Ever Play The Long Dark in a Cold Room?

Roberto Tomba

@Leeanda @Matt Lomax 

Not surprised to see us brits have kinda taken over this thread,  haha. Anything about weather and we're here lol! 

We have had lots of wind, though not as much as Yorkshire. Tomorrow is meant to be bad for where I am so that will be fun lol. The MET office even said some blizzards in areas so I'll keep my fingers crossed, not seen one of those for ages! Hopefully we'll get some snow, and not just more rain

Edited by Catlover
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Catlover said:

@Leeanda @Matt Lomax 

Not surprised to see us brits have kinda taken over this thread,  haha. Anything about weather and we're here lol! 

We have had lots of wind, though not as much as Yorkshire. Tomorrow is meant to be bad for where I am so that will be fun lol

🤣👍 Never even considered that fact ... So true though. We're so obvious 😫😄 It's horrendous here at minute, some real creaking going on above me. Wheelie bins rolling like daleks down the street 😂

Hope you can survive tomorrow's turbulence okay and keep all your tiles intact 😬

• Upvote 2

Just now, Matt Lomax said:

🤣👍 Never even considered that fact ... So true though. We're so obvious 😫😄 It's horrendous here at minute, some real creaking going on above me. Wheelie bins rolling like daleks down the street 😂

Hope you can survive tomorrow's turbulence okay and keep all your tiles intact 😬

Oh no, I haven't had to chase my bins yet but fingers crossed I won't have to lol. It's already a lot windier now so I guess your PV storm is already on its way to us. We'll say goodbye to our tiles in advance 😂

And haha yup, I've stopped denying british stereotypes. Our weather is just too interesting to not talk about. I swear more than once we've had heavy hail, rain, a bit of snow and sun all in one day. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Matt Lomax said:

😂 Or so you'd assume ... 🤔

If you mean no toilet then eeww!😁 

Winds blowing in the night, distant howling and no toilet?  Sounds just like PV farm😁 unless Sherlock Holmes is running around with his mag lens!..

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Oh no, I haven't had to chase my bins yet but fingers crossed I won't have to lol. It's already a lot windier now so I guess your PV storm is already on its way to us. We'll say goodbye to our tiles in advance 😂

And haha yup, I've stopped denying british stereotypes. Our weather is just too interesting to not talk about. I swear more than once we've had heavy hail, rain, a bit of snow and sun all in one day. 

😂 Yeah exactly, and a rainbow to cap it all off after the earthquake 😄 So true. It is oddly fascinating though, must be in our DNA.

It's always windier on bin collection day, weird that. It's like mother nature knows and conspires 🤔 Good luck if you do get this gale, it's relentless. Hammering down as well now. Poor wheelies 😫

Edited by Matt Lomax
Typo
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Matt Lomax said:

😂 Yeah exactly, and a rainbow to cap ot all off after the earthquake 😄 So true. It is oddly fascinating though, must be in our DNA.

It's always windier on bin collection day, weird that. It's like mother nature knows and conspires 🤔 Good luck if you do get this gale, it's relentless. Hammering down as well now. Poor wheelies 😫

Poor weelies indeed 😢  Its raining for us but only drizzling. I'm expecting it to pick up soon though. And haha yeah, mother nature seems to hate britain - and bins! 

And yup,  it's a gene that all British people have: to be obsessed about weather and come together on any post that mentions it 😂

Edited by Catlover
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

If you mean no toilet then eeww!😁 

Winds blowing in the night, distant howling and no toilet?  Sounds just like PV farm😁 unless Sherlock Holmes is running around with his mag lens!..

Oh I have a toilet, but I use it as a drinks dispenser naturally. If it's good enough for Big Bear ... 😜

If Sherlock Holmes had no toilet, would that make him no-poop-Sherlock? 😄

4 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Poor weelies indeed 😢  Its raining for us but only drizzling. I'm expecting it to pick up soon though. And haha yeah, mother nature seems to hate britain - and bins! 

And yup,  it's a gene that all British people have: to be obsessed about weather and come together on any post that mentions it 😂

🤣 Man, it's always been like this. Must be the small island complex we have. I'll keep my fingers crossed for a deluge for you, with people floating by in wheelie bins and dogs on jet skis, so we can continue to be enthralled like true Brits 😄 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Matt Lomax said:

🤣 Man, it's always been like this. Must be the small island complex we have. I'll keep my fingers crossed for a deluge for you, with people floating by in wheelie bins and dogs on jet skis, so we can continue to be enthralled like true Brits 😄

Haha thanks, I'll keep my fingers crossed for me too 🤞 

I'll be sure to send some pictures to you and @Leeanda somewhere here, if I see people floating by, so we can all be enthralled together 😂 Hoping to see some dogs on jet skis though, now that's something I'd want to see 😂👍

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Matt Lomax said:

Oh I have a toilet, but I use it as a drinks dispenser naturally. If it's good enough for Big Bear ... 😜

If Sherlock Holmes had no toilet, would that make him no-poop-Sherlock? 😄

Well at least you're prepared for emergencies!  That's something else we're good at! Stocking up on tons of toilet roll ,like it's the most precious resource we have😁

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Well at least you're prepared for emergencies!  That's something else we're good at! Stocking up on tons of toilet roll ,like it's the most precious resource we have😁

Hahaha, it's ridiculous how true that is. Even now sometimes it can be hard to find toilet roll, even after places limited how much you can buy. 

Food, shower things, actual necessities, no point stocking up on them. But toilet roll!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Haha thanks, I'll keep my fingers crossed for me too 🤞 

I'll be sure to send some pictures to you and @Leeanda somewhere here, if I see people floating by, so we can all be enthralled together 😂 Hoping to see some dogs on jet skis though, now that's something I'd want to see 😂👍

Haha! Well, you never know. I'll look forward to your watery apocalypse snaps 😎 Think I'd actually pay to watch dogs on jet skis 😄

1 minute ago, Leeanda said:

Don't get me started on the bog roll fiends 🤦😄 It's not normal to have such overwhelming anxieties for matters of a posterior nature 🙄

• Upvote 1

Don't get me started on the bog roll fiends 🤦😄 It's not normal to have such overwhelming anxieties for matters of a posterior nature 🙄

What would happen when we ran out though! It would be such a tradgedy 🤣

1 minute ago, Matt Lomax said:

Haha! Well, you never know. I'll look forward to your watery apocalypse snaps 😎 Think I'd actually pay to watch dogs on jet skis 😄

Haha me too but with look the first thing I'll see tomorrow is a bunch of dogs on skis and huskies pulling sleds down the road.

When I was a kid, we used to use our dog to pull our sled around, we couldn't go very fast and fell after two minutes but it was the best 😁

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Hahaha, it's ridiculous how true that is. Even now sometimes it can be hard to find toilet roll, even after places limited how much you can buy. 

Food, shower things, actual necessities, no point stocking up on them. But toilet roll!

Theres a lot to be said for buying online..  which I do . But even though it's bulk buying I don't buy enough to build a fort with🙂 

Anyway who needs water or food!  Silly idea😁

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leeanda said:

Theres a lot to be said for buying online..  which I do . But even though it's bulk buying I don't buy enough to build a fort with🙂 

Anyway who needs water or food!  Silly idea😁

Exactly! We need real necessities, like toilet roll. 

I never really bought online, not sure why, but at least I got my steps in going on a loo roll hunt lol 😅 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Catlover said:

What would happen when we ran out though! It would be such a tradgedy 🤣

Haha me too but with look the first thing I'll see tomorrow is a bunch of dogs on skis and huskies pulling sleds down the road.

When I was a kid, we used to use our dog to pull our sled around, we couldn't go very fast and fell after two minutes but it was the best 😁

Our backsides would shower more, I guess 🤔😄

Haha! That's awesome, would love a frozen England. More doom and gloom on the news, just what we need. Country grinds to a halt after an inch of rain 😂

Hope it wasn't a little Jack Russell or something 😬😂 Sounds cute actually. I used to pretend my dog was a horse and sit on his back ... Not good when you're 6' 4" 🤦😄

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Exactly! We need real necessities, like toilet roll. 

I never really bought online, not sure why, but at least I got my steps in going on a loo roll hunt lol 😅 

Well you could always use the loo roll to  draw a map of the shops that actually have anything in them

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Our backsides would shower more, I guess 🤔😄

Haha! That's awesome, would love a frozen England. More doom and gloom on the news, just what we need. Country grinds to a halt after an inch of rain 😂

Hope it wasn't a little Jack Russell or something 😬😂 Sounds cute actually. I used to pretend my dog was a horse and sit on his back ... Not good when you're 6' 4" 🤦😄

Haha he was a lab so made a decent sled dog. It was really cute, thinking about it. There was also a massive hill nearby and we'd get there when the sun was only just up to beat the other kids. Being homeschooled sure had it's perks when it snowed though, unless schools closed of course, which was fortunately rare. 

Haha what kind of dog was it? I imagine you couldn't do that now but that sounds really cute

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Matt Lomax said:

Or shaving animals! 😁

@Leeanda 😂 If a pet needs shaving, I'm there 😄 Wild animals, too 💪

@Catlover The dog we had growing up was a weird cross-breed Staffy thing. Not really sure. Don't think anyone really knew! He was fairly big but not bulky or anything.  Obviously I wasn't always 6' 4" either ... Would have looked odd as a child, but perhaps gone some way to explaining why the hand-me-down clothes never fit.

And lock down those bins! They only need a whisper of a breeze and they're off. Hope it isn't too severe for you. Bit calmer here, but getting colder. Still rattling the doors.

Edited by Matt Lomax