My Whiteout challenge

Leeanda

So I thought I'd start this challenge as my attempt at the proper version was very short! One day in and I got mauled by the bearπŸ™‚ must be a record!Β  I have to equip each map with the required gear within 20 days. I won't be counting BlackRock or HRV in this challenge though!Β 

As usual it's a modified pilgrim run! The items I need are the same as the original! I'm not allowed to eat/drink any looted items and must survive on what I kill or harvest!Β  The blizzards are on very high, wolves high ,no fear weather very variable ! No Revolver.

All the other settings remain untouched!Β  In hindsight the blizzards maybe should've been set to high as I forgot the animals despawn!πŸ™‚Β 

I've just started in Desolation point and have chosen the Riken as the base on this map! Despite 3 blizzards in under two days it's not going too badly so far! It's taking a while to boil up a lot of water as I only have 1 can and haven't found another empty one yet!Β  I headed to the cave after starting at the lighthouse as I know there's a rifle there and I'd need it just to get food!Β 

I looted the Riken and church and all the outdoor areas first and got quite a lot of food!Β  Pity I couldn't eat any as there wasn't much meat on the carcasses in the cave!Β  But I got lucky in-between blizzards as I managed to shoot a wolfΒ  which will keep me going for a few days!Β  I've just reached the main building as I need the hacksaw for the wood! I've found no axe or knife so it's crucial to the challenge!Β  But it's too late to search so I'm getting ready to sleep ,still hungry which is new on my runs!πŸ™‚

Β 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Matt Lomax said:

Very brave,Β should be an interesting challenge. I'm intrigued to see how you do. Loving the frequency of storms, will make hunting all the more arduous I feel. Good luck πŸ‘πŸ˜Ž

Yeah I should've thought about that before I started lolπŸ™‚Β  Β andΒ  thanks!Β Β 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Matt Lomax said:

πŸ˜„ Just means you won't be getting bored,Β embrace the chaos ... Before the inevitable self-fulfilling plummet into darkness πŸ‘»

Sounds about right lol! Might die of starvation before anything else!Β Β 

Mind you I've been wandering around in -29cΒ  + without getting cold so anything goes on this run!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Sounds about right lol! Might die of starvation before anything else!Β Β 

Mind you I've been wandering around in -29cΒ  + without getting cold so anything goes on this run!

πŸ€¦πŸ˜‚ Game needs those crunchy fried bats you like πŸ‘

Wow, how you managed that?Β Have you got all your thermals on? πŸ€”

• Upvote 1

Glad to see you're back on the forums @Matt Lomax!

Β 

@LeeandaGood luck with your challenge. Do you mean the temp bar isn't going down at all? I don't know what it is with you and bugs, I think you must be purposely hunting for them 😁

Wonder what it's like in PV, but with blizzards as high. You wouldn't even leave your house!Β 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Matt Lomax said:

πŸ€¦πŸ˜‚ Game needs those crunchy fried bats you like πŸ‘

Wow, how you managed that?Β Have you got all your thermals on? πŸ€”

Not too bad clothes wise! Found a macanaw,one of each thermals,two togues,two thin jumpers. Still should be freezing to death though😁 

Should be bats in all the caves ! Hibernating ones anyway!Β  Lovely for a barbecue!πŸ™‚

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Glad to see you're back on the forums @Matt Lomax!

Β 

@LeeandaGood luck with your challenge. Do you mean the temp bar isn't going down at all? I don't know what it is with you and bugs, I think you must be purposely hunting for them 😁

Wonder what it's like in PV, but with blizzards as high. You wouldn't even leave your house!Β 

Thanks I'm going to need it!  They're not just high they're very high!😁  I'm more bothered about wandering around ash in that weather there's a lot of  long drops up there!lol 

Still expecting to get lost a lot though!πŸ™‚

Edited by Leeanda
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ManicManiac said:

I do enjoy personal challenges... and the one you've crafted for yourself here is as creative and full of great potential for innumerable misadventures (and close calls)Β as your previous ones.
Β 

:coffee::fire::coffee:
Stay warm out there...

That's what is so cool with TLD. Even without mods, you can create your own personal challenges in just a standard or custom game, basically giving endless replayability.Β 

Shows that pilgrim isn't necessarily easy, depends on how much you restrict yourself/mess around with custom settings.Β 

11 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Thanks I'm going to need it!  They're not just high they're very high!😁  I'm more bothered about wandering around ash in that weather there's a lot of  long drops up there!lol 

Still expecting to get lost a lot though!πŸ™‚

Haha, well even more good luck! At least you won't have to worry about that bear guarding the mine entrance. Fortunately he was asleep when I went through one time, but most of the time he's waiting to maul unsuspecting survivors.Β 

Good luck crossing those rope bridges in a whiteout storm! Makes for nice pictures though πŸ€”

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, ManicManiac said:

I do enjoy personal challenges... and the one you've crafted for yourself here is as creative and full of great potential for innumerable misadventures (and close calls)Β as your previous ones.
Β 

:coffee::fire::coffee:
Stay warm out there...

Thank you!Β  I hope there aren't too many close calls though!Β  Thought I should add an extra degree of difficulty to compensate for theΒ  bear problem I have! πŸ™‚

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Catlover said:

That's what is so cool with TLD. Even without mods, you can create your own personal challenges in just a standard or custom game, basically giving endless replayability.Β 

Shows that pilgrim isn't necessarily easy, depends on how much you restrict yourself/mess around with custom settings.Β 

Haha, well even more good luck! At least you won't have to worry about that bear guarding the mine entrance. Fortunately he was asleep when I went through one time, but most of the time he's waiting to maul unsuspecting survivors.Β 

Good luck crossing those rope bridges in a whiteout storm! Makes for nice pictures though πŸ€”

I actually prefer crossing them when it's poor visibility! Helps with the virtigo!

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Thank you!Β  I hope there aren't too many close calls though!Β  Thought I should add an extra degree of difficulty to compensate for theΒ  bear problem I have! πŸ™‚

Your next challenge ought to be bear related, lol. Simply because I'm interested to see if that would help your phobia of them, like stalker did to me with wolves

• Like 1

Well I'm doing a lot better than I thought in Desolation point. Day 6 and all I have left to do is boil twentyΒ  litres of water! May take a while as I only have 1 can!Β  And an axe as there isn't one here!

Food is not an issue as I finally got my first ever moose here! Should last quite a while! I took his hide too so I could make the sack as at the moment it's taking a while to lug everything around!Β Β 

The weather has been surprisingly good this morning. No blizzards and two aurora's! It's a beautiful place to watch them!Β Β 

I mayΒ  have to adjust the list in regards to the rifle and ammo because I'm not sure that places like ash canyon spawn rifles!Β  I've never seen one there and once I leave a region I can't go back.Β Β 

While I'm here I think I'll make use of the forge and craft some arrowheads and make thatΒ  axe too!

Seems I'll be spending a lot of time in front of a hot fire! I Might be a bit overdressed !πŸ™‚

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Matt Lomax said:

@CatloverΒ Thank you 😘☺ Confidence comes and goes πŸ˜„

@LeeandaΒ Yeah I'd love to see bats, not sure what they'd eat though πŸ€” Pinnacle Peaches, like everyone else πŸ’ͺ

Sounds like you're well equipped. I'm sure you'll enjoy this challenge 😎

Well if they are fruit bats they can have the rosehips as I don't really have much use for them! πŸ™‚ But that's Alfred's problem😁 

Might be over equipped at the moment! Found another mackinaw jacket this morning and luckily 2 hacksaws!

Sadly no decent trousers though! Might get a bit nippy!πŸ™‚

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Leeanda said:

Well if they are fruit bats they can have the rosehips as I don't really have much use for them! πŸ™‚ But that's Alfred's problem😁 

Might be over equipped at the moment! Found another mackinaw jacket this morning and luckily 2 hacksaws!

Sadly no decent trousers though! Might get a bit nippy!πŸ™‚

My favourite place for sky gazing. Seems to be quite a unique weather system, unless it's just me romanticising the place πŸ˜„ Just love stepping out The Riken to such variegated hues 😻

Sounds like you're handling the challenge well, another moose down and plenty of well-cooked meats dribbling down your chin onto your mackinaw πŸ˜‹

Haha! Fruit bats come in assorted flavours like wine gums. Chicken flavour is king πŸ’ͺ

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Matt Lomax said:

My favourite place for sky gazing. Seems to be quite a unique weather system, unless it's just me romanticising the place πŸ˜„ Just love stepping out The Riken to such variegated hues 😻

Sounds like you're handling the challenge well, another moose down and plenty of well-cooked meats dribbling down your chin onto your mackinaw πŸ˜‹

Haha! Fruit bats come in assorted flavours like wine gums. Chicken flavour is king πŸ’ͺ

Lol!  Pity they're the black ones! No one ever likes them😁 

Not sure what's with the weather ,I was expecting wall to wall blizzards. Probably saving them for Ash canyon or PV!πŸ™‚ It is a great place to watch the aurora ,along with signal hill and TWM summit I reckon!Β 

Can't get my coat mucky, those washers don't work in the aurora and I'm not hand washing it!  She'll have to start wearing a bib 😁

Β 

21 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Lol!  Pity they're the black ones! No one ever likes them😁 

Not sure what's with the weather ,I was expecting wall to wall blizzards. Probably saving them for Ash canyon or PV!πŸ™‚ It is a great place to watch the aurora ,along with signal hill and TWM summit I reckon!Β 

Can't get my coat mucky, those washers don't work in the aurora and I'm not hand washing it!  She'll have to start wearing a bib 😁

Β 

Haha, somebody ought to add chicken flavoured bats, and bibs to the game! Make it even more realistic to the Canadian wilderness I suppose 😜

And I'm very offended, I quite like black wine gums! πŸ˜…

Edited by Catlover
  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Haha, somebody ought to add chicken flavoured bats, and bibs to the game! Make it even more realistic to the Canadian wilderness I suppose 😜

Lol! Not sure if anyone's eaten a bat before? If they have they probably said it tasted like chicken anyway!Β  Most of the odd things people eat usually do!πŸ™‚

5 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Lol! Not sure if anyone's eaten a bat before? If they have they probably said it tasted like chicken anyway!Β  Most of the odd things people eat usually do!πŸ™‚

Haha everything odd tastes like chicken so I wouldn't be surprised. Chicken flacoured bats, delicious πŸ˜‹

45 minutes ago, Catlover said:

And I'm very offended, I quite like black wine gums! πŸ˜…

Black wine gums are beaut πŸ˜»πŸ˜‹ The juicy chicken flavour is delicious πŸ»πŸ˜„

42 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Didn't Ozzy Osbourne? πŸ€” Those wings are like crinkled leathery lettuce leaves. Scrummy πŸ˜‹

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Matt Lomax said:

Black wine gums are beaut πŸ˜»πŸ˜‹ The juicy chicken flavour is delicious πŸ»πŸ˜„

Didn't Ozzy Osbourne? πŸ€” Those wings are like crinkled leathery lettuce leaves. Scrummy πŸ˜‹

Crinkled or crimped?😁

• Like 1