A proper prepper's cache

piddy3825

7 hours ago, Catlover said:

Wow, you're at it again! How long did it take you to stock up so much? I've found plenty of bunkers in my games but none of them that well stocked

it does take a long time to gather up a lot of that stuff and carry it to a central location.  a lot of it came from the summit on TWM and most everything else was gleaned from around the island.  but a little trick I will leave you with, is that if you drop a single cup serving out of a coffee tin, then you get one "tin of coffee" which you can pick up.  so, 5 cans of coffee, each serving dropped one at a time yields 25 tins which can be displayed.  it does take a bit of effort , since each single "can" has to be dropped, you need to move you character over a space, open inventory and drop a can.  it is pure repitition, over and over.  same goes for bullets.  except the minimum drop is usually two rounds at a time for a box to form. same process, open inventory, drop two rounds, close inventory, move character a few steps, open inventory...

• Upvote 3

Looks Great! It's pretty cool to see how much there actually is to find as you travel around. Well done!

I do wish we could actually hang the ropes, outer clothing & also maybe the rabbit skins on the various hooks and shelves with pegs underneath, I think that would look really nice. I have a cozy base in Trapper's Homestead and I would love to be able to use those pegs!

47 minutes ago, twyn1 said:

Looks Great! It's pretty cool to see how much there actually is to find as you travel around. Well done!

I do wish we could actually hang the ropes, outer clothing & also maybe the rabbit skins on the various hooks and shelves with pegs underneath, I think that would look really nice. I have a cozy base in Trapper's Homestead and I would love to be able to use those pegs!

you can do just that if you use the "place anywhere" mod.  

I've made my own "wall pegs/hangers" using sticks and placing them on the walls like coat hooks.  Then I place the clothing items over the sticks with a bit protruding so it appears like they are hanging from the hooks.  

screen_14e9ae78-1eb5-47a5-9446-aa958e49786d_hi.thumb.png.cc935f47b2dd3e5d43e94b7b288d4c70.png

Here's an example of using the sticks to hang my coats on the walls at the Mountaineer's Hut on TWM

In the prepper's cache I used firewood to build the wooden shelf holding the flares and flashlights. 
If you are into organizing your lair and like decorating your space as an intrical aspect of gameplay, I really suggest downloading and installing that particular mod!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, piddy3825 said:

Here's an example of using the sticks to hang my coats on the walls at the Mountaineer's Hut on TWM

I love Balaclava-Man! Balaclava-Man is my new superhero. :D

Back to the original video clip, given the presence of items and actions (turn lights on/off) I've never seen in Survival Mode, I assume this is from Story Mode, right?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Morrick said:

I love Balaclava-Man! Balaclava-Man is my new superhero. :D

Back to the original video clip, given the presence of items and actions (turn lights on/off) I've never seen in Survival Mode, I assume this is from Story Mode, right?

nope that is the regularly spawning  survival mode bunker in PV that is next to the rope climb leading to TWM.    I am/was playing with mods when I fleshed out the bunker.  the interior lighting is a mod called "House Lights" and the assortment of canned goods and non vanilla food is from "Foods by Waltz" and "Food Pack 4.5.1"
To get Balaclava-Man to stand up that way, I used "Place Anywhere" and "Better Stacking" which allowed me to better display the bountiful loot I had collected from around the island.  

I'm glad you liked liked "Balaclava-Man" as I intended it more as a testiment to the fact that those clothes hadn't ever been washed and were so crusty that they just stood up by themselves....   phew...  good thing it's so cold, you can imagine the stench of body odor wafting off those old soiled garments!O.o

2 hours ago, twyn1 said:

I play on X-Box, so I don't think mods are possible ... bummer

But I do appreciate the aesthetics of a well-planned shelving system

totally understand where you are coming from.  That's another reason why I ditched my consoles and went all in on PC's.  
But I do miss being able to play multiplayer on one big screen with 3 of my friends...  nothing better than quaffing a couple of beers and playing racing games 
like Need for Speed or Forza with my buddies on a school night!