DIY Furniture

piddy3825

Just wanna give a shout out to @stmSantana for just having recently released
an outstanding crafting mod that allows a player to craft furniture and household
items for use in decorating your home base, where ever that might be...

screen_6cc20bec-4b08-4750-8913-f72b043dd715_hi.thumb.png.0506f57c53a676d185b5f9ba6283e8b7.png

From rugs to tables and chairs,
now he just recently added the ability
to craft forks, spoons and spatulas!

Cave room dining for two with
serving bowls, platters and plates!

Outstanding work, indeed.  
If you like decorating your lair, I'd suggest getting this mod!

• Upvote 7
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, Luca Loquax said:

If we are going to be stuck in the never-ending winter of The Long Dark, we can at least make our safe-houses moar comfy.  :)

right?  I don't know why all post apocalyptic games always assume the survivors are satisified living amidst a bunch of broken piles of crap.  Just because there is no
electricity doesn't mean I can't pick up the junk and sweep up every so often.  

• Upvote 4
  • Like 1

I know, RIGHT!?

I think Captain Raph-tastic hinted at selling TLD DLC for 'upgrading your safehouse'.  I Like this idea a lot.  I agree,  it sucks that I can't spruce up the Quonset and make the interior and exterior more homey. 

How about:

1) a nicer bed I could move in from one of the houses.

2) an actual wood stove as opposed to that stooooopid burn barrel barfing smoke and toxic gasses all over the interior.

3) I REALLY like that painting of the stack of pancakes over the heart, the place would be so much more cheery with it hanging by the door.  :)

4) Pancakes!

5) Maybe craft a fence to keep fluffy  out.

• Upvote 1

Hey @stmSantana
you are a mod making machine!  Love having all those options.

since you're knocking these things out with such speed and efficiency,  
how about a pillow for my bed?   I've been using the chair cushions as 
pillows for my bed, why not an actual pillow?  
please and thank you!

when you get around to it of course!   No hurry!

9 hours ago, piddy3825 said:

おい@stmSantana
あなたは改造機です!それらすべてのオプションを持つのが大好きです。

あなたはこれらのものをそのようなスピードと効率でノックアウトしているので  
、私のベッド用の枕はどうですか?ベッドの枕として椅子のクッションを使ってきましたが 
、実際の枕はいかがですか?  
どうぞよろしくお願いします!

もちろん、それに近づいたら!急がずに!

I'm trying to see if a bed is possible for players to actually sleep.  If I can't create it, unfortunately it will have the look of a bed but just a decoration.  By the way, do you have any requests for bed recipes (number of ingredients required and time to make)?

42 minutes ago, stmSantana said:

I'm trying to see if a bed is possible for players to actually sleep.  If I can't create it, unfortunately it will have the look of a bed but just a decoration.  By the way, do you have any requests for bed recipes (number of ingredients required and time to make)?

Yes, a bed would be nice.  like the bed in Grey Mother's house.  
bed ingredients:

20 Pieces of Fir
10 Pieces of Cedar
6 Nails
15 Cloth
25 Feathers
10 Cured Gut

どうもありがとうございます

Dōmo arigatōgozaimasu @stmSantana

Ok, looks like all the updates loaded but something is preventing me from actually crafting the bed.
It looks like I have all the materials.  I tried crafting at a workbench and I also tried crafting in a large open space indoors 
just in case it was an issue relating to items lying in proximity to the bed build.

20220401121058_1.thumb.jpg.2a22997f84030aa69eb8a33d7c6a8e96.jpg

As you can see, it looks like I have plenty of material in my inventory, as well I have both sets of tools, simple and high quality but 
there's no craft button or "go" button whatever you call it.   Any ideas?

by the way, are you on the modding discord channel?

Edited by piddy3825

4 minutes ago, stmSantana said:

Please come to discord at any time.
The game seems to display only up to 3 types of materials needed for crafting. I actually put all the materials you suggested in the blueprint. Feathers, cloth, etc.

Oh, that might make the difference.   the only thing I was not carrying at the time was any cured gut.   I will go try it again.   
I was able to spawn the bed into my inventory using console commands so I can confirm it does materialize that way.  

I'll go back and make sure I've got the items.  If the materials needed only displays 3 like you said it would probably be a good idea to remark on
that in your release notes?  Or maybe just eliminate the need for 6 items.   I figured a bed would need wood and nails for construction.  But pillows and bedding 
would need cloth, cured gut and feathers for making the pillows and mattress.

17 minutes ago, stmSantana said:

Currently, there seem to be other bugs in the bed. See Discord's bot-spam for more details.

well, it seems to be working just fine for me so far.   
I managed to craft one using the workbench after I had the required materials.
I place it in my new base camp and sleep tested it and rest tested the new bed.
worked just fine.  
Since you are just churning these things out, maybe do another smaller bed. 
like the ones in mountain lodge.  They appear smaller and maybe more practical
considering some of the space limitations a player might find themselves in.
One other thing, I think the post construction weight should be adjusted to reflect 
are little more realistic, lol, weight balance.  maybe 15 kilos, like a battery?  
I shouldn't be able to spring carrying a bed, right?

screen_437f1c1a-746d-4eb5-a7c1-f9bbf55c4289_hi.thumb.png.53ed8c006d5638310bc2ea888aaa5a0b.png

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, survivordiver said:

Hi, hello. I've installed all the dependencies for the DIY, but none of them are recognized. According to the launcher, they need the 1.8.1.0 but even when I have that they still won't launch. Any suggestions?

Hey player,
my first suggestion is to make sure you do actually have all the required "dependency" subroutines installed.  There are roughly a half a dozen or so, so one can be easily overlooked.  I've just about got every mod off of xapezman enabled and everything on my end seems to be working, although I did have little trouble the other day with the toilet paper mod.  I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling and that seemed to do the trick.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/11/2022 at 4:15 PM, piddy3825 said:

Hey player,
my first suggestion is to make sure you do actually have all the required "dependency" subroutines installed.  There are roughly a half a dozen or so, so one can be easily overlooked.  I've just about got every mod off of xapezman enabled and everything on my end seems to be working, although I did have little trouble the other day with the toilet paper mod.  I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling and that seemed to do the trick.

Thank you for your reply. I've checked, and I do have all the dependencies, but when I launch it says that it can't load ModSettings, (It specifically says Version 1.8.1.0 for them) even though the other mods work fine with it, and when I had that version installed.

• 4 weeks later...

Due to a bug in my Loper run, all fishing hut stove fires in CH are extinguished on a re-load or when entering/leaving structures with a loading screen. An ideal opportunity to test out the DIY mod and its panels. A wind break structure does seem to do its job in a blizzard so, combined with a campfire fishing huts are useful to me once more.

DIY mod wind break.jpg

Edited by bladerunner900
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

Finally a gun rack at the Mountaineer's Hut! Oh my god!

Or so I thought. Melon throws me "System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'UnhollowerBaseLib, Version=0.4.18.0" when trying to load the mod and it doesn't work. Has anyone run into this before? I'm on ML 0.6.0.1 and I just can't seem to fix it. Apparently it's a ML thing but then it seems odd that it's only happening to me?

Turns out that somehow I got my hands on a way outdated version of the mod. Works fine now and it's awesome, thank you so much! Carry on.

Edited by LostRealist