Where are all the people from Thomson's Crossing in ep.3?

Ghurcb

On 5/6/2022 at 10:23 AM, Glflegolas said:

On that note, I don't see any reason why further standalone stories couldn't be added to the game as DLC after Wintermute is done, as long as they don't contradict the Wintermute lore. At this point, Hinterland has created a great canvas that is the island of Great Bear, upon which there are endless opportunities for story-telling. The stories wouldn't have to be super long; 2-3 hours of gameplay per story is quite sufficient to me. And they don't have to involve Will or Astrid, either; I have no problem playing as one of the locals.

A few examples include:

• Coastal Highway and Desolation Point -- how did the Riken get shipwrecked? What kind of fish were being fished at Coastal Highway? Who built the cabins around Coastal Highway? How did Scruffy get into his cave? The Quonset Garage and Lonely Lighthouse seem like ideal places for NPC's to be based out of.
  • Timberwolf Mountain -- what caused the plane crash? Did anyone survive? An NPC in the Mountaineer's Hut, and maybe one in Eric's Cave, would make sense.
  • Ash Canyon -- when was gold discovered? How did the technical backpack end up in the gold mine? What caused the great forest fire? Why are there no deer or wolves at the higher elevations? Who lived at the Homesteader's Respite? An NPC in Angler's Den could tell us all that and more. This story could potentially be combined with the one at Timberwolf Mountain as the two regions are neighbours.
  • Bleak Inlet -- why are there timberwolves there? What happened to the sardine fishery? Who manned the lookout? Why did its lighthouse fall and not the one at Desolation Point? An NPC at the cabin would be the most logical.
  • Hushed River Valley -- what drew the locals there after the First Flare? What happened to the fellow who froze to death in the ice cave? Where did all the wolves around Monolith Lake go? Our NPC guide could live somewhere in an ice cave or a regular cave and tell us more about the region.

This was partially implemented in Tales of the Far Territory in the form of Tales.

On 5/2/2022 at 8:24 AM, Ghurcb said:

Here's what I've been wondering about for a while now...

In episode 3 when you enter the Community Hall you see a lot of crash survivors, father Thomas, and... That's it!

Where are all the locals? Is Thomas the only one who survived the First flare?

The first time you talk to him, he says "We gathered people here when the weather started turning bad three... Or was it four days ago? The houses became too cold and it seemed better to bring everyone under one roof. Then yesterday, the crash survivors started showing up."

So... Where is everyone? Did they all die in 2-3 days? That makes NO sence!

And I kinda get it. There should be a reason why Astrid is the one who has to go look for survivors. But there could still be a few locals too old/sick/injured to do this job.

It would be very interesting to see, for example, an old lady knitting in the kitchen, or two covered in bandages guys playing cards in a corner of the stage, or a mother with a little baby. 

Something like that.

image.thumb.jpeg.fc6e8eb868552b3803c175dc8aa4a47d.jpeg

It’s been a while but I thought there’s something about the townsfolk as well as survivors from town being there among the victims and that the basement has become a morgue for the people that passed 

I always thought that some sleeping in the community hall; the ones that you do not check their vitals or tell about loved ones who did not make it, were the people from the town.  It might only be 3 or 4 (?), but I think there are some people that you don't interact with at all.  I figure they're sleeping in shifts; some are out gathering wood for the signal fire & stoking that, others looking for food/supplies, or for survivors or hunting, maybe they went back into their houses to sleep or have just gone & tried to find a way out. Pleasant Valley & Tompson's Crossing is not a very big area as far as population goes ... even if all of the houses/cabins were occupied at one time it might be what? 30 - 40 people all together?  And half of the houses are boarded up/foreclosed already.