Ever Play The Long Dark in a Cold Room?

Roberto Tomba

Just now, Leeanda said:

We should start that club !🙂  Your  name for it was good by the way. 

But maybe on another page before the OP tears his hair out! 🙂

Haha maybe a good idea, I do feel guilty.

And I'm glad you like it! I thought it was a bit cheesy lol

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Haha maybe a good idea, I do feel guilty.

And I'm glad you like it! I thought it was a bit cheesy lol

You and me both!  

No it's good ,  just didn't think to say it last night!🙂 

Yes ,good idea.  I'll have a look round, 😁 

Got to go now and do some PM's.before my batts go! 

Edited by Leeanda
  • Upvote 1

Hi guys, just caught up with the conversation. Thank you for your kind words, not really sure what to say other than I appreciate every sentiment and I find them very touching. Compliments are very rare and I'm rubbish at accepting them 😄 You're both great, and I echo your kindness back at you ☺

I totally relate with trying to keep up, especially in spoken conversation. I get distracted by things around me sometimes too. It can be draining trying to focus at times.

As for the house, it's still standing but the wind hasn't calmed any. Still feels like it's about to grow legs and run off down the street 😬😜

Sorry for the delay, hope you're both good.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Matt Lomax said:

Hi guys, just caught up with the conversation. Thank you for your kind words, not really sure what to say other than I appreciate every sentiment and I find them very touching. Compliments are very rare and I'm rubbish at accepting them 😄 You're both great, and I echo your kindness back at you ☺

I totally relate with trying to keep up, especially in spoken conversation. I get distracted by things around me sometimes too. It can be draining trying to focus at times.

As for the house, it's still standing but the wind hasn't calmed any. Still feels like it's about to grow legs and run off down the street 😬😜

Sorry for the delay, hope you're both good.

It's alright. I'm good and hope you are too.

And with the distraction thing, I'm glad you understand but I wouldn't wish it on anyone. It's awful when you're trying to focus on something, like a conversation but you just can't

And no problem, we mean every compliment wholeheartedly. You're a great person and need to know it :)

also I'm glad about your house. When you didn't appear I was worried that you'd flown away, lol!

Edited by Catlover
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Catlover said:

It's alright. I'm good and hope you are too.

And with the distraction thing, I'm glad you understand but I wouldn't wish it on anyone. It's awful when you're trying to focus on something, like a conversation but you just can't

And no problem, we mean every compliment wholeheartedly. You're a great person and need to know it :)

Yeah I'm okay thank you, humbled by your comments ☺

Yeah it's terrible. So many things going on in your head and trying to push it to the back to listen and register what someone is saying. Happened a lot at work, like if someone was at the photocopier and it was horrendously loud. All I could hear was that mechanical noise over the conversation 😄 Yeah I relate all too well and it saddens me other folk have to suffer it.

Again, you're both awesome. I'm eternally grateful for your kind words.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Matt Lomax said:

Yeah I'm okay thank you, humbled by your comments ☺

Yeah it's terrible. So many things going on in your head and trying to push it to the back to listen and register what someone is saying. Happened a lot at work, like if someone was at the photocopier and it was horrendously loud. All I could hear was that mechanical noise over the conversation 😄 Yeah I relate all too well and it saddens me other folk have to suffer it.

Again, you're both awesome. I'm eternally grateful for your kind words.

That sounds a lot like my ADHD, lol. It can be an absolute pain. Most people can block out the small noises, but I just wonder how they do it. I'm at a busy place right now and I'm trying to block it out, but it's hard. 

And aw, thanks. You're amazing too, you know, it takes one to know one haha 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Catlover said:

That sounds a lot like my ADHD, lol. It can be an absolute pain. Most people can block out the small noises, but I just wonder how they do it. I'm at a busy place right now and I'm trying to block it out, but it's hard. 

And aw, thanks. You're amazing too, you know, it takes one to know one haha 

Haha! You'll be making my head swell at this rate 😜

And exactly that, so frustrating. Everything seems to take so much effort. Even small-talk. I'm terrible at it in RL. People can talk about any old thing and I'm lost for words half the time or just find it a bit tedious 😂 That sounds mean, but you know what I mean hopefully 😜

Good luck with your present situation, I'm positive you can do it as frustrating as it is 💪 It's too easy to retreat like I've gotten into the habit of doing 🙄

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Matt Lomax said:

Haha! You'll be making my head swell at this rate 😜

And exactly that, so frustrating. Everything seems to take so much effort. Even small-talk. I'm terrible at it in RL. People can talk about any old thing and I'm lost for words half the time or just find it a bit tedious 😂 That sounds mean, but you know what I mean hopefully 😜

Good luck with your present situation, I'm positive you can do it as frustrating as it is 💪 It's too easy to retreat like I've gotten into the habit of doing 🙄

Oh dear we have a red warning for wind and a snow warning. I may wind up in oz instead, haha

And your supportive words are honestly so encouraging. And if I can do it, you can to. 

And no worries I completely get it. I hate small talk and feel conversations need to have a meaning, not just about nothing. Though weather is exempt with that rule, haha. I'm learning how to be more like neurotypicals (hate that word) but it's hard. How do they do it, haha. 

And if your head swells, good! You seem like the kind of person who needs their ego boosting 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Catlover said:

Oh dear we have a red warning for wind and a snow warning. I may wind up in oz instead, haha

And your supportive words are honestly so encouraging. And if I can do it, you can to. 

And no worries I completely get it. I hate small talk and feel conversations need to have a meaning, not just about nothing. Though weather is exempt with that rule, haha. I'm learning how to be more like neurotypicals (hate that word) but it's hard. How do they do it, haha. 

And if your head swells, good! You seem like the kind of person who needs their ego boosting 

Guess I'll see you in the maelstrom headed for Oz, our houses floating side by side through the ether 😄 I'll give you a wave through the hole in the roof 👋

☺ Cheers, you're too kind. So strange you use the exact phrase I often use about conversations needing meaning. I can never grasp this talking without purpose thing. I'd rather sit lost in thought than gossip about other people or whatever 😄 Well, like you said, the weather is an exception 🤣 If I try to join in about stuff that I find uninteresting I actually get sick of hearing my own voice after a few seconds! Haha!

Neurotypicals, now that's a word I can't relate to but have heard from a psychologist. Good luck with it anyway, I know it's the hardest thing and I really wish it wasn't 😫

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Matt Lomax said:

Guess I'll see you in the maelstrom headed for Oz, our houses floating side by side through the ether 😄 I'll give you a wave through the hole in the roof 👋

☺ Cheers, you're too kind. So strange you use the exact phrase I often use about conversations needing meaning. I can never grasp this talking without purpose thing. I'd rather sit lost in thought than gossip about other people or whatever 😄 Well, like you said, the weather is an exception 🤣 If I try to join in about stuff that I find uninteresting I actually get sick of hearing my own voice after a few seconds! Haha!

Neurotypicals, now that's a word I can't relate to but have heard from a psychologist. Good luck with it anyway, I know it's the hardest thing and I really wish it wasn't 😫

Haha I'll give you a wave! Hopefully we'll see Leeanda there too lol. Though I hope she won't have as bad off a storm. 

And it's funny how alike we think! If I had to choose between silence and a meaningless conversation you know which I'd choose. I just don't get people, lol. Especially other girls. How many times can you talk about shoes before it gets boring

I'm doing OK at blending in so far, but it's difficult. I believe in us though! 

Edited by Catlover
  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Haha I'll give you a wave! Hopefully we'll see Leeanda there too lol. Though I hope she won't have as bad off a storm. 

And it's funny how alike we think! If I had to choose between silence and a meaningless conversation you know which I'd choose. I just don't get people, lol. Especially other girls. How many times can you talk about shoes before it gets boring

I'm doing OK at blending in so far, but it's difficult. I believe in us though! 

I think she was smart enough to put the anchor down last night, something metal clanging around in her garden anyway 😄 Yeah it's calmed down a fair bit, hope we've all seen the worst of it.

Same 👍 People are a mystery as are their motivations. I don't envy you shoe conversations, or Love Island, celebrities and all that nonsense 😄

You can do it! I sometimes pretend it's all a movie and I'm just following a script, just to keep a bit of interest 😜

• Upvote 1

Just now, Matt Lomax said:

I think she was smart enough to put the anchor down last night, something metal clanging around in her garden anyway 😄 Yeah it's calmed down a fair bit, hope we've all seen the worst of it.

Same 👍 People are a mystery as are their motivations. I don't envy you shoe conversations, or Love Island, celebrities and all that nonsense 😄

You can do it! I sometimes pretend it's all a movie and I'm just following a script, just to keep a bit of interest 😜

Haha I do that to, pretend I'm a main character around all of the boring people. Of course you and Leeanda are exceptions, lol

I wouldn't envy me either, haha. Though sometimes I don't mind listening to people drone on and on, I generally do. 

And haha I'm glad at least one of us will stay grounded, with tiles intact I hope

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1