Ever Play The Long Dark in a Cold Room?

Roberto Tomba

Just now, Leeanda said:

Bad winds but I've seen worse.  One of the neighbours had a tree blown onto his roof last year. Thankfully he was ok.  So could be worse. 

I think he's gone to play his game, probably needs to chill out  a bit! 

If that's possible with the racket out there! Or being mauled!

Oh no, I hope he isn't being mauled. Hopefully his house is still on the ground and yeah he probably has gone to play his game. I hope his run is going well. 

And oh no, I'm glad your neighbour was ok, that could have been really bad. Hopefully repairment costs weren't too much

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Oh no, I hope he isn't being mauled. Hopefully his house is still on the ground and yeah he probably has gone to play his game. I hope his run is going well. 

And oh no, I'm glad your neighbour was ok, that could have been really bad. Hopefully repairment costs weren't too much

Its a housing association place! Didn't cost him anything luckily! The tree was on council property anyway! 

11 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Yeah I get that, my brain just likes to do things as quickly as possible, even typing, lol. 

I'm looking forward to seeing your replies when you come up with them :)

I'm concerned that @Matt Lomax has disappeared though. With this storm, I wouldn't be surprised if he gets blown away! Is the storm affecting you at all @Leeanda?

Sorry 😬 I'm still here, been trying to figure out what to do with clothing on TLD. Trying to extend the life of my cloth for the bedroll. So I'm going all-animal clothing-wise. Unshaved, before you ask 😄

Funny you mentioned Oz, I'd originally typed that then edited it out again 😂 Feels like it here, a real barrage.

And my brain is a million miles an hour with thoughts/over-analysis and nonsense, so I get you. Sleep is something I'm not familiar with tbh.

Glad you're both still going strong anyway. Though when you mentioned my wind I thought you somehow knew I'd had four cans of Bud tonight 😜

Edited by Matt Lomax
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Matt Lomax said:

Sorry 😬 I'm still here, been trying to figure out what to do with clothing on TLD. Trying to extend the life of my cloth for the bedroll. So I'm going all-animal clothing-wise. Unshaved, before you ask 😄

Funny you mentioned Oz, I'd originally typed that then edited it out again 😂 Feels like it here, a real barrage.

Abd my brain is a million miles an hour with thoughts/over-analysis and nonsense, so I get you. Sleep is something I'm not familiar with tbh.

Glad you're both still going strong anyway. Though when you mentioned my wind I thought you somehow knew I'd had four cans of Bud tonight 😜

Lol!

And I'm glad you're still here and not flying off to oz! With luck you'll stay grounded all night. 

And haha I'm glad you get it. Hyperactivity can be a pain, though it generally doesn't affect my sleep, fortunately. 

Hopefully we'll be all able to make it until midnight and then I'll unfortunately probably need to go because I am quite busy tomorrow. 

Edited by Catlover
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Matt Lomax said:

And my brain is a million miles an hour with thoughts/over-analysis and nonsense, so I get you. Sleep is something I'm not familiar with tbh.

One of us is still going strong. Not me sadly! My anaemia tires me out 5 minutes after I get up! 

You or the animal unshaved?😁

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Just now, Leeanda said:

One of us is still going strong. Not me sadly! My anaemia tires me out 5 minutes after I get up! 

Haha I wouldn't trust @Matt Lomaxwith a shaver, by the sounds of it. 

And oh no, at least you're still here :)

Although, of course if you are tired, please sleep lol, I'd hate for you both to be really tired tomorrow

• Upvote 1

Just now, Catlover said:

Lol!

And I'm glad you're still here and not flying off to oz! With luck you'll stay grounded all night. 

And haha I'm glad you get it. Hyperactivity can be a pain, though it generally doesn't affect my sleep, fortunately. 

Hopefully we'll be all able to make it until midnight and then I'll unfortunately probably need to go because I am quite busy tomorrow. 

Hm, jury's out on staying grounded. Every few seconds there's a deep cracking sound and the walls vibrate as if the foundations are being lifted.

Yeah I have the obsessional thoughts side of OCD without the physical rituals. So things just dance around constantly without appeasement. Then the EUPD gets agitated and triggers anxiety then depression. A carousel of ridiculous mental nonsense. Agitation and hyperactivity are curious bedfellows. You're lucky with the sleep thing at least, if that's a positive you can derive from it.

5 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Sounds tough, honestly don't envy you that. We're a right bunch aren't we? 😄

Um, some things are better left a mystery 🤣🙉

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Matt Lomax said:

Hm, jury's out on staying grounded. Every few seconds there's a deep cracking sound and the walls vibrate as if the foundations are being lifted.

Yeah I have the obsessional thoughts side of OCD without the physical rituals. So things just dance around constantly without appeasement. Then the EUPD gets agitated and triggers anxiety then depression. A carousel of ridiculous mental nonsense. Agitation and hyperactivity are curious bedfellows. You're lucky with the sleep thing at least, if that's a positive you can derive from it.

I'm taking all of the positive things I can get. 

My friend deals with ocd and it sounds like no picnic at all, so I must applaud you for going through all of this and still staying sane. 

With me I have really bad attention issues, I'll get distracted because my brain is way too hyper then get stressed out because I know I'm distracted and just fall into a pit of despair, quite simply, lol. Though I have my coping strategies and I hope you have yours.

If you don't mind me asking, what's EUPD?

4 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

I will have to go soon!   The old eyes are five times more tired than the rest of me. But I've been looking at a screen since breakfast lol😁 

Never let him near you with a shaver!🤣

Haha no worries I'll stick to social distancing from him and that shaver, lol! 

And I'll go soon to, in about 15 mins. I'm really tired too lol

Edited by Catlover
  • Upvote 2

Yeah, but a group of what exactly? Thread hijackers? 😄

Haha I only messaged on here to share an opinion, I'm blaming you both for turning this into a 13 hour thread hijacking conversation 😂

Edited by Catlover

Yeah, but a group of what exactly? Thread hijackers? 😄

That's my excuse and im sticking to it 😜

We've already done that! Sorry OP!   Again!🙂  

Lol🤣

5 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Haha how about the British Buddies, lol! Any suggestions of your own?

Can I get back to you on that?  Probably tomorrow with my replies to all the other stuff I didn't answer earlier!😁

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Catlover said:

I'm taking all of the positive things I can get. 

My friend deals with ocd and it sounds like no picnic at all, so I must applaud you for going through all of this and still staying sane. 

With me I have really bad attention issues, I'll get distracted because my brain is way too hyper then get stressed out because I know I'm distracted and just fall into a pit of despair, quite simply, lol. Though I have my coping strategies and I hope you have yours.

If you don't mind me asking, what's EUPD?

Haha no worries I'll stick to social distancing from him and that shaver, lol! 

And I'll go soon to, in about 15 mins. I'm really tired too lol

That's all you can do. I'm same.

Not sure I'm sane, this is probably most coherent I've been for months. Been all over the place really. Much like you, one thing triggers something else and you can never quite find the right combination for peacefulness. So you despair instead and hope you can wake up the next day and press reset.

EUPD is 'emotionally unstable personality disorder' or 'borderline personality disorder' and it's horrendous. Emotions and nerves are a constant hyper-sensitive rollercoaster. It's borderline psychosis/schizophrenia and comes with hefty stigma. But it's basically people with no emotional armour, so we absorb everything on a deeply emotional level. Even simple things have profound, often hurtful, meanings even when they don't.

It's fascinating, and it sucks like all MH illnesses. I'm glad you have coping strategies, and I hope they're effective ☺

10 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Haha how about the British Buddies, lol! Any suggestions of your own?

I'm all for that one 👍👍

Edited by Matt Lomax
  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Matt Lomax said:

That's all you can do. I'm same.

Not sure I'm sane, this is probably most coherent I've been for months. Been all over the place really. Much like you, one thing triggers something else and you can never quite find the right combination for peacefulness. So you despair instead and hope you can wake up the next day and press reset.

EUPD is 'emotionally unstable personality disorder' or 'borderline personality disorder' and it's horrendous. Emotions and nerves are a constant hyper-sensitive rollercoaster. It's borderline psychosis/schizophrenia and comes with hefty stigma. But it's basically people with no emotional armour, so we absorb everything on a deeply emotional level. Even simple things have profound, often hurtful, meanings even when they don't. 

Oddly, that describes my ASD in a way, minus the psychosis and in a much milder form. I'm stupidly hypersensitive and I thought it was just overthinking but I've found that I get hurt by things far too easily, mostly because I subconsciously manipulate the meaning with some words, like fine, and ok into words that mean they don't want to talk to me, and such, and basically offend myself because I get so anxious over what they've said. Though I'm sure what you deal with is way worse and I hope it gets better. 

Edit- I mean it describes my asd and my anxiety, not just that. 

Edited by Catlover
  • Like 1