Ever Play The Long Dark in a Cold Room?

Roberto Tomba

2 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Haha these forums are the only place you can discuss weather, mental health and a game at the same time. 

First of all, thank you, it's been a pleasure getting to know you too :) 

And unfortunately you're quite right with the label thing. 

Back to that dreaded region, the devs really ought to change the description, it's definitely an advanced region to me lol (or maybe I'm just bad at the game 🤔

I always make sure to go there with a gun so I can shoot any wolf that tries to attack me. It's a good place to get target practise in, lol

Very true, good thing I enjoy disjointed conversations 😄

I can only say the government dropped me so fast from employment when I was diagnosed I hardly had time to grab my coat. Shocking, the difference between media lip service and the reality of dealing with MH conditions.

Nah, you're not bad at all, CH just has real attitude. Loves to entice you in with dreams of food and equipment before baring its fangs. I love the region though, now I'm into beachcombing too. Hypothermia forever ☺

Yeah, great point. Hone those skills. The bears are willing to accomodate especially.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Matt Lomax said:

Very true, good thing I enjoy disjointed conversations 😄

I can only say the government dropped me so fast from employment when I was diagnosed I hardly had time to grab my coat. Shocking, the difference between media lip service and the reality of dealing with MH conditions.

Nah, you're not bad at all, CH just has real attitude. Loves to entice you in with dreams of food and equipment before baring its fangs. I love the region though, now I'm into beachcombing too. Hypothermia forever ☺

Yeah, great point. Hone those skills. The bears are willing to accomodate especially.

The fact that they'd do that to you is disgusting. If it didn't matter pre diagnosis, why should it matter after? I just hope you're doing ok now. 

And haha that's very true. It has so much loot, but so many animals guarding said loot. Quonset in stalker is best left avoided unless in a blizzard or if you have a torch, sneaking past all those wolves needs skills I don't have lol.

3 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Catlover and Matt Lomax..

Quite honestly I'm kinda lost for words reading the last few posts ! 

Not like me at all😁 

You're both very nice, talented  caring people and I am honoured to know you both! 

Shucks ☺ You too 😘 I think I already told you my emotions are hyper, so ... Stop provoking my sensitivity 😜🤣 I'm joking, of course. Means a lot. Thank you. Privilege is mine.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Catlover and Matt Lomax..

Quite honestly I'm kinda lost for words reading the last few posts ! 

Not like me at all😁 

You're both very nice, talented  caring people and I am honoured to know you both! 

Aw, honestly that means so much. And right back at you, every bit of it! I was honestly not having a great day today but the both of you turned it right around. :)

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Catlover said:

The fact that they'd do that to you is disgusting. If it didn't matter pre diagnosis, why should it matter after? I just hope you're doing ok now. 

And haha that's very true. It has so much loot, but so many animals guarding said loot. Quonset in stalker is best left avoided unless in a blizzard or if you have a torch, sneaking past all those wolves needs skills I don't have lol.

Yeah, deemed a risk due to my emotional sensitivity ... A risk to what? Slapping the filing cabinet? Crying on the photocopier? 😄 Yeah it's all taboo. Bizarre. But thanks, self-rehabilitation is hard but I enjoy a challenge ... Hence TLD 😜

Never tried on Stalker, my nerves ... 😬 Honestly, spare pants required at the best of times.

Edited by Matt Lomax
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Matt Lomax said:

Yeah, deemed a risk due to my emotional sensitivity ... A risk to what? Slapping the filing cabinet? Crying on the photocopier? 😄 Yeah it's all taboo. Bizarre. But thanks, self-rehabilitation is hard but I enjoy a challenge ... Hence TLD 😜

Never tried on Stalker, my nerves ... 😬 Honestly, spare pants required at the best of times.

Haha you ought to try stalker, it sure keeps you on your toes!

Also that's just ridiculous but I'm glad you're so positive despite that. And haha yeah, TLD is great for self rehabilitation, it's calming in a very stressful way, if that makes sense lol

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Catlover said:

As are you :)

And lol I feel kinda guilty too, imagine how the OP would think when he checks this thread- 

😬 My apologies, OP. But you helped me on a transcendental level, if that's any consolation 😄

Btw, the more abstract the better. Calming in a stressful way is my kind of paradox 😂

Edited by Matt Lomax
  • Upvote 1

😬 My apologies, OP. But you helped me on a transcendental level, if thats any consolation 😄

Btw, the more abstract the better. Calming in a stressful way is my kind of paradox 😂

Yeah OP, I'm sorry too. But thank you for letting us hijacking your post, it's much appreciated :)

Amd haha completely agree, calming in a stressful way is the best. 

And I hope things have started to get better for you. TLD is the best therapy and I'm sure everyone would agree

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Yeah OP, I'm sorry too. But thank you for letting us hijacking your post, it's much appreciated :)

Amd haha completely agree, calming in a stressful way is the best. 

And I hope things have started to get better for you. TLD is the best therapy and I'm sure everyone would agree

Haha! Cheers, you too. Take it day-by-day, think current events have had an impact but ... We're all doing our best I think. What more can we do?

On-topic! Shock! Horror! But I think a few more tiles have just taken the plunge. Literally am about to play TLD in a very cold room with only a shadow of a roof left. Gulp 😬

TLD ... The perfect tonic.

And my walls are literally shaking. This house is lifting off tonight.

Edited by Matt Lomax
  • Like 1

Haha! Cheers, you too. Take it day-by-day, think current events have had an impact but ... We're all doing our best I think. What more can we do?

On-topic! Shock! Horror! But I think a few more tiles have just taken the plunge. Literally am about to play TLD in a very cold room with onky a shadow of a roof left. Gulp 😬

TLD ... The perfect tonic.

And my walls are literally shaking. This house is lifting off tonight.

Well if it's anything like the movies, I'll see you in Oz 😂 It's not too bad for us, just a bit of wind, but tomorrow will be a lot worse, I'm expected. Might go superglue those tiles down though, before it gets too bad lol.

And yes, I completely agree. If you're doing your best, there isn't anything else you can do. Things have improved greatly over the past year, and I can only hope it will be the same for you and @Leeanda. Just remember you're amazing (I mean we're british, it comes naturally to us 😁)

• Upvote 2

Also, we've been talking almost constantly for 13 hours!!! Well, that was when I sent my message that unintentionally got this whole thing started, lol. Though I'm definitely not sorry, I've loved chatting with you both. 

(Though, OP, I am sorry for how we've hijacked this, lol)

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Yeah I get that, my brain just likes to do things as quickly as possible, even typing, lol. 

I'm looking forward to seeing your replies when you come up with them :)

I'm concerned that @Matt Lomax has disappeared though. With this storm, I wouldn't be surprised if he gets blown away! Is the storm affecting you at all @Leeanda?

Bad winds but I've seen worse.  One of the neighbours had a tree blown onto his roof last year. Thankfully he was ok.  So could be worse. 

I think he's gone to play his game, probably needs to chill out  a bit! 

If that's possible with the racket out there! Or being mauled!

• Like 1