Many Wishes: a bike, growing plants, seasons, candles, cooking, second survivor, domesticate wolfes, etc.

KaryDF

4 minutes ago, piddy3825 said:

I always find it amusing how everybody gets polarized over their views of this "game."  

I think it's fairly obvious this game is not a survival simulator.  Hinterland never intended for it to be portrayed in that way.
It is however,  "survival fantasy!"  Pure and simple.   With all the artistic license that a fantasy game embraces!

The wish list has more posts than any other thread on the forums, over 38,000 posts comprising 183 pages of requests for new items, ongoing ideas for improvement, 
debate and opinion.    If the game mechanics were truer to real life conditions,  then we probably wouldn't be seeing some of the mods that have been introduced by the modding community of players.  As to modding, choose to mod or choose not to mod. 

It's your game afterall, play the way you want to play!

Why just survive, when you can campout and thrive!

Well said young man!  Smores anyone?🙂

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, piddy3825 said:

I always find it amusing how everybody gets polarized over their views of this "game."  

I think it's fairly obvious this game is not a survival simulator.  Hinterland never intended for it to be portrayed in that way.
It is however,  "survival fantasy!"  Pure and simple.   With all the artistic license that a fantasy game embraces!

The wish list has more posts than any other thread on the forums, over 38,000 posts comprising 183 pages of requests for new items, ongoing ideas for improvement, 
debate and opinion.    If the game mechanics were truer to real life conditions,  then we probably wouldn't be seeing some of the mods that have been introduced by the modding community of players.  As to modding, choose to mod or choose not to mod. 

You took the words right out of my mouth! I agree with @Leeanda, very well said

If it were a true survival situation, aurora wolves and bears wouldn't exist, bears would be hibernating, wolves would be less half as aggressive, the list goes on

But its not a true survival situation, and in my opinion, that's why it's so fun. 

People should be able to post their own ideas, and not worry about getting reprimanded by 'hardcore' players who want nothing but things that make the game hard or realistic. 

It seems I started a bit of a debate in this thread and I apologise, it wasn't my intention 

Edited by Catlover
  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Catlover said:

You took the words right out of my mouth! I agree with @Leeanda, very well said

If it were a true survival situation, aurora wolves and bears wouldn't exist, bears would be hibernating, wolves would be less half as aggressive, the list goes on

But its not a true survival situation, and in my opinion, that's why it's so fun. 

People should be able to post their own ideas, and not worry about getting reprimanded by 'hardcore' players who want nothing but things that make the game hard or realistic. 

It seems I started a bit of a debate in this thread and I apologise, it wasn't my intention 

You did nothing wrong!  You're one of the politest people on the forum and you're allowed your opinion as much as anyone else! 

Nothing wrong with a debate either!  Ask long as it's civil !🙂

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Leeanda said:

You did nothing wrong!  You're one of the politest people on the forum and you're allowed your opinion as much as anyone else! 

Nothing wrong with a debate either!  Ask long as it's civil !🙂

Aw thanks! Same with you. In fact the vast majority of the people here are very polite and civil. It's a reason why I'm active here so much

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, piddy3825 said:

Couldn't have said it any better, a lot of respect for this comment. It's pure apocalyptic fantasy and escapism. Customisation exists to play and experience it as you prefer based on your own desires. Seems that was the intention of the developers and deserves plaudits for depth of options/specificity. It would be pretty tragic to load up a game just to impress someone else, or think our experiences are more relevant/significant when each run is unique to the individual and builds on our own personal fantasy.

14 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Aw thanks! Same with you. In fact the vast majority of the people here are very polite and civil. It's a reason why I'm active here so much

I completely agree with everything you've said and how positive and constructive you always are. Ideas and experiences are unique to us all and should be embraced and respected as such.

Can honestly say I've disagreed with a lot of things people would like added to the game but they're always fun to read and, mostly, very creative. Surely evidences the fact that the game inspires imagination and how differently we all experience it. And that, my friends, deserves celebrating 💪

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Matt Lomax said:

I completely agree with everything you've said and how positive and constructive you always are. Ideas and experiences are unique to us all and should be embraced and respected as such.

Can honestly say I've disagreed with a lot of things people would like added to the game but they're always fun to read and, mostly, very creative. Surely evidences the fact that the game inspires imagination and how differently we all experience it. And that, my friends, deserves celebrating 💪

Thank you, you're too kind 😊 

I often disagree with peoples ideas too, and sometimes state that, in a civil manner of course, but I enjoy reading through and seeing everybody's ideas. They are indeed very creative and don't deserve to be just shot down when they're not realistic enough. 

Everyone on this forum is definitely very imaginative with all of their ideas, stories, artwork. It's a lovely forum that I'm honoured to be a part of. 

It certainly needs celebrating. @Leeandatime to bring out the smores! 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Thank you, you're too kind 😊 

I often disagree with peoples ideas too, and sometimes state that, in a civil manner of course, but I enjoy reading through and seeing everybody's ideas. They are indeed very creative and don't deserve to be just shot down when they're not realistic enough. 

Everyone on this forum is definitely very imaginative with all of their ideas, stories, artwork. It's a lovely forum that I'm honoured to be a part of. 

It certainly needs celebrating. @Leeandatime to bring out the smores! 

Not at all, just saying it as I see it. Told you before you're a 🌟 People deserve the right to voice their opinions, people reserve the right to disagree as long as it's respectful and constructive. And people who defend that mantra earn my total respect 👊

Smores sound good, Wolfy's already got his apron on ready 💪🐺

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Matt Lomax said:

Not at all, just saying it as I see it. Told you before you're a 🌟 People deserve the right to voice their opinions, people reserve the right to disagree as long as it's respectful and constructive. And people who defend that mantra earn my total respect 👊

Smores sound good, Wolfy's already got his apron on ready 💪🐺

Still, thank you 🙂 Little things like that really do mean a lot. 

Right back at you, of course! You're a legend and a pleasure to talk to (speaking of which I still need to answer your pm, oops) 

People definitely deserve the right to have opinions. It's when they start the whole 'I'm right, you're wrong' frame of mind that it breaks forum rules and winds up with a locked thread, which would be unfair to the op that merely wanted to share their own ideas

And I completely agree, I respect so many people here, even those who I share a differing opinion with, simply because they share their different points in a civil manner. There is a fine line between arguing and debating, and I fully respect those that do their best to not cross it.

What's Wolfy cooking? Hopefully not predator meat, still not got level 5 cooking 😫 Would bring my t-wolves but they're likely to eat everything. It's happened before, way to ruin a party 😅

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2

Just now, Catlover said:

Still, thank you 🙂 Little things like that really do mean a lot. 

Right back at you, of course! You're a legend and a pleasure to talk to (speaking of which I still need to answer your pm, oops) 

People definitely deserve the right to have opinions. It's when they start the whole 'I'm right, you're wrong' frame of mind that it breaks forum rules and winds up with a locked thread, which would be unfair to the op that merely wanted to share their own ideas

And I completely agree, I respect so many people here, even those who I share a differing opinion with, simply because they share their different points in a civil manner. There is a fine line between arguing and debating, and I fully respect those that do their best to not cross it.

What's Wolfy cooking? Hopefully not predator meat, still not got level 5 cooking 😫 Would bring my t-wolves but they're likely to eat everything. It's happened before, way to ruin a party 😅

Exactly. It's a concept sadly lost on a lot of public forums and social media in particular. I mean, I rarely agree with my own ideas so ... Would seem unfair to judge someone else's 😄 We're very good at being objective but quick to forget we're clouded by our own subjective experiences and prejudices. It's how we compose ourselves and respect others that matters, in my humble opinion.

Haha! Keep your t-wolves away ... Wolfy won't have uncivilised beasts loitering near the barbecue drinking their fermented peach juice. Oh, he's cooking shaved fish and ketchup chips ... Your favourite, he reckons 🤔😄

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Just now, Matt Lomax said:

Exactly. It's a concept sadly lost on a lot of public forums and social media in particular. I mean, I rarely agree with my own ideas so ... Would seem unfair to judge someone else's 😄 We're very good at being objective but quick to forget we're clouded by our own subjective experiences and prejudices. It's how we compose ourselves and respect others that matters, in my humble opinion.

Haha! Keep your t-wolves away ... Wolfy won't have uncivilised beasts loitering near the barbecue drinking their fermented peach juice. Oh, he's cooking shaved fish and ketchup chips ... Your favourite, he reckons 🤔😄

Yes, I completely agree. This forum is one of the most polite around, imo, but even so there are still a few people who are unfortunately quick to judge. Everything you've said makes absolute sense. I try share my differing opinions when appropriate, but I would never judge another's idea for the game. It's their wish, and if someone has another opinion, of course that's ok, but arguing against it is not. 

And ooh I'll be there. Don't worry, I've left the t-wolves back in BI to harass other survivors. I can't wait for shaved fish, my favourite 😜 (Still wondering how you shave their little scales. What do you even use? A scale razor? Scazor? Lol 😁

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Catlover said:

Yes, I completely agree. This forum is one of the most polite around, imo, but even so there are still a few people who are unfortunately quick to judge. Everything you've said makes absolute sense. I try share my differing opinions when appropriate, but I would never judge another's idea for the game. It's their wish, and if someone has another opinion, of course that's ok, but arguing against it is not. 

And ooh I'll be there. Don't worry, I've left the t-wolves back in BI to harass other survivors. I can't wait for shaved fish, my favourite 😜 (Still wondering how you shave their little scales. What do you even use? A scale razor? Scazor? Lol 😁

Exactly. This is the warmest, most receptive forum I've had the pleasure of joining. A great bunch of folk always worth listening to 💪

Wait ... How? How did you find out about the scazor? 😱 I must ready my skeleton army to invade your timberwolf intelligence department 🙊

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Matt Lomax said:

Exactly. This is the warmest, most receptive forum I've had the pleasure of joining. A great bunch of folk always worth listening to 💪

Wait ... How? How did you find out about the scazor? 😱 I must ready my skeleton army to invade your timberwolf intelligence department 🙊

Haha how did you find out about my intelligence department! You bring your armies, my timberwolves will tear them to pieces like they have done with many a survivor (including me 😭) We can take on a mere skeleton army like yours 😜

100%, this is a lovely forum which I am very glad I joined. I love how active it is too, other forums I'm a part of are either dead or dying, but the tld fandom is still going strong

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Haha how did you find out about my intelligence department! You bring your armies, my timberwolves will tear them to pieces like they have done with many a survivor (including me 😭) We can take on a mere skeleton army like yours 😜

100%, this is a lovely forum which I am very glad I joined. I love how active it is too, other forums I'm a part of are either dead or dying, but the tld fandom is still going strong

🤣 Yep, these pesky mutts always bite the hand that feeds! And, um, may have my own intel division going on ... But he's busy barbecuing and not very intelligent 🙄

Well said, also says something about the longevity of the game and the passion for the project of the developers 👍😎

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Matt Lomax said:

🤣 Yep, these pesky mutts always bite the hand that feeds! And, um, may have my own intel division going on ... But he's busy barbecuing and not very intelligent 🙄

Well said, also says something about the longevity of the game and the passion for the project of the developers 👍😎

Agreed, and I feel like, with all their plans of splitting the game, etc, the popularity for this game will only continue to rise. 

And haha very true, especially with my cats 😭 Hope your intel division can look away from the grill for a moment. Turns out timberwolves aren't the brightest either

Edited by Catlover
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Glad I erased my comment now! You two are much more eloquent than I'll ever be. 

I've seen your posts and you're just as eloquent, definitely more than me, lol! Yet to see a post of yours that wasn't lovely and polite. 

Also, we've done it again, kind of unintentionally hijacking a post. What is it with us! 

5 minutes ago, Catlover said:

I've seen your posts and you're just as eloquent, definitely more than me, lol! Yet to see a post of yours that wasn't lovely and polite. 

Also, we've done it again, kind of unintentionally hijacking a post. What is it with us! 

Thanks but you didn't read it.  🙂  They might be polite but some take a lot of editing ! Quite a lot actually 🙂 and they still don't come out anywhere near !  

But  let's just get the smores out and celebrate the game for being an incredible piece of work.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Leeanda said:

Thanks but you didn't read it.  🙂  They might be polite but some take a lot of editing ! Quite a lot actually 🙂 and they still don't come out anywhere near !  

But  let's just get the smores out and celebrate the game for being an incredible piece of work.

No I didn't read it, but I'm sure it was just as polite as the rest of your posts 🙂 

And yep! It certainly needs celebrating for just being awesome 👍😁

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Catlover said:

No I didn't read it, but I'm sure it was just as polite as the rest of your posts 🙂 

And yep! It certainly needs celebrating for just being awesome 👍😁

Of course 🙂 manners cost nothing.   Still rubbish though lol😁

How about some herbal tea with the smores?  Maybe a good old fashioned sing song round the campfire!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2022 at 10:32 PM, Matt Lomax said:

I like all of these suggestions. I wish there was an option to tidy away all those tattered bits of paper, broken tv's and drawers strewn about the place. Surely you could break down tv's for scrap metal, drawers for wood, loose paper to burn and paint pots to use as bongos when the urge arises.

Yes! And imagine collecting batteries for your flashlight! 

• Like 1

On 2/10/2022 at 3:40 AM, piddy3825 said:

If you are playing the game on PC, then you are in luck!

Check out the modding thread for your prayers have been answered.  

That sounds awesome! Is there a chance to get this mods for PS4/5? 

On 3/2/2022 at 5:14 AM, The Lord of the Long Dark said:

Nope too all of them. 
 The lantern is a candle. Also developers know that you want to limit the mechanics for being able to read at night without needing fuel. This is a survival game not a camping game. 
  You can’t grow stuff in subarctic conditions period.

A bike. In feet of snow?   Smh. 

The lack of seasons is what makes the game a challenge. If they do seasons the game would be way too easy. It’s also unnecessary anyway. by the time a season change occurred a player already has resources established. It should be opposite- game should get stormier and colder over time. 
  And finally no pets. In a survival situation you eat your pets, not train them.  Plus the loneliness is part of survival. Those who are too weak to survive without a companion are first to die in a survival situation.  
Survival game. Not camping. 

I think it's highly unlikely to go through lost villages without finding any candle or person or a bike at all. As soon as you find another person, the survival situation is going to get another dynamic. That's why I enjoyed "wintermute" so much. I think, this survival situation is far more realistic, when other people are involved. 

And the bike could definitely work on the roads, as long as they're not destroyed. For the snow part, you could carry it, or leave it on thr side. It's just because I'm very impatient at a long term.

I would love to have different options: one for hardcore survivals, and one for people like me: that ones that struggle with the "pilgrim" mode, but love the game because of it's visuals and countysides. For people like me, that plays only near villages anyways, there could be a little more features, to make survival a little more comfortable/realistic/enjoyable. Because that's what a survival situation would be after 500 days. You wouldn't survive anymore, you would start to thrive. And one day or another you would start seek company, in what form soever. 🙂

29 minutes ago, Catlover said:

I don't think there are mods for console yet, unfortunately 

Oh.. too bad. Well I guess I have to wait if TLD will add some new features then. 

Btw: thank you for defending my ideas 😄

1 hour ago, KaryDF said:

Oh.. too bad. Well I guess I have to wait if TLD will add some new features then. 

Btw: thank you for defending my ideas 😄

No problem! I don't like when people just put other peoples ideas down for no reason. I thought you have some good ideas! 

And hopefully they'll add console mods soon, it's likely, with how many players are on console but of course I don't know unfortunately 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1