Best places to find Moose . And worst🙂

Leeanda

The most common on my runs so far is the birch forest in PV!   It's an  80%+ chance I'll find him there. 

Yet I've never had one in Desolation point. 

Is this a typical thing ? 

As a side note .I tried to erase this topic but couldn't!  Wondering why not?🙂

Edited by Leeanda
Missed sentence out
  • Upvote 1

My most common where to get moose is near Quonset.

I got the moose in DP too. It was funny. I was waiting above the Matts truck near waterfall. I saw a moose, but I did not take a shot. After that I saw a bear walking same direction. Maybe they had a big animal meeting somewhere aroung a corner. I ended not well for all attendands. Uninvited guest ruined it.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, acada said:

My most common where to get moose is near Quonset.

I got the moose in DP too. It was funny. I was waiting above the Matts truck near waterfall. I saw a moose, but I did not take a shot. After that I saw a bear walking same direction. Maybe they had a big animal meeting somewhere aroung a corner. I ended not well for all attendands. Uninvited guest ruined it.

Lol!  It's a pretty awkward place for the moose  really. I just presumed it spawn's near the church but we never see it get to the bridge. Like teleportation!🙂   No easy way to escape it either if the need arises!

I was located in pretty inaccessible place. So I think they would not find me. Sorry for possible confusion. I was not down under the waterfall. I was near it high in rocks. I do remember the waterfall noise obstructing clear hearing of any hoofs and bear crows sounds. I had to hunt using eyes only, which is not optimal.

I dont know what these two were doing there. But both of them passed the bridge and headed west towards the lighthouse.

• Upvote 1

Most common place is in TWM, between wing and Mountainers Huts and in ML, next to the Cabin around Unnamed Pond. I mostly killed or shooted them here.

Most rare is for me in CH, around Quonset Garage. I lived so many days in there and ı never saw moose except one time in Whiteout Challenge.

• Upvote 1

mean while back at BlackRock Prison

as I am looking for medical supplies in the abandoned infirmary I discover
at bunch of medical equipment more often used in laboratories and typically 
not necessary for patching up scrapes and bruises...

screen_abd0c84d-328c-4e91-8170-1c225d37a1bc_hi.thumb.png.5b2c4ce8438a9e0b4f409b100474947d.png

I also found a huge assortment of technical medical journals dealing with some rather exotic subjects like
gene splicing, recombinant DNA sequencing practices and notes on secret "cloning" projects being 
performed by the resident medical staff

screen_ef4e2123-72ab-4dc0-bfb1-d22b5a7b1cf1_hi.thumb.png.b590e9dbc300bad1af7579b0c6f4ced5.png

the read was rather technical, I must admit,  but I was able to grasp that the team there was on the verge of a major breakthru before being forced 
to abandon their work and flee during the prison uprising.  One particular entry caught my interest which lead me to checkout the prison motorpool.

screen_666c88c6-b5b5-4900-b5be-c1bd8f232a59_hi.thumb.png.3ebc96f46c3a3f7574d9bc128f16e7bd.png

Edited by piddy3825
  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, piddy3825 said:

mean while back at BlackRock Prison

as I am looking for medical supplies in the abandoned infirmary I discover
at bunch of medical equipment more often used in laboratories and typically 
not necessary for patching up scrapes and bruises...

screen_abd0c84d-328c-4e91-8170-1c225d37a1bc_hi.thumb.png.5b2c4ce8438a9e0b4f409b100474947d.png

I also found a huge assortment of technical medical journals dealing with some rather exotic subjects like
gene splicing, recombinant DNA sequencing practices and notes on secret "cloning" projects being 
performed by the resident medical staff

screen_ef4e2123-72ab-4dc0-bfb1-d22b5a7b1cf1_hi.thumb.png.b590e9dbc300bad1af7579b0c6f4ced5.png

the read was rather technical, I must admit,  but I was able to grasp that the team there was on the verge of a major breakthru before being forced 
to abandon their work and flee during the prison uprising.  One particular entry caught my interest which lead me to checkout the prison motorpool.

Reveal hidden contents

screen_666c88c6-b5b5-4900-b5be-c1bd8f232a59_hi.thumb.png.3ebc96f46c3a3f7574d9bc128f16e7bd.png

Lol! Had to say I was kinda wondering where that was going!  😁  Looks like there's a sleigh missing!

When out on the roof there arose such a clatter,
I sprang to my feet to see what was the matter.

Away from my chair I flew like a flash,
tore open the door, bolted and dashed!

When, what to my wondering eyes should appear,
but a roof full of mooses not one single deer!

I whistled and shouted and called them by name:

“Now Dasher! Now Dancer!
Now, Prancer and Vixen!
On, Comet! On, Cupid!
On, Donner and Blitzen!
To the top of the prison
and over of the wall!
Now dash away! Dash away!
Dash away all!”

And that children is the story of how ole' Uncle DiscoJonny got out of prison!

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1