I finally got mauled !

Leeanda

Also, I have to ask, how are you able to survive over a thousand days in pilgrim. Without the risk of attack, doesn't it get boring? Or do you set tasks for yourself, such as mapping, or apparently shaving wildlife, lol. 

Hope that doesn't seem rude, it's just been on my mind lately so thought I'd ask

7 minutes ago, Catlover said:

@Leeanda You ought to try stalker, lol. That'd multiply your maulings pretty quickly. It's kinda silly how many wolves there are, though I enjoy it. Except for when I constantly get triple teamed on a decent run. That's not quite so fun, lol

I started this because people kept saying they'd got attacked on pilgrim. And I was wondering why I hadn't  in over two years of playing. 

So now I'm running around deliberately trying to find out. 😁  

Don't play the harder ones cos of the 🐻  and the extreme weather! And I like searching for all that loot!

Drives me nuts walking against the wind! 🙂

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

I started this because people kept saying they'd got attacked on pilgrim. And I was wondering why I hadn't  in over two years of playing. 

So now I'm running around deliberately trying to find out. 😁  

Don't play the harder ones cos of the 🐻  and the extreme weather! And I like searching for all that loot!

Drives me nuts walking against the wind! 🙂

Ah, that makes sense. Might do a pilgrim game to back up your research, sounds fun!

I kinda like the bears lol, just not when they jumpscare me out of nowhere, that's not usually how I like my run to end-

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Well I just spent an hour and a half herding deer and bunnies to their room.  And didn't even get growled at. They all ran away.  All I was holding was a stone but I highly doubt that was the problem. More than likely it was because I was mostly directly in front of them.  I will keep on with it and make sure to approach from behind. 

Mini Spoiler...

I found a hacksaw at the cabin and chopped up all the metal buckets. I found a nice little surprise in one of them!   

I was slightly disappointed that there wasn't more metal to harvest consider how much stuff that place has in it. 

At least food isn't a problem without bears enabled. Got a very good  but lucky long distance kill on the moose  ! Spent a while cooking him up while another blizzard raged outside. 

Hope tomorrow the weather's better so I can get myself mauled!😃

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Catlover said:

Ah, that makes sense. Might do a pilgrim game to back up your research, sounds fun!

I kinda like the bears lol, just not when they jumpscare me out of nowhere, that's not usually how I like my run to end-

Lol😃   mine has been changed slightly  but if you do a straight pilgrim I'd be interested to see if you do get mauled and what caused it!   Not that I really want any one to get mauled of course😁 except me.  

Pesky bears.  😃

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Lol😃   mine has been changed slightly  but if you do a straight pilgrim I'd be interested to see if you do get mauled and what caused it!   Not that I really want any one to get mauled of course😁 except me.  

Pesky bears.  😃

Haha yeah true. But yeah I'm going to get a pilgrim game up, become very stinky, and hug any wolf I find. I heard they attack if you get near them when they're eating, but we'll see. In the name of science!

1 minute ago, Catlover said:

Haha yeah true. But yeah I'm going to get a pilgrim game up, become very stinky, and hug any wolf I find. I heard they attack if you get near them when they're eating, but we'll see. In the name of science!

Well good luck with it!  Hope you don't get too mauled! 😃

@Leeanda I agree with you about the cabin, I loved trashing the joint but was disappointed with the lack of metal. There wasn't a great deal in the garage when I ransacked it either. Mostly just wood. Some shelving units if I remember correctly.

So a good day for food and equipment, poor day for mauling really. Does it have any effect if you hurl stones at the wolves?

4 minutes ago, Matt Lomax said:

@Leeanda I agree with you about the cabin, I loved trashing the joint but was disappointed with the lack of metal. There wasn't a great deal in the garage when I ransacked it either. Mostly just wood. Some shelving units if I remember correctly.

So a good day for food and equipment, poor day for mauling really. Does it have any effect if you hurl stones at the wolves?

When they were eating ,no it didn't really. But I wasn't really aiming properly! ☺  they just yelped and ran off! 

Got a bit frustrated at some point and just started throwing stones at everything though! It was a bit hit and miss!😁   I think i hit a few deer on the nose so I think my aims improving a bit!😊   

Sure those bedframes are metal, so why can't we chop em up????

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

When they were eating ,no it didn't really. But I wasn't really aiming properly! ☺  they just yelped and ran off! 

Got a bit frustrated at some point and just started throwing stones at everything though! It was a bit hit and miss!😁   I think i hit a few deer on the nose so I think my aims improving a bit!😊   

Sure those bedframes are metal, so why can't we chop em up????

😄 So funny, can just imagine you taking out your frustration on everything. Poor animals, really will be the red-nosed reindeer 😜

I agree, was a bit disappointed about the beds. Would have provided a decent amount that lot 😫

1 minute ago, Matt Lomax said:

😄 So funny, can just imagine you taking out your frustration on everything. Poor animals, really will be the red-nosed reindeer 😜

I agree, was a bit disappointed about the beds. Would have provided a decent amount that lot 😫

Its their own fault for not running in the right direction ie .. Wolfie's mouth😀   how am I supposed to steal their dinner if they don't have any.  Mind you they should be able to go back to the carcasses I scared them away from in the first place! 

So many uneaten bodies laying around , looks like Santa had a really bad day!😀

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Its their own fault for not running in the right direction ie .. Wolfie's mouth😀   how am I supposed to steal their dinner if they don't have any.  Mind you they should be able to go back to the carcasses I scared them away from in the first place! 

So many uneaten bodies laying around , looks like Santa had a really bad day!😀

And you're standing there with your knife and fork at the ready 😄 Never understood why they never return to a kill once disturbed 🤔

12 minutes ago, Matt Lomax said:

And you're standing there with your knife and fork at the ready 😄 Never understood why they never return to a kill once disturbed 🤔

Got too much moose meat to need deer. 🙂 But I might make some deer hides pants though.  Never used them before ,and they might make me more appealing  to the wolves!?   But so many feathers over the next few days!   Couple of corpses too!  

Doesn't make much sense really does it, like a starving animal would leave all that food alone! 

Still didn't get the corpse at Spence's by the way!  Perhaps he's just following you around?😁 👻

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Got too much moose meat to need deer. 🙂 But I might make some deer hides pants though.  Never used them before ,and they might make me more appealing  to the wolves!?   But so many feathers over the next few days!   Couple of corpses too!  

Doesn't make much sense really does it, like a starving animal would leave all that food alone! 

Still didn't get the corpse at Spence's by the way!  Perhaps he's just following you around?😁 👻

Very true, a moosey meatfeast for sure. The deer pants are great. Warm but itchy 😜 Interesting point, will the wolves find you all the more enticing? 🤔

Haha! Yeah, probably the same corpse from The Riken 😬 They seem to be appearing and disappearing, teleporting and whatever else quite often. Freaks me out, but in a healthy way.

19 minutes ago, Matt Lomax said:

Very true, a moosey meatfeast for sure. The deer pants are great. Warm but itchy 😜 Interesting point, will the wolves find you all the more enticing? 🤔

Haha! Yeah, probably the same corpse from The Riken 😬 They seem to be appearing and disappearing, teleporting and whatever else quite often. Freaks me out, but in a healthy way.

Well it'd be a first ! Never enticed anything in my life😁 

The Riken?  Wondered where mine had gone from there? Or is it the same one?  Timeshare for corpses? 🤔  

Is there a healthy way to freak out? 

19 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Well it'd be a first ! Never enticed anything in my life😁 

The Riken?  Wondered where mine had gone from there? Or is it the same one?  Timeshare for corpses? 🤔  

Is there a healthy way to freak out? 

Haha! What are you like? 😄 You do make me laugh.

I think it's a weird dimensional rift between our worlds, we're trapped in time on the island. Luckily, my crow posties have learned to bypass it and deliver mail inter-dimensionally 👍 Win-win for the baldy crow army.

Sure is, once you've met Wolfenfeatures in person you'll learn to embrace both fear and appreciation simultaneously ... Particularly at how well-groomed he is.

Edited by Matt Lomax

6 minutes ago, Matt Lomax said:

Haha! What are you like? 😄 You do make me laugh.

I think it's a weird dimensional rift between our worlds, we're trapped in time on the island. Luckily, my crow army have learned to bypass it and deliver mail inter-dimensionally 👍 Win-win for the baldy crow army.

Sure is, once you've met Wolfenfeatures in person you'll learn to embrace both fear and appreciation simultaneously ... Particularly at how well-groomed he is.

😁😁  

What happened to my delivery anyway?  Crows go to the wrong dimension? You just can't get the staff these days 🙂

6 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

😁😁  

What happened to my delivery anyway?  Crows go to the wrong dimension? You just can't get the staff these days 🙂

You see, the problem is when they spot a corpse they have to circle it for 3 or 4 days at a time ... It's a hard habit to break. But they're getting there ... Slowly 😬

• Upvote 1

Lol! 😁 Pity they can't drop any feathers, might've come in handy ! At least in one of the dimensions anyway! 

Slightly off topic, I'm listening to something very big crashing around in my garden! Funny really the only big things out there were a bench and a trellis?😁

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Lol! 😁 Pity they can't drop any feathers, might've come in handy ! At least in one of the dimensions anyway! 

Slightly off topic, I'm listening to something very big crashing around in my garden! Funny really the only big things out there were a bench and a trellis?😁

😂 That would be nice. Shame they're all bald 😜

😬😱 Sounds scary. Could be the wind ... Could be a stray cave troll? 🤔 Bit worrying though, hope it's nothing being damaged 😫

11 minutes ago, Matt Lomax said:

😂 That would be nice. Shame they're all bald 😜

😬😱 Sounds scary. Could be the wind ... Could be a stray cave troll? 🤔 Bit worrying though, hope it's nothing being damaged 😫

Actually sounds like metal!  But it'll probably end up in my pond,whatever it is?😁   

Remind me why they are bald again😁  makes them more aerodynamic I guess?

Edited by Leeanda
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Actually sounds like metal!  But it'll probably end up in my pond,whatever it is?😁   

Remind me why they are bald again😁  makes them more aerodynamic I guess?

😬 Sounds bad. Least the pond won't go hungry.

They're bald cos I have a shaving problem. I started a Shavers Anonymous Group at Milton. Surprisingly, only myself and Wolfenfeatures turned up 🙄 And he's not even real. Mind you, neither is Milton ...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Matt Lomax said:

😬 Sounds bad. Least the pond won't go hungry.

They're bald cos I have a shaving problem. I started a Shavers Anonymous Group at Milton. Surprisingly, only myself and Wolfenfeatures turned up 🙄 And he's not even real. Mind you, neither is Milton ...

🤣🤣🤣 

19 hours ago, Leeanda said:

Sounds like you've been very busy!    Not sure what the difficulty is on Archivist  but definitely not as easy as pilgrim. 

I think the difficulty is a modified Voyager level. The wolves will definitely seek you out if you are "smelly" but otherwise you can carefully sneak around or avoid them if you know the maps.

I actually had one follow me from the Quonset Garage in CH all the way to the trailer up on the hillside leading to the Cinder's Hill Mine.  He growled at me the whole time until I finally lit up a flare, turned and threw it at him. Then I promptly sprained my ankle ☺️

The 2 wolves on Crystal Lake in TWM left me alone until I caught myself quite a few fish and tried to make it back the the Mountaineer's Hut WAY overburdened. I ended up dropping a fish as a decoy and both went after it! Yes!

Playing a Challenge is strange for me. Totally different mindset -- take only what you need & get in and out of the required areas as quickly as you can; restock, repair, sharpen, cook up water, sleep and then dump stuff and keep moving! It hurts my prepper's heart to drop that whetstone or sewing kit or those climbing socks and hope there's more waiting for me around the bend!

I pretty much keep one hacksaw in my typical game-play and just repair it whenever I can. I'm much more attached to multiple hatchets and knives. Have hardly ever carried a hammer more than a day or two.

How are you prepping for a possible mauling?? For instance -- do you take off your best hats or gloves and sacrifice the crappier ones? I'm ticked that I let my comfy rabbit hat get damaged twice and I don't have time to cure pelts/guts and repair it ...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, twyn1 said:

I think the difficulty is a modified Voyager level. The wolves will definitely seek you out if you are "smelly" but otherwise you can carefully sneak around or avoid them if you know the maps.

I actually had one follow me from the Quonset Garage in CH all the way to the trailer up on the hillside leading to the Cinder's Hill Mine.  He growled at me the whole time until I finally lit up a flare, turned and threw it at him. Then I promptly sprained my ankle ☺️

The 2 wolves on Crystal Lake in TWM left me alone until I caught myself quite a few fish and tried to make it back the the Mountaineer's Hut WAY overburdened. I ended up dropping a fish as a decoy and both went after it! Yes!

Playing a Challenge is strange for me. Totally different mindset -- take only what you need & get in and out of the required areas as quickly as you can; restock, repair, sharpen, cook up water, sleep and then dump stuff and keep moving! It hurts my prepper's heart to drop that whetstone or sewing kit or those climbing socks and hope there's more waiting for me around the bend!

I pretty much keep one hacksaw in my typical game-play and just repair it whenever I can. I'm much more attached to multiple hatchets and knives. Have hardly ever carried a hammer more than a day or two.

How are you prepping for a possible mauling?? For instance -- do you take off your best hats or gloves and sacrifice the crappier ones? I'm ticked that I let my comfy rabbit hat get damaged twice and I don't have time to cure pelts/guts and repair it ...

I think I managed to  last about 3 days when I tried  the Whiteout challenge!!  Got mauled outside the back of the Quonset hut, twice! Never tried a challenge since! 🙂 

Im glad you're doing well and I hope those pesky mutts leave you alone! 

I actually never thought about changing into bad clothes!  There's so much cloth around  to fix everything for quite a while. Except the bunny gloves of course, but I've got hides curing for them!  I just take them from the wolves as they seem to be the main prey. 

Lucky me😁

• Like 1