make it! I loved it though, and spending a little holiday in the basin. Good Moose hunting too.

Edited by Sgt Socks
  • Upvote 1

Day 99 was spent quietly..  I made my way from trappers up to marsh ridge without any agro..  I spent the day collecting mushrooms and what little bark there was and set a trap .  I got a fire going and went in search of the only resident deer. It was foggy but not too bad, but with my eyesight it was still difficult to see it. Luckily it only took two shots to bring it down and I spent the afternoon cooking it up along with some teas and water. It cleared briefly but by dusk a thick fog returned.  I slept outside for a few hours until the wind picked up ,then headed into the cave to sleep.  I popped outside every few hours to check for an aurora but none.  I gave up and woke to what I thought was dawn proper but when I went out the sky was lit with beautiful greens and purple.  A stunning way to spend the beginning of day 100. I stood next to the rope climb watching the aurora until it faded.  🙂

I checked the snare , harvested the rabbit and left it there to cure. 

Well the peace didn't last very long.... 

I followed the cliff edge staying as high as it would let me knowing full well that there were wolves around..  I heard a growl and looked down the hill but couldn't see anything. Just as I turned my head left I got a brief glimpse of a snarling face before he pounced..   the tiny rocks I couldn't get over had been his hiding spot...  I got up,thinking I was still holding the flare and tried to patch myself up ,just as I got the omb on I got another mauling.  At least the second one was short. Confused I looked round and saw my flare a few metres away..  panicking I ran back to grab it and just got it in time to prevent another attack.   Luckily I only took about 45% damage and my clothes got off very lightly.    I drank a tea and headed back to camp office without seeing anything else..    I stayed there for the night listening to the radio for a while then bed.  I made my way to the dam next morning as I needed to get back to pv farm to fix my hat and gloves. Everything was quiet until I got down the second stairs and just near the first turn down to the ice.. I was greeted by a growl so took a hip shot ,it actually hit it as well,so he ran to the corner yelping.  Two seconds later I heard another growl  so took out my gun(rifle again instead of revolver bug) and took a shot. Another hit but not a kill.  I needed to get going so tried to get past carefully as now both were stuck in different corners going in circles. Somehow I edged past without getting a mauling and made my way to the cave and home.  

I turned left out the cave ,thinking it was safe as I've never seen a wolf near that bear cave before but today I think the game is trying to tell me something..

He came from up near signal hill and got very close. I took a random hip shot and again got lucky and hit him.. I made my way back to the farm expecting a multiple ambush but saw nothing.. I spent the rest of the day fixing my gear up and boiling water.  I only had one piece of meat left so next morning I headed up to pensive again to do a spot of fishing. I ate the last of the deer meat from there and settled down to fish.. I got about eight but they were mostly very small so I cooked up what I could and slept in there for the night as an aurora turned up. I had no wish to go roaming around during one of those and I could hear the howling not too far away.

I've just woken up to grey thick fog and again wondering where to go next.

If the game will let me anyway...🙂

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

A stunning way to spend the beginning of day 100. I stood next to the rope climb watching the aurora until it faded.  🙂

🥳️ !! CONGRATULATIONS !! 🥳

I'm so glad you got an aurora for your celebration. You really should be chuffed with yourself. 100 days on Stalker is no mean feat, especially on your first try.

Extra special shortbread on its way to you! 💝

27 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

I only had one piece of meat left so next morning 

What an absolute nightmare you've had! I'm so glad you're alive.

Just thinking... we're you carrying meat on you? That could explain the wolf deluge. 

If not, we'll, sadly that is Stalker. You only have to breathe and they attack you 😳

🥳️ !! CONGRATULATIONS !! 🥳

I'm so glad you got an aurora for your celebration. You really should be chuffed with yourself. 100 days on Stalker is no mean feat, especially on your first try.

Extra special shortbread on its way to you! 💝

What an absolute nightmare you've had! I'm so glad you're alive.

Just thinking... we're you carrying meat on you? That could explain the wolf deluge. 

If not, we'll, sadly that is Stalker. You only have to breathe and they attack you 😳

Thank you..🙂.  It's getting tougher I must admit... The only loot left is in places I'm either not too familiar with or have no desire to go back to.

I'm not far off level 5 cooking so at least I'll be able to eat some of those wolves ..  

That wolf was very quiet until it was too late... I certainly didn't expect him to be that high up... Even I couldn't get up any higher.. I did have a small piece on me but no stink meter.  

1 hour ago, Leeanda said:

I did have a small piece on me but no stink meter.  

This will be it chick. The stink meter is a good reference but even one small piece that doesn't register massively increases the risk - especially on Stalker where predator sense of smell is off the charts.

This is the write up to illustrate:

• While the gauge has three different indicators, scent doesn't actually have hard breaking points. For example, carrying a single piece of freshly cooked meat will not register on the scent meter, but will still provide enough scent for predators to track
  • Upvote 1

This will be it chick. The stink meter is a good reference but even one small piece that doesn't register massively increases the risk - especially on Stalker where predator sense of smell is off the charts.

This is the write up to illustrate:

• While the gauge has three different indicators, scent doesn't actually have hard breaking points. For example, carrying a single piece of freshly cooked meat will not register on the scent meter, but will still provide enough scent for predators to track

Thank you. I wasn't aware of that.