Vanishing corpses

Leeanda

I know that deer carcasses are disappearing but I've just had 2 corpses disappear in TWM. One was beside the containers and the other on the way to deer clearing. They were both there before I went to Ash canyon. When I came back two days later they'd vanished.. is this just me.  Again!🙂 

Not just you. When I entered first time the connecting cave in Keeper's Pass (South to North), there was a human body in the large room. Coming back (same day) the body disappeared, but there was a deer carcass that I did not even touch. One (in game) day later also this one disappeared. There are plenty of bugs in this update.

• Upvote 1

hmmm, curious now.  Did you loot these corpses?  that might explain why they disappeared?  maybe they were supposed to be animal carcasses, but the AI randomly placed bodies there and the act of "looting" was akin to "harvesting" and the resulting post harvest mechanic made the bodies disappear.  either way, it's kinda cool if you ask me.  on the one hand, maybe it snowed so much the corpse is now covered over in snow?  on the other maybe the local hungry wildlife finally ate them up.

2 minutes ago, piddy3825 said:

hmmm, curious now.  Did you loot these corpses?  that might explain why they disappeared?  maybe they were supposed to be animal carcasses, but the AI randomly placed bodies there and the act of "looting" was akin to "harvesting" and the resulting post harvest mechanic made the bodies disappear.  either way, it's kinda cool if you ask me.  on the one hand, maybe it snowed so much the corpse is now covered over in snow?  on the other maybe the local hungry wildlife finally ate them up.

I did check the body next to the container but not the other one.  Have to also point out I found no carcasses either.

There were also no crows and no feathers  except the  crows at the cave at the bottom of the ravine.. 

I do have the bear and moose near the container, perhaps they took him for a little private dinner party.🙂

I'm seeing corpses in some areas but not others. In PV there was not a single corpse in the plane crash area, I think there are usually at least a few there in Survival mode?? Have not noticed any that I've passed and/or checked disappearing tho.

1 hour ago, twyn1 said:

I'm seeing corpses in some areas but not others. In PV there was not a single corpse in the plane crash area, I think there are usually at least a few there in Survival mode?? Have not noticed any that I've passed and/or checked disappearing tho.

intersting, although I honestly dont recall ever finding a corpse at the plane crash in PV in survival mode.  plenty in story mode, but never one in survival

1 minute ago, piddy3825 said:

intersting, although I honestly dont recall ever finding a corpse at the plane crash in PV in survival mode.  plenty in story mode, but never one in survival

Are you only playing on harder modes? I normally find 5 or 6 on pilgrim . Sometimes more. There used to be on custom too but haven't played them  in quite a while so it might've changed since.

1 minute ago, Leeanda said:

Are you only playing on harder modes? I normally find 5 or 6 on pilgrim . Sometimes more. There used to be on custom too but haven't played them  in quite a while so it might've changed since.

I typically play Stalker mode only on account I love the guns and haven't played custom mode for a long time.  That being said, it has been a long while since I've been up to the plane crash in PV, so memory could be faulty.  curious now though, is this only happening on newly launched games?  or is this occuring on older save game files as well?  

11 minutes ago, piddy3825 said:

I typically play Stalker mode only on account I love the guns and haven't played custom mode for a long time.  That being said, it has been a long while since I've been up to the plane crash in PV, so memory could be faulty.  curious now though, is this only happening on newly launched games?  or is this occuring on older save game files as well?  

The last save was weirder. In mystery there were no bodies next to the tracks for the first time ever until one suddenly turned up about 90 days in. Fell from a plane?☺️ Most of the maps were nearly empty except for in  the caves. This run desolation had 1 in the cave and none outside, CH had only a few and I only explored a bit of ash and saw 1. So there's a lot less than there should be. 

These are the only saves I had since the story update.

Edited by Leeanda

I did find 2 prepper caches in PV -- one was the clothing one, which was very well stocked (including an expedition parka!) -- but the "loot" in the cache up by the climb to TWM was sparse  -- I don't think were any water bottles, no whetstone, some badly deteriorated clothes and a sad lantern ... that was about it.

50 minutes ago, twyn1 said:

I did find 2 prepper caches in PV -- one was the clothing one, which was very well stocked (including an expedition parka!) -- but the "loot" in the cache up by the climb to TWM was sparse  -- I don't think were any water bottles, no whetstone, some badly deteriorated clothes and a sad lantern ... that was about it.

The abandoned cache is always like that ,it's rare to find anything really useful even on pilgrim.  But there still should be another one and it's just not there on this save.

1 hour ago, Bimbobjoejr. said:

Oh no, not more prepper cache talk. I spent so long wandering Blackrock looking for the cache and muttering to myself, " In the words of wise Mathis, 'someone is seriously trying to fuck with me'."

Was it not in the area I tried to describe?  Sorry ,wasn't familiar enough with the place to be more exact! 

I'm just wondering where all the plane crash bodies went!?

3 hours ago, Leeanda said:

The abandoned cache is always like that ,it's rare to find anything really useful even on pilgrim.  But there still should be another one and it's just not there on this save.

I take you've checked all  8 or 9 of the possible cache locations?  I know it's alot of ground to cover, but I've overlooked them a few times only to go back later to find one.

1 minute ago, piddy3825 said:

I take you've checked all  8 or 9 of the possible cache locations?  I know it's alot of ground to cover, but I've overlooked them a few times only to go back later to find one.

Yes I've checked them a few times.  The only one I have trouble with is the one behind three strikes so there is a slight chance I missed it. I seem to get that one a lot so  you'd think I'd find it easier to ..well  find !🙂

Yep = some of the  PV Prepper Cache sites are tough to find -- this time I got the clothing one, which is up the hill from the Pensive Pond, and easy to spot ... but the ones by 3 Strikes and off of the frozen river by the Long Curve are easy to miss (at least for me :) )

5 minutes ago, twyn1 said:

Yep = some of the  PV Prepper Cache sites are tough to find -- this time I got the clothing one, which is up the hill from the Pensive Pond, and easy to spot ... but the ones by 3 Strikes and off of the frozen river by the Long Curve are easy to miss (at least for me :) )

Ive noticed,!  so many sprains from even the smallest incline.ive gone through a lot of painkillers lately!🙂

45 minutes ago, twyn1 said:

yeah those ones along the river by the long curve are sketchy to find.  there's also one between 3 Strikes and Skeeter's Ridge that's nestled between some rock outcroppings that I always seem to miss too

Ack! I hate sprains ... I actually cringe in real life as I'm on an incline that keeps going ... and oftentimes I know I've taken one step too far ... and then hear that awful "ouch" ...

My favorite sprain of all (if I can describe it that way) was when I was standing next to a deer that I just harvested, and somehow "sprained my left wrist", I wasn't even moving!

I've never had a couple of the PV mapped caches in my various games - there's one below Signal Hill, looking towards the pond, that looks easy to spot but I've not seen one there, yet.

Good Luck Hunting!

• Upvote 1

On 12/17/2021 at 7:24 PM, piddy3825 said:

Covered in snow...
Now this would be a nice feature in the game. Makes one wanna check suspicious looking snow piles/humps in the landscape.

• Like 1

Although ı find prepper caches and loot dead body, there was a lack of deer carcass ın PV. Now ı am ın AC and ı haven't seen any deer carcass that ıt should have been. Also there was no corpse ın Fire Overlook and near Hıgh Meadow bridge. I hear sound of crows but there was no body or feather. 

Guest jeffpeng

I'm pretty confident this is the problem:

Each time an area is loaded the randomization of weather or not a carcass or corpse is present is run again. The same happens when you load a save.