My first stalker run.

Leeanda

@Sgt Socks 

It was definitely an odd event, even by my standards. I've had some weird bugs in my time but that was something else..

I think I made the gloves and hat just in time,while I'm still in the feels like plus figures  it's definitely getting worse . High winds and blizzards are more frequent  so I need all the help I can get. 

Lol.   If only those signs would work on the wolves😁

I left the plant again expecting some kind of ambush but nothing.. I made my way to the cave and the ammo I was hoping would be in there..  it didn't take long for our friend to turn up. I dropped the torch and took a shot and it ran off bleeding heavily.  With my eyesight it's hard to see a grey wolf against grey stone even with the torch light.  I could hear it running around yelping and as I walked around I stumbled into it twice. It was still panicking though so didn't get attacked..  I was running low on torches anyway so made a fire and sat and waited .. three times I saw it and tried to shoot it dead but the pesky thing was playing with me..   after a while I got up and went to find it. I took a wrong turn and ended up near the exit😁

As I turned back he appeared right in front of me,so I dropped the torch and before I could aim properly he pounced..  he must have died mid pounce as again as soon as I chose a weapon it was over.. I got up off the floor to find him lying there.. I took hardly any damage at all but still needed meds.. I might have to carry a bottle soon but I'm so overburdened already I might not be able to walk.😁. I'd forgotten I was still carrying the hammer and hacksaw.. 

I searched the cave and got ammo and an MRE so it was worth the visit. 

I decided to leave and headed off via the mine and the church,stopping at Katie's secluded corner too.  A good condition bow and a couple of arrows will come in useful later. 

I've just reached the other end of the mine exit and dumped the hammer there.. 

I might spend some time looting coastal properly tomorrow.

Edited by Leeanda
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

I was running low on torches anyway so made a fire and eat and waited .. three times I saw it and tried to shoot it dead but the pesky thing was playing with me..   

You're braver than me! I just run in and run out as quickly as possible! Normally the wolves don't scare me as much as the bears but that cave and that wolf... gulp...

5 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

took a wrong turn and ended up near the exit😁

I'm *always* doing this in caves! I have taken to leaving piles of stones, sticks, left over food cans etc as a little Minotaur trail to try and prevent walking round in circles for so long I run out of light sources! (And that has happened many a time 🤦‍♀️)

8 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

As I turned back he appeared right in front of me,so I dropped the torch and before I could aim properly he pounced..  he must have died mid pounce as again as soon as I chose a weapon it was over.. I got up off the floor to find him lying there..

Oh my gosh! My heart was in my mouth reading this. It was like my second battle with the bear.... but you weren't stupidly Kamikaze like me. Nicely done 👍

12 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

I might not be able to walk.😁. I'd forgotten I was still carrying the hammer and hacksaw.

That's my trick!

13 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

I might spend some time looting coastal properly tomorrow.

Oh it's got to be done. Just think how much loot CH has for your shopping trolley....

4 minutes ago, Sgt Socks said:

You're braver than me! I just run in and run out as quickly as possible! Normally the wolves don't scare me as much as the bears but that cave and that wolf... gulp...

I'm *always* doing this in caves! I have taken to leaving piles of stones, sticks, left over food cans etc as a little Minotaur trail to try and prevent walking round in circles for so long I run out of light sources! (And that has happened many a time 🤦‍♀️)

Oh my gosh! My heart was in my mouth reading this. It was like my second battle with the bear.... but you weren't stupidly Kamikaze like me. Nicely done 👍

That's my trick!

Oh it's got to be done. Just think how much loot CH has for your shopping trolley....

I'm still overweight ,very..😁. One trolley might not be enough.🤣 

He was all over the place in there. I'm used to being mauled, but weirdly I enjoy it.. it was rather a creepy silhouette though.   

Thank you... I think it was more reflex than anything else.  Just glad at my age I still have some😁

18 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

I'm still overweight ,very..😁. One trolley might not be enough.🤣 

I was carrying 65kg on the way out of PV. 20kg overweight 😵

@conanjaguarsuggested I needed a dump truck, which I think is a bloody marvellous idea!

But I still want to join you in a Thelma & Louise trolley ride down the hill leaving a bear in our wake!

There is something appealing about being the crazy old bird pushing her trolley full of "stuff" 😁

.I'm used to being mauled, but weirdly I enjoy it.

OK. Yes. You are weird 🤪😄

Thank you... I think it was more reflex than anything else.  Just glad at my age I still have some😁

Streaker will never have problems with her reactions because of age. She is Grey Mother on Stims 😉

Edited by Sgt Socks
  • Upvote 1

When I switched my game on  this morning I was greeted by the sound of a blizzard again.. it wasn't there when I switched it off. So I spent half the day reading .I headed out as soon as the roar stopped , expecting a mauling somewhere along the way but saw or heard nothing.. I headed through to coastal to high winds and saw nothing until I got to misanthrope . I wasn't expecting a wolf so near the bear cave ,but a quick shot soon got rid of him.  I picked up my gear from the house and carried on still seeing nothing.. I'd just got to jackrabbit when another blizzard hit. This one lasted through the rest of the day and half the night.  I woke to blue skies but by the time I'd followed the edge of the sea to the cottages it had turned to thick murky snow again.. I did hear a growl before I went into the first cottage but it disappeared so looted the rest of them and made my way to the campground.. the snow was even thicker now and the wind was beginning to pick up..  I got to the house at rabbit grove just as blizzard no. 3 turned up..  

I wasn't in the mood to hang around indoors for days on end so decided to leave coastal only half looted.. . After lots of reading and a good night's sleep I thought I'd spend a few days in the ravine.  But the lack of animals again cut it short to just two days I did finally hear a deer just as I got to the exit into mystery but it was nowhere I could see.  

I have to admit I'm getting a bit disheartened by the lack of animals.  From crumbling highway to mystery lake and all I've seen is one wolf and one rabbit.. this is why I decided to head off to lower bleak.  Apart from three deer on the ice near the dam I saw nothing until I got to the forlorn/bleak exit.. I was expecting the wolf there anyway so approached it cautiously. It appeared suddenly in front of me but one shot scared him off and I headed to the cave.   Finally ,the unluckiest corpse has made a return.. I haven't seen him on any of my runs since blackrock was added.  The only thing he had was a blue flare but I'll take any flare I can.. 

I left the cave to high winds but clear skies . I skirted round the edge of the map still hearing and seeing nothing.  Until I got to the hunters blind nearest the trailers.. I saw them just before they saw me so I got in the hide and waited ,gun ready.. I took a shot at the first one running towards me from the Ice and it ran towards and then past me up the hill.  The second also got a hit and ran. Half the morale gone I stood and waited for a few minutes.. finally one came back and I took another shot. I know I hit it but the morale stayed the same.. 

I stood there again for maybe 5-10 minutes but nothing happened.  I left the hide and made my way down over the ice with the flare lit but saw nothing.. the morale metre finally went off as I rounded the corner to the washed out trailers.. I'm not sure why that happened but at least it saved me bullets and meds so I'm not complaining but I do wonder if yet again I have a weird bug.

I'm now in the trailer having a quick rest and wondering how to approach the cannery.  I think the stealth from above tactic might be the way to go. 

• Upvote 2

Well it started rather quietly this afternoon.  I left the trailer and headed up the hill to check for the corpse  but found a shelter and mag lens instead. So I went down to the trailers and looted them too. A few cans of food and pop and plenty of cloth. Something I would soon need .. 

My plan was to go to the rocks above the cannery and quietly sniper a few wolves but they saw or heard me before I got there.  I shimmied down onto an almost vertical slope out of their reach . An annoying ten minutes of cat and mouse ensued but I only killed one. I stood and waited for a few minutes wondering why they'd gone quiet ,so slipped off the rock with a flare in hand. 

The nearly full morale metre went off just as I got to the trailer door. I had a quick look round and headed out expecting them to re-,set but nothing.   I wanted to unlock the door that night so I made my way up and over the obstacle course and settled down to wait . Instead I got a blizzard so slept until dawn.  I spent the rest of the day reading and teasing the timbers who'd been hanging around since late morning.  That night the aurora turned up ,lucky as it's only the second one I've had in over fifty days.   I nearly forgot about our friend inside but I certainly won't in future runs. 

I knew I had to face him so lit a blue flare and went in.  In the middle of the room I could see it just standing there growling so dropped the flare and took a shot.. I clipped it once and completely missed with the second.  I was too late to get a third shot ..  I got a very good mailing,which wasn't helped by the fact that I couldn't pick the right weapon again.. by the time I got up and grabbed the flare next to me trying to leave ,I got mauling number two.  I made a beeline to the door and just got out in the nick of time.. I was down to about 5% health. I took a stim and bandaged my three wounds ,sprain and two infection risk's. Took painkillers and drank a herbal tea. I got a fire going in the barrel and made some more teas and water.  I passed an hour or two just to make sure my health wasn't still going down and slept in two hour segments.  

I woke to a blizzard with a it's me or you attitude so headed back inside to either kill or be killed ,or to find a carcass. But it was nowhere.  I searched the place thoroughly and it's gone. I found my revolver on the floor though ,I was in such a hurry to get out of there that I didn't notice I'd dropped it last night. I also found another hiding with some much needed ammo in it.  

I'm by the barrel now wondering where the wolf went. Is it only there during the Aurora or have I just got another bug?  

• Upvote 2

Bloody hell fire chick. That certainly is the meaning of "by the skin of your teeth" 🙈

I am so impressed! And I can imagine you stomping in the next day full of spit and vinegar. I have absolutely no idea about whether he should still be there or not, seeing as I'm a scaredy cat when it comes to Timberwolves!

And of course it gave you a blizzard. Of course it did. Thanks game.

I was holding my breath reading this, I was worried you would be saying your run was over. But you handled it like a Stalker Pro 👍

7 hours ago, Leeanda said:

@Sgt Socks

I just had an image of the grey mother streaking....not a pleasant image😁

🤣🤣🤣 STOP IT!!!! 🤣🤣🤣

7 hours ago, Leeanda said:

@Sgt Socks. That's a lot of loot maybe that dump truck is a good idea.. and as long as we can Thelma and Louise it around great bear I'm happy😁 

Two crazy  bag ladies ,watch out Mathis here we come🙂

Indeed, I could barely move! The thing is I collect *everything*, right down to books to help start a fire. Please don't ask me why because I know it makes no sense!

There will always be time for us to Thelma & Louise down the hill in our shopping trollies yelling teasing obscenities at the bear we would never repeat here!

*snort giggle* I have no idea why but I love the idea of being a crazy bag lady with you 😄

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Sgt Socks said:

Bloody hell fire chick. That certainly is the meaning of "by the skin of your teeth" 🙈

I am so impressed! And I can imagine you stomping in the next day full of spit and vinegar. I have absolutely no idea about whether he should still be there or not, seeing as I'm a scaredy cat when it comes to Timberwolves!

And of course it gave you a blizzard. Of course it did. Thanks game.

I was holding my breath reading this, I was worried you would be saying your run was over. But you handled it like a Stalker Pro 👍

Well it certainly showed me who's boss.🙂.  Last time I got in a fight with that wolf I lost.  I bled to death outside,that was on a  pilgrim run.  It was also my son's fault because he kept saying I was a lousy shot ,so I gave him the gun and he got the mailing.🤣  

He should still be there on your run ,Its not a timber in there it's an ordinary one ,so be careful. 

Im not used to being that bad so I was second guessing myself about using the stim..   still it's better to be safe than sorry.

5 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Well it certainly showed me who's boss.🙂.  Last time I got in a fight with that wolf I lost.  I bled to death outside,that was on a  pilgrim run.  It was also my son's fault because he kept saying I was a lousy shot ,so I gave him the gun and he got the mailing.🤣  

He should still be there on your run ,Its not a timber in there it's an ordinary one ,so be careful. 

Im not used to being that bad so I was second guessing myself about using the stim..   still it's better to be safe than sorry.

Gulp. Thank you *so much* for the warning, I actually didn't know that! I genuinely don't think I'd have coped well with a shock like that 😵💫

Had to laugh at it being your son that got you killed last time. Now you can tell him that he died on Pilgrim and you won on Stalker! 😁 I'm a very good shot but in some of the battles TLD throws at us you just don't get the chance. It's fire from the hip and hope like hell luck is on our side!

I never actually use stims but I think I will take one with me when I go, judging from what you've said 😳

7 minutes ago, Sgt Socks said:

🤣🤣🤣 STOP IT!!!! 🤣🤣🤣

Indeed, I could barely move! The thing is I collect *everything*, right down to books to help start a fire. Please don't ask me why because I know it makes no sense!

There will always be time for us to Thelma & Louise down the hill in our shopping trollies yelling teasing obscenities at the bear we would never repeat here!

*snort giggle* I have no idea why but I love the idea of being a crazy bag lady with you 😄

You are indeed the master of hoarding..  I only pick up most things then dump enough off at one place on each map until I'm light enough to walk again.  

I never touch the sardines any more. Not even on this run when I've been starving to death.  

The books are good to have around before level three anyway so it's sensible to take them. 

Ah !the sound of the wind in our ears and the rustling of carrier bags as we zoom down the road in pleasant valley.  Magical😁

1 minute ago, Leeanda said:

You are indeed the master of hoarding..  

It's weird because I'm absolutely nothing like that in real life, well except my art materials. But everything else I prefer to keep light. What can I say, I am a strange and unusual bird 🤷‍♀️

3 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Ah !the sound of the wind in our ears and the rustling of carrier bags as we zoom down the road in pleasant valley.  Magical😁

And the squeaking of the trolley wheels matching the squeaking of our knees... I can see us now! That road is perfect for our epic trolley race, we just need to make sure we watch out for that tree and crashed truck part way down lest the bear catch us up because we're buried under a pile of packed carrier bags!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Sgt Socks said:

Gulp. Thank you *so much* for the warning, I actually didn't know that! I genuinely don't think I'd have coped well with a shock like that 😵💫

Had to laugh at it being your son that got you killed last time. Now you can tell him that he died on Pilgrim and you won on Stalker! 😁 I'm a very good shot but in some of the battles TLD throws at us you just don't get the chance. It's fire from the hip and hope like hell luck is on our side!

I never actually use stims but I think I will take one with me when I go, judging from what you've said 😳

It's an oddity why he's there.. @ManicManiac came up with a plausible explanation (can't remember at this precise moment,sorry mm) . It also explains the wolf carcass near the exit too. 

I'm glad I told you,I'd hate for you to get a nasty surprise when you go in.

I never use the revolver on pilgrim, it's useless except for bunnies. And I normally kill them with the bow so I haven't had much practice with it til now..  I've only used stims for long climbs too,mainly in ash canyon so I'm glad I took a few with me.

4 minutes ago, Sgt Socks said:

It's weird because I'm absolutely nothing like that in real life, well except my art materials. But everything else I prefer to keep light. What can I say, I am a strange and unusual bird 🤷‍♀️

And the squeaking of the trolley wheels matching the squeaking of our knees... I can see us now! That road is perfect for our epic trolley race, we just need to make sure we watch out for that tree and crashed truck part way down lest the bear catch us up because we're buried under a pile of packed carrier bags!

LoL😁😁.   We could always escape while he's munching through our loot.

I knew I was in for some fun this morning and it didn't take long.  I made my way back up the obstacle course until I got to the broken stairs. Even with a lit flare I got nipped when I was next to the bag. That wolf must have jumped  to reach me. I'm running out of bandages..  I got down and looted the two lockers  and cautiously made my way to the backroom  as I needed to find food. There wasn't much in there except a chocolate bar and 4 sewing kits.  With a flare in hand I went outside and found wolves below me and hanging round the boat.. I made the mistake of going onto a sticking out plank of wood and got stuck... We spent a while playing "what a lousy shot you are" until I got annoyed by the yapping. I did somehow get unstuck and made my way round to main yard.  I got cornered and instead of trying to sidle past them I threw the flare.. I got another mauling for my troubles.🙂

Down to about 25% health  I grabbed the flare and bid a hasty retreat up the rocks towards the bridge..  I tended my wounds and drank a herbal tea in the first car.  The wolves had disappeared so I made my way across the bridge and down to the cabins looting everything I could find..  I slept for two hours until the wind died down and headed over to the lighthouse to get the flare gun..  only one shell but the gun was in good condition.. it was then I realized I'd forgotten to check my clothes.  My wolf coat is down to 50% and my hat and gloves were about 60% but my earwraps were ragged ... 

I checked the fishing huts as I know there's earwraps in there sometimes but no luck... 

I headed up to the cabin at the waterfall ,picked up what edible food there was and fixed my earmuffs. I made a few bandages and settled down for the night.  I was going to leave while it was still dark but an aurora turned up so I played it safe and stayed indoors..I don't know the spawn sites round that area as there's never anything except deer on pilgrim.. 

I headed off to the secret path ,flare in hand ready and I got halfway there before the howling started.   I wasn't in the mood for them so just carried on walking past them. I did have to stand at the climb surrounded by them while I bandaged my sprains from walking on the high slopes . Avoidance doesn't seem to be helping me much in bleak.. 🙂

I made my way all the way to the endand found nothing ,and goated down to the secluded cave below and the morale was still full.. I got to the exit just as the metre went off.   

The walk from forlorn to mystery lake was mostly uneventful.. a wolf did follow me to the tunnel but at quite a distance behind.. there were no wolves in mystery either until I got to the bridge but by the time it growled I was opening the gate.  

Being more careful I made my way over the high rocks again to keep off the ice but near the end I heard the growl.  I lit a flare and shimmied down earlier than I would've only to find another wolf at the bottom waiting.  I managed to sidle round them both and get to the cave in one piece... 

I've been overburdened with torches for quite a while but the weather has been so bad I've not been able to use them..  that wind is now my nemesis 😁

I slept in the cave and woke to silence so went out torch ready straight into a blizzard.. after several hours of reading ,I lost my well fed bonus . I ran out of food in mystery lake so I was forced to go out and find some. The best bet was the pond . I got there cold and wet but searched for cat tails. I found enough to keep me going and decided to fish for a few hours.  My only line snapped without catching anything.  As the blizzard died down I made my way to the cache and found what was left of my rations. It should be enough to keep me going for another day or so.. I got to the hall ,sorted my gear out a bit and left for the farm.. I needed to fix my clothes.. because of the wind it was the slowest trip you could possibly imagine..  drives me nuts!!!!🙂 

I got back seeing nothing so fixed my gloves and hat but I can't find the spare wolf hide...  No idea where I left one .. so now I'm stuck in the porch wondering whether to look for it elsewhere or just go and kill one... 

The meat I harvested has also disappeared  so I have no emergency food when this blizzard hits... Which is in about two minutes 🙂

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Leeanda said:

We spent a while playing "what a lousy shot you are" 

🤣🤣🤣

it was then I realized I'd forgotten to check my clothes.  My wolf coat is down to 50% and my hat and gloves were about 60% but my earwraps were ragged ... 

I got back seeing nothing so fixed my gloves and hat but I can't find the spare wolf hide...  No idea where I left one .. so now I'm stuck in the porch wondering whether to look for it elsewhere or just go and kill one... 

KILL ONE.  Kill em all!

(My traumatic experience today has awakened the blood lust!)

because of the wind it was the slowest trip you could possibly imagine..  drives me nuts!!!!🙂

Oh I hate that.  I can't remember who started the "Murphy's Law" thread, and was it you who said about the wind always ending up in your face no matter which way you turn?  Yup.  It does that and it is most annoying.  The worst thing is it does that to me where I live in real life too!  

after several hours of reading ,I lost my well fed bonus . I ran out of food in mystery lake so I was forced to go out and find some. The best bet was the pond . I got there cold and wet but searched for cat tails. I found enough to keep me going and decided to fish for a few hours.  My only line snapped without catching anything.  As the blizzard died down I made my way to the cache and found what was left of my rations. It should be enough to keep me going for another day or so.

The meat I harvested has also disappeared  so I have no emergency food when this blizzard hits... Which is in about two minutes 🙂

I think its all that running chick. I did a lot of running yesterday and even with the feat which reduces calorie consumption when sprinting it was amazing how fast I got hungry.  I really hope you can find some grub soon!

(Is that meat disappearing another of your weird bugs?  It always seems to happen to you!)

• Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, Sgt Socks said:

🤣🤣🤣

KILL ONE.  Kill em all!

(My traumatic experience today has awakened the blood lust!)

Oh I hate that.  I can't remember who started the "Murphy's Law" thread, and was it you who said about the wind always ending up in your face no matter which way you turn?  Yup.  It does that and it is most annoying.  The worst thing is it does that to me where I live in real life too!  

I think its all that running chick. I did a lot of running yesterday and even with the feat which reduces calorie consumption when sprinting it was amazing how fast I got hungry.  I really hope you can find some grub soon!

(Is that meat disappearing another of your weird bugs?  It always seems to happen to you!)

I don't think I killed any of them🤣 

Oh dear , I hope it wasn't another bear?  

It was @conanjaguar thread , can't remember if I said it on there but I've said it somewhere on this forum.  It was a pet peeve now it's my nemesis. 

I haven't been able to run much, I seem to be slightly overweight,as well as the weather😁 

I've lost the wolf hide too.  And yes it's always me that gets these weird bugs.. I must have done something bad in another life😇😁

• Upvote 1

The blizzard didn't emerge but it wasn't far off being one.. needing to fix my coat was a priority so I thought ",what the heck," and went to the town hall to see if I had one there. Sadly not so I wondered if there was s spare one from the summit that I mightve left in the hut.  I got to the abandoned cache without seeing anything else, there's only one thing daft enough to be out in that weather.😁.  A blizzard blew up just as I got inside and I was too tired to climb up to twm. 

I spent half a day and all night in there ,and I was forced to eat my first tin of sardines,breaking my own rule as a result.. it didn't help much and I was starving the next morning.  

I made my way to the mountaineer's hut as quickly as possible hoping there was some food there..  luckily I'd left a fish outside so ate it quickly before I lost any more life..   I made a fire and put water and the other fish on to cook .when they were done . I headed out to get a few sticks when I heard a growl.. 

We played hide and seek at the fishing hut for a few minutes until he got bored. I wanted to sniper the wolf from relative safety but I couldn't see it anywhere.  I needed to do some fishing so broke the ice then realized I had no tackle with me. I headed back to the hut, torch lit just in case,and there he was again.. he was blocking my path so I tried to skirt up the rocks past him and... I got my second mauling of the day..  I took no damage but my newly repaired hat and gloves took a lot , my coat only lost a bit but it's not looking good. My boots ,snow pants and ear wrap all took damage too.  Luckily there was a few guts and bunny hides so fixed them up but I ran out of cloth so I can't repair anything else.  A trip up to the containers in deer clearing is now a must..  I was about to settle down for the night when I noticed the warning.. ,cabin fever... 

I'm having trouble finding sticks,the weather is getting much worse very quickly and it's getting dark.. I'll have to go to the cave in the birch tree area and hope I don't get mauled again during the night.. if I can stay warm enough in the first place.. 

It's certainly been an adventure the last two days. I wonder what tomorrow brings.🙂

Edited by Leeanda
  • Upvote 2

I think I panicked yesterday,as when I switched it on this morning it wasn't as bad as I thought. 

I headed to the containers hoping there was food in one of them ,only to find I hadn't opened them. I didn't have the hacksaw on me and I needed to get cloth so carried on up towards deer clearing..  I snagged a bunny on the fourth attempt  and headed into the first cave to cook him up and rest for the night.. early next morning I got to deer clearing and just as I got to the containers ,a wolf decided to join me..  a shot made him scarper but not for long.  I think the second hip shot hit it as he ran off and didn't come back.. I took the clothes from the container and made my way back down to the cave,where I harvested them and fixed my gear up.  .  I still needed a wolf hide though so headed back to the hut . My plan was to sit on the pier and sniper the wolf that hangs around near the way up the river but I noticed a wolf carcass . It must've been the one that had a chew on my leg the other day,so I took the hide and left it to start curing..  I took the hacksaw and went to open the containers,but no food.  There were several sodas though so drank a couple and headed off to the fishing hut.. 

I've spent a couple of days just gathering wood,(still hardly any sticks) and fishing .  My cooking in now level 4 and most of my other skills are level 3.. 

I did go up the river to get some cat tails  and came across 4 wolves on the way down.  One kept running away for no reason but the others were determined to follow me back to the hut..

Despite how many shots I've made with the revolver ,the level is still at 3 but half of that came from reading!. I seem to have. lost the ability to hit anything on this run..😁. The stats don't quite add up either..  it says 10 out of ,11 struggles won,yet I've killed 23 wolves... 

I headed back to pv farm with good weather, seeing nothing until I got to the hay barn near the river.. this wolf was following me so closely I thought it was going to attack a few times  but I kept walking. It lost interest as I got to the silo ,which is a shame as I wanted to lure it to the porch.. I'm going to need more than one hide on this run.  

I've just sorted my gear out ,and I'm wondering whether to head back to Milton or go to blackrock.ive been lucky today so I'm hoping whichever way I go will be the same.. somehow I doubt it though🙂

• Upvote 2

On 9/23/2022 at 7:09 AM, Leeanda said:

I got cornered and instead of trying to sidle past them I threw the flare.. I got another mauling for my troubles.🙂

Methinks that a better approach would have been to drop the flare and bring up a weapon to wave at them and scare them off... unless Timberwolves are immune to that ploy.

Alternatively, you could have (literally) stared them down with flare in hand and sent them running off.

On 9/23/2022 at 7:09 AM, Leeanda said:

I wasn't in the mood for them so just carried on walking past them

Wolf: “Excuse me madam, would you be interested in-“
You: (Commences sprinting and loses the wolves in the cloud of snow you kicked up :D).

21 hours ago, Leeanda said:

I must have done something bad in another life😇

Maybe you were a game developer who made buggy games :)?

• Upvote 1

Just now, conanjaguar said:

Methinks that a better approach would have been to drop the flare and bring up a weapon to wave at them and scare them off... unless Timberwolves are immune to that ploy.

Alternatively, you could have (literally) stared them down with flare in hand and sent them running off.

Wolf: “Excuse me madam, would you be interested in-“
You: (Commences sprinting and loses the wolves in the cloud of snow you kicked up :D).

Maybe you were a game developer who made buggy games :)?

Given the mauling I got ,any approach would've been better😁. I don't really have much experience with timbers.. I do remember throwing flares in episode 3 and it worked very well. But I remember vividly in episode 4 that nothing whatsoever worked,until I changed it to green anyway...  They were bullet fire,flare and everything else proof.  

I was surrounded though so I think if I'd just tried to get past them it would've took me too close and set the attack off anyway.  

It's been a while since I had so many maulings🙂

Wolf.. you really really really must buy it..

Me.... Ummmmmm...   Ahhhhh,gurgle 🤪  .🤕   then I decide to run.. 

I definitely prefer your version.😁 

Lol🙂.   I would never do that...😁

This afternoon was pretty quiet for the most part.. I headed off with the intention of getting to blackrock but only got as far as the trailer in keepers south.   Twice that wolf made me jump by appearing out of nowhere.  But the torch kept him at bay .  I looted the trailer and the cars and I had planned to stay and live on the bunnies for a couple of days. But that idea went south very quickly as there wasn't any .  And the weather turned bad so being in a fickle mood anyway I decided to turn back and go to mountain town instead.  Every car I checked had a bottle of water and two pieces of cloth in them... Very odd but free water saves on time and matches. 

It was quiet all the way to camp office ,,no ambush near the dam or on the bridge.  I kept high up the slopes all along the track lines but I needn't have bothered ,there were no wolves . I did need bandages though for the four sprains I got🙂 

I made a fire,pulled quite a few torches and sorted my gear out.. I was actually well underweight for the first time ever. I'd even left my rifle at pv because I'd intended to pick the vest up.  I'd still need the space though because I don't really intend to go back to Milton after this trip.  

If it's anything like pilgrim there'll be about 10 gallons of fizzy drinks there😁

From the cave I made my way down and up to the park and headed round the back of the garage to avoid the wolves.

I got halfway across clear cut before.."excuse me sir....*. .      So much for taking a safer route😁 

Yet again I had to sidle past very close to it , expecting to trigger an attack but luckily it didn't happen. He followed me very closely though into town until I ducked into  one of the houses. 

He'd gone by the time Id looted the place so headed over to the church ,checking cars on the way. .  A few  snack bars  and crisps would keep me going for now.   There's a rifle in very good condition so I'll take it home with me.. now I feel less naked again. Pity there's no ammo with it but there's still plenty of places left here to search. 

I'm resting at the moment hoping the weather stays good. Mountain town is supposed to be the best place and on pilgrim it certainly is ,but this is stalker so I'm expecting blizzards and winds aplenty 😁

• Upvote 3